Heated Breakfast (D5, EM)

Jiyo Ayumu

Re: Heated Breakfast (D5, EM)

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Tue May 26, 2020 3:18 am

Nanzi wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 3:04 am
"Logistical confusion?" he said curiously.

"Hantei-ue has provided us a meal and you quibble about a logictical confusion? The Bride of Hantei-kami, and my honored sister, does not err on such matters. Especially when she knows how much Nanzi enjoys her cooking," he added.

"Another, for an old friend?" he said to the woman.
Ayumu nodded in response in a non-committal way. There was nothing he could answer that couldn't be used to start a scene if the other man wanted it. And he didn't want a scene.
Imperial | Former Isawa | Bushi | Artisan | Skeletal
Outfit in camp: No weapon, no trinket (D1-D7), jade (D9+) | On patrol: Light armor, yari, bronze sword, yumi + quiver
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Reputation: What Is Expected | Description

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Tue May 26, 2020 3:19 am

"You have my thanks, honored sister, the food is quite filling," he said and took his seat once more,
Family Daimyo | Sexy DILF | Dark Skin | Doji's Husband | Prodigy | Divine Tongue | Oni Daddy
Status: 7.0 | Glory: 9.0 | Infamy: 0 | Reputation: Untrustworthy | Description | Theme
Possessions: Doji's Favor (Sword), Sword, Luxurious Clothes, Light Armor, Doji's Fan, Jade Finger Necklace
Supporting Staff: Doji Jigutsuji, Nanzi Jongwun, Raven on shoulder

Ryoshun Mai

Post by Ryoshun Mai » Tue May 26, 2020 4:42 am

Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 11:16 pm
"So you're also a carver. That's interesting. I believe Dawei-sensei would love to talk about his own work with you."
"I've yet to encounter Dawei-sensei. I am a weaponsmith of wood, bone and tooth weapons first and foremost, but I do carve decorative items as well."
Ryoshun Family* Artisan * Cursed!
Status - 1.0, Reputation - What is Expected, Glory - 3.5
Wears/Carries:
Light Armor, Sturdy Clothing, tanto, yari, whetstone, Blacksmith's hammer, inherited carving knife, 8 shark teeth

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue May 26, 2020 4:44 am

Back at the serving area, Kinsen moves her attention back to Mai. "Wooden weapons? That is quite interesting. Which kind of weapons you enjoy creating more?"
Stag Clan • Waifu • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Jade Nails • Golden Eyes • Noriaki Beast
DescriptionTheme • Reputation: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.0 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Bronze Sword, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Ryoshun Mai

Post by Ryoshun Mai » Tue May 26, 2020 4:50 am

"I just made a jo staff edged with teeth like these for one Ongaku no Ryoko." She pulled a wicked looking jagged tooth out of a pouch she carried between the layers of her clothes. "This Aiguchi will be edged with them, as well."

"I like to experiment, so I am always making different things. I will probably be making some bone headed arrows after this is done as I know we have several hunters, and provisions might run short if they aren't properly equipped."
Ryoshun Family* Artisan * Cursed!
Status - 1.0, Reputation - What is Expected, Glory - 3.5
Wears/Carries:
Light Armor, Sturdy Clothing, tanto, yari, whetstone, Blacksmith's hammer, inherited carving knife, 8 shark teeth

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue May 26, 2020 4:52 am

"They look great, indeed." Kinsen examines with her eyes a bit more. "You definitely need to meet Dawei-sensei. He's an excellent hunter and I believe would take great benefit from more arrows."
Stag Clan • Waifu • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Jade Nails • Golden Eyes • Noriaki Beast
DescriptionTheme • Reputation: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.0 • Infamy: 1.0

Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Bronze Sword, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
TN to be recognized is 0

Shinjo Miuna

Post by Shinjo Miuna » Tue May 26, 2020 6:43 am

Miuna sneezed quietly, entering the eating space. Something in the environment was making her nose runny and her eyes itchy. How annoying, she thought. Her eyes widened as she walked up, taking in Hantei Kinsen. Doesn't Ayumu usually serve breakfast? She thought, hands and fingers smoothing the folds of her clothing. She had only seen the Kami from a distance, even her beloved Shinjo. She knew there were Kami and their spouses here but she had yet to run into many of them. Kinsen was bewitching, strong, a picture of beauty. No wonder she was chosen by Hantei. She looked down at herself and her rumpled clothing, wondering if anyone would ever find her that beautiful. Or more than a child. She stepped up to the serving area and, remembering her sister's lectures about what they now called etiquette, she bowed low in both and introduction and thanks. She felt awkward, not expecting to see someone other than Ayumu preparing food. And with Aono sleeping in, she was on her own for the morning.
Last edited by Shinjo Miuna on Tue May 26, 2020 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ki-Rin • Blessed by Tengoku • Dangerous Beauty • Deaf • Feisty
• Shugenja • Small • Soft-hearted

Miuna | Aono | Description

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue May 26, 2020 6:48 am

"Good morning," Kinsen greets the newcomer with a similar bow and looks at the pot, still bubbling with some goodies. She asks Miuna with a smile, "It is rather spicy to heat up in this cold morning. Care to share some food with us?"

TN to be recognized is 0

Shinjo Miuna

Post by Shinjo Miuna » Tue May 26, 2020 8:38 am

Miuna smiled and nodded vigorously. The smell was divine and she was glad to be having a meal so warm on a day so cold. She took up an empty bowl and held it out to Kinsen. Belatedly wondering if that was the proper way to do things.

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue May 26, 2020 8:55 am

Another scoop, and Kinsen is amazed of how much there’s still within. She pours another generous portion to the small for, bending a bit down to do so. “There you go. I hope you enjoy it. I’m called Hantei Kinsen, of the Stag. An honor to meet you. Such a cute girl you are.”

TN to be recognized is 0

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Tue May 26, 2020 1:35 pm

Ayumu caught sight of Miuna. He scanned around for Aono. No trace of her.

Now was not the time to stay grumpy about the way things should be done (Ayumu might be more Isawa that he realizes). He took a few steps forward the newly formed duo.

"Kinsen, may I introduce you Shinjo Miuna, healer of the Ki-Rin, and also my professor in the art of speech without sound?"

He signed to Miuna: Hello. I try good image to noise.
Imperial | Former Isawa | Bushi | Artisan | Skeletal
Outfit in camp: No weapon, no trinket (D1-D7), jade (D9+) | On patrol: Light armor, yari, bronze sword, yumi + quiver
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Reputation: What Is Expected | Description

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue May 26, 2020 7:37 pm

She takes another look at Miuna, and her grin widens at the sight. Not only she was a gem, but also part of a Clan. "Well, I'm specially honored to meet you, Shinjo-san."

TN to be recognized is 0

Shinjo Miuna

Post by Shinjo Miuna » Tue May 26, 2020 10:45 pm

She blushed at reading "Such a cute girl, you are," on Kinsen's lips. She was happy that Ayumu was nearby and came over. She smiled widely, signing back to him, "A little rough, still a good job though!" She wished Aono was awake so that she could convey the respect that Kinsen deserved. She bowed as low as she could muster without spilling the contents of her bowl and claimed a seat, nodding to the others as she passed them. She raised a spoonful to her mouth and when it met her lips, an audible mmm escaped her. It was so rich, perfect for such a dreary day. It brought color to her pale, cold cheeks, warming her slowly but steadily from the inside out. She puffed out a breath in satisfaction, and it was so warm that it steamed in the crisp air. Her eyes sought out Kinsen again and she beamed when the woman looked her way.

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Wed May 27, 2020 1:27 am

The urging feelings of having a daughter so pretty as Miuna cannot be contained enough. Kinsen cheeks warm up a bit. Happy everyone seemed to be served, Kinsen pours a scoop to herself and takes a seat near the group, waiting to see which topic they would bring up.

TN to be recognized is 0

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Wed May 27, 2020 1:49 pm

A late riser shows up, bleary eyed. He moves to stand in line for the food, shuffling. He appears totally unknowing of any issues that might have arisen. A large yawn is seen coming from him.
Kyosei of the Isawa Tribe
Shugenja • Earth • Experienced • Jade

Glory 2 • Reputation 4 • Status 1
Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.
When out in the area outside the camps, Axe, shovel, bo staff.

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Wed May 27, 2020 8:01 pm

She was nearly ready to get the spoon into her lips, but stops as Kyosei arrives. With a smile, she lifts herself up again and goes toward the pot, stirring it over a bit, and serving a bowl to the Isawa. "Good morning. I hope you enjoy it."

She offers it with both hands.

TN to be recognized is 0

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Wed May 27, 2020 10:45 pm

The daimyo finished his meal and gave words to the chef:

"Chill mist air, hard work,
Queen of stags, prepares succor,
Soul refreshed, reborn."

He began the process of cleaning his bowl much to the complaints of his student who offered to do it for him. Nanzi chuckled and said, "Nanzi is not so high he cannot clean a simple bowl."
Family Daimyo | Sexy DILF | Dark Skin | Doji's Husband | Prodigy | Divine Tongue | Oni Daddy
Status: 7.0 | Glory: 9.0 | Infamy: 0 | Reputation: Untrustworthy | Description | Theme
Possessions: Doji's Favor (Sword), Sword, Luxurious Clothes, Light Armor, Doji's Fan, Jade Finger Necklace

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Thu May 28, 2020 6:14 am

Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 8:01 pm
She was nearly ready to get the spoon into her lips, but stops as Kyosei arrives. With a smile, she lifts herself up again and goes toward the pot, stirring it over a bit, and serving a bowl to the Isawa. "Good morning. I hope you enjoy it."

She offers it with both hands.
He is asleep enough not the notice her going out of her way, but gives a nod, and a half-grunted "Thank you." He finds an empty spot, and sits, before looking at the bowl, then starting to spoon it into his mouth.
Kyosei of the Isawa Tribe
Shugenja • Earth • Experienced • Jade

Glory 2 • Reputation 4 • Status 1
Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.
When out in the area outside the camps, Axe, shovel, bo staff.

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Thu May 28, 2020 9:07 am

Kinsen shrugs and covers the pot again, leaving room to pay attention to Nanzi's poem. Noticing he came nearby to wash, Kinsen also makes room, and resumes eating herself.

With a bright smile, she gives a thankful nod. She thought, at first, he wound just eat and leave like a skinny stray dog. Yet, he showed to be a polite, and admirable black Crane. Kinsen says, "That was beautiful, Nanzi-sama. I've heard Doji-kami-sama arranges words with profound meanings to express some of her thoughts. I imagine this is another of her gifts. Thank you."

--
Edit: fixing Nanzi's name.
Last edited by Hantei Kinsen on Thu May 28, 2020 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

TN to be recognized is 0

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Thu May 28, 2020 9:12 am

"Self taught if one can believe it back at the First Tournament," he replied proudly.

"Nanzi has many talents."

Return to “The Supply Wagon”