[Day 5, Early Evening] Why's It Called the Chuck Wagon? (Open)

Jiyo Sora

Re: [Day 5, Early Evening] Why's It Called the Chuck Wagon? (Open)

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:15 am

"Goats are only as wild as you let 'em be."

He gave a crooked grin.

"And chasing the herds around is good exercise for the young ones..."
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:17 am

"Never been one for trying to keep pets from the wild. My own mouth is enough to feed. And I eat a lot," he said with a chuckle. "Keeping a goat for occasional milk does a lot less for me than just eating the whole thing."
Wanderer • Large

Carries: light armor, dai tsuchi, guqin, yumi & arrows, small knife, hatchet, jade finger

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:35 am

"Eh, if you'd eat what a goat eats, I'd say you have bigger problems than many..."
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:38 am

"I mean, some of it," he says with a shrug. "Sometimes to get by you just gotta boil down whatever you can get your hands on. Food's not always plentiful in the wild."
Wanderer • Large

Carries: light armor, dai tsuchi, guqin, yumi & arrows, small knife, hatchet, jade finger

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:39 am

"Tether your goat near thorn bushes and you do all right."

A grin.

"And any animal that can turn thorn bushes into milk or meat is a fine thing."

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:41 am

"I guess so, but I don't really spend long enough in an area for that to make a big difference. The mountains didn't have enough wood for me to set up a seasonal shelter, so I just made my way straight through."
Wanderer • Large

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:51 am

"Bah! Lowlanders, thinking you need wood for a winter shelter!"

He appeared to be teasing, rather than genuinely contemptuous.

"Just need some hides and tentpoles. If a yak's skin can keep it warm, it can do the same for you!"

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:11 am

"I use skins too, but I need pretty big skins. A small hut for me is probably pretty roomy for you," he says with a smirk. "Perhaps a whole house for some smaller folks around here. Need it to be big enough to keep my wintering supplies inside so other animals don't get into them."
Wanderer • Large

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:20 am

"Bah, three yaks. Maybe four, tops!"

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:33 am

"I wonder how much that would weigh? Need some pretty sturdy tent poles."
Wanderer • Large

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:34 am

"Enough that I wouldn't offer to help, that's for damned sure!"

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:48 am

"If you don't help you don't get roasted yak though," he says raising an eyebrow. "And you know you want roasted yak."
Wanderer • Large

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:53 am

"True..."

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:39 am

"Still not deer though. Deer is delicious. My favorite meat. Especially in the spring."
Wanderer • Large

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:41 am

"I like bear best... but that's because it was a rare treat when I was a kid."

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:56 am

"Lots of meat there. And verry fatty depending on the season. Only had it a few times. Usually I prefer to just try and scare them off."
Wanderer • Large

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:03 am

"Ah, if you find one in the fall that's been hanging out in a berry patch... the fat can be purple..."

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:27 am

"I didn't see anything like that in the bear meat I had. Though for all I know, the bear meat I had might have been different than most other bears. But I have noticed differences in some of the many deer and birds I've eaten from different places. Usually not big differences though."
Wanderer • Large

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:29 am

"A lot of it's diet... and lifestyle. I didn't know deer could be so... tender, until I moved out of the mountains."

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:32 am

"Yeah. Young bucks are best for me. They're not too big that I will waste much, they still have a tenderness to them that a powerful stag has. They're easier to take down, and there is still a lot of muscle and meat."
Wanderer • Large

Return to “The Supply Wagon”