[Day 5, Early Evening] Why's It Called the Chuck Wagon? (Open)

Jiyo Sora

Re: [Day 5, Early Evening] Why's It Called the Chuck Wagon? (Open)

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun May 31, 2020 5:52 am

"Pretty much. I figure so long as everyone involved is happy, it's an arrangement I can support. I know some tribes arrange marriages for political purposes, and I guess I'd be okay with those if the parties involved were allowed to find happiness somewhere else."
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Sun May 31, 2020 5:57 am

"Not really my area. Lost everyone long before I was old enough to marry and our nearest neighboring tribe were the Isawa. They didn't like dealing with us much. I wouldn't even know where to start with that stuff."
Wanderer • Large

Carries: light armor, dai tsuchi, guqin, yumi & arrows, small knife, hatchet, jade finger

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun May 31, 2020 5:58 am

Sora chuckled.

"Honestly? Me neither. This eye of mine meant I wasn't exactly considered a catch among the Hikaru, and I've been kind of busy since I left."
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Sun May 31, 2020 6:03 am

"Honestly, if someone arranged a marriage for me I'd probably be more comfortable with it. I think I'd be okay at caring for anyone I was put with, but I'd have no idea how to figure out how to find a wife. People are harder to read than game trails," he said with a smile.
Last edited by Taochusu on Sun May 31, 2020 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wanderer • Large

Carries: light armor, dai tsuchi, guqin, yumi & arrows, small knife, hatchet, jade finger

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun May 31, 2020 6:04 am

"Eh, people are people. I'm just glad I'm not killing quite as many of them these days."

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Sun May 31, 2020 7:48 am

"Never liked when I had to kill. But making it out of danger alive is a great motivator. Plus, I never felt bad about it either, since I only ever killed folks that made a choice that showed them as killers themselves. I feel more sad when I kill a deer for food than I do when I kill a bandit that would kill me for food."
Wanderer • Large

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun May 31, 2020 11:39 am

"In my tribe, we killed people for being on the wrong side of a river. Glad to say that's mostly behind me now."

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Sun May 31, 2020 1:22 pm

"Never got old enough to get involved with my tribe's fighting before they were gone. No clue what they found worth killing over. But they also didn't talk about it so much so probably only killed to protect themselves. We weren't a huge tribe after all, so picking fights was probably not a good idea."
Wanderer • Large

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun May 31, 2020 3:59 pm

"The Hikaru... Well. We thrived in the Spine of the World, Had to be tough, had to be wary, but we thrived. We were a pretty decent-sized tribe back in the day."

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Sun May 31, 2020 4:05 pm

"I think those were the mountains that I passed through in my youth. If my chats with others have helped me figure it out right. Headed south from near the Isawa lands and crossed some mountains there. Was rough going," he said with a nod.
Wanderer • Large

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun May 31, 2020 4:12 pm

"We liked it that way. Or said we did, loudly and often."

He adopted a stage whisper.

"It was pretty dreadful sometimes."

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Sun May 31, 2020 4:27 pm

"I mean, I can only say what I experienced traveling through it, over a season. It was a pretty view from some of the peaks, though I was definitely not at the highest points. I could see much higher points to the west. Living there for longer than a season would be difficult though. My legs ached all the time," he said with a chuckle.
Wanderer • Large

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun May 31, 2020 4:43 pm

"Ah, that's just lowlander legs. When you're running around the damn mountains all the time you hardly notice..."

He chuckled.

"I bet I'd be appalled if I went back and tried to run some of the trails I used to hit every day."

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Sun May 31, 2020 4:54 pm

"I'd probably be okay with it at this point. Spend so much time on my feet, trudged through swamps and heavy brush. Done all that carrying big animals I hunted down," he said with a nod. "I ain't felt an ache in my legs from walking in years. They just do what I tell them to and stopped resisting."
Wanderer • Large

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun May 31, 2020 5:02 pm

"Might be, might be, although the air is different up there. Thinner."

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Sun May 31, 2020 7:17 pm

"Which is strange with how windy it gets. You'd think with so much wind the air would be easy to breath," he says.
Wanderer • Large

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun May 31, 2020 7:28 pm

"Eh, a mystery for the ages, I suspect..."

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:14 am

"Probably. But another thing I liked in the mountains was the goats. Mean bastards but tasty."
Wanderer • Large

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:04 am

"Oh yes."

Sora nodded emphatically.

"And the milk's good too, when you can get it."

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:11 am

"Haven't had milk since I was in my village. Wild animals are not very willing to sit still for that," he replied with a chuckle.
Wanderer • Large

Return to “The Supply Wagon”