Heated Breakfast (D5, EM)

Hantei Kinsen

Heated Breakfast (D5, EM)

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Mon May 25, 2020 9:06 pm

Kinsen cursed the swamp gods and their chilly mists for this awful day. She had just adjusted a new awesome –– and quite flashy –– design for her kimono with Jiyo Ayumu's amazing sewing skills yesterday. Shivering, but fortunately with an extra blanket wrapped around her as a cape, the mother of Hantei's lineage shuns away ill thoughts and stands in front of the cooking fire, preparing a very decent breakfast for all of those waking up hungry. She drops a bit of extra spice, and nearly ruins the thing. Yet, tasting it, it feels just fine for a decent meal.

--
Craft: Cooking/Willpower + VP for skill + 1 Raise for Cheers: 5d10o10k4 21
Stag Clan • Waifu • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Jade Nails • Golden Eyes • Noriaki Beast
DescriptionTheme • Reputation: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.0 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Bronze Sword, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Ryoshun Mai

Re: Heated Breakfast (D5, EM)

Post by Ryoshun Mai » Mon May 25, 2020 9:55 pm

Before eating, Mai sat to the side carving away at the wooden knife. She began to add notches for the teeth spacing them close together so there would be as little gap as possible. The shape definitely looked like an Aiguchi now.

Wrapped in her blanket, she shivered a little. This morning was nearly as cold as some in the mountains up home. After a while, she would allow herself to get up and retrieve whatever grain porridge was available this morning to warm her insides.

"Ohayou!" She called out to the Hantei, not recognizing the colors. "Cold day, neh?"
Ryoshun Family* Artisan * Cursed!
Status - 1.0, Reputation - What is Expected, Glory - 3.5
Wears/Carries:
Light Armor, Sturdy Clothing, tanto, yari, whetstone, Blacksmith's hammer, inherited carving knife, 8 shark teeth

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Mon May 25, 2020 10:09 pm

Kinsen bows to Mai as she approaches, and provides a bow of that spicy porridge, with a wooden spoon. Offering with both hands, she replies to the Ryoshun. "Hmm. Yes. Cold day. Quite unecessary. We can make a good day, nonetheless. Please, take some."

Her golden hair and eyes could be enough to be recognized by nearly everyone, actually.
Stag Clan • Waifu • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Jade Nails • Golden Eyes • Noriaki Beast
DescriptionTheme • Reputation: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.0 • Infamy: 1.0

Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Bronze Sword, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
TN to be recognized is 0

Ryoshun Mai

Post by Ryoshun Mai » Mon May 25, 2020 10:20 pm

"Ahh, Kinsen-sama! I never thought I would meet you. Thank you for the porridge. This one is Ryoshun Mai. I hope to finish this knife today and find a good owner. If you know of any who specialize in knives, I would be much obliged."

She took a bite of the spicy porridge, "this is really good!" Turned out Mai loved anything spicy.
Ryoshun Family* Artisan * Cursed!
Status - 1.0, Reputation - What is Expected, Glory - 3.5
Wears/Carries:
Light Armor, Sturdy Clothing, tanto, yari, whetstone, Blacksmith's hammer, inherited carving knife, 8 shark teeth

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Mon May 25, 2020 10:39 pm

Jigutsuji had some writing to do while Jongwun and Nanzi went to grab breakfast before they did some training later with Crane soldiers and any that wished to join them. The duo got some food, it was passable and then found a spot to sit and eat.
Family Daimyo | Sexy DILF | Dark Skin | Doji's Husband | Prodigy | Divine Tongue | Oni Daddy
Status: 7.0 | Glory: 9.0 | Infamy: 0 | Reputation: Untrustworthy | Description | Theme
Possessions: Doji's Favor (Sword), Sword, Luxurious Clothes, Light Armor, Doji's Fan, Jade Finger Necklace
Supporting Staff: Doji Jigutsuji, Nanzi Jongwun, Raven on shoulder

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Mon May 25, 2020 11:16 pm

Passable?

Kinsen takes a mental note as she observes the Crane duo taking their bites. Her eyes go back to Mai, continue their chat. She thanks her cordiality for all to hear, "Oh! Thank you Ryoshun-san. It is very kind of you to show you're enjoying the food I've been preparing with all my heart. I hope it warms your up all up."

Then, she smiles again, and keeps os stirring the pot, adding in a rather lower tone of voice, "So you're also a carver. That's interesting. I believe Dawei-sensei would love to talk about his own work with you."

TN to be recognized is 0

Miyako

Post by Miyako » Mon May 25, 2020 11:26 pm

Miyako took a couple moments to stretch and shrug off the sleep as she got a start to her day. A thick blanket kept her comfortable overnight and a solidly-woven cloak of straw which she wrapped herself in after waking up continued to keep the cold. Unlike on the previous couple days, she did not take the time to decorate the cloak with her collection of colorful feathers and other such things, going for a more practical appearance to keep her hands tucked away and kept warm, though she did at least put on her necklace and bracelets of colored stones and carved bones. Her morning routine about as complete as it would be in this weather, she left her tent and meandered on over to the supply wagons to get a morning meal and get a jump-start on the day.

"A good morning to you!" the tribeswoman called out to the chef as she approached and offered a small wave of the hand. "Hopefully it warms up later today. Thank you for rising early that we might have this warm meal to start the day: I'm sure many will be looking forward to it."
Chinsei Tribe * Hunter (Bushi) * Herbalist * Storyteller * Singer * Pleasant-Voiced * Sharp-Eyed? * Talkative! * Night Child
Status: 0.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Reputation: Normal / What is Expected

Speaking * Signing
Equipment: Light armor, sturdy clothing, wide-brimmed straw hat, straw cloak, yari, yumi, quiver, water and rations, traveling pack
Profile!

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue May 26, 2020 12:40 am

Woith both hands, Kinsen shares a portion of the meal with Miyako, followed by a warm grin. "Good morning! So kind of you to feed me with your good words this morning. I am Hantei Kinsen, of the Stag. Please, enjoy."

TN to be recognized is 0

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Tue May 26, 2020 1:21 am

Jongwun was not a fan of the spice but she nodded to Kinsen and said, "Hantei-ue, thank you for this blessing."
Family Daimyo | Sexy DILF | Dark Skin | Doji's Husband | Prodigy | Divine Tongue | Oni Daddy
Status: 7.0 | Glory: 9.0 | Infamy: 0 | Reputation: Untrustworthy | Description | Theme
Possessions: Doji's Favor (Sword), Sword, Luxurious Clothes, Light Armor, Doji's Fan, Jade Finger Necklace

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue May 26, 2020 1:25 am

"It is ours to share." She mentions, giving a nod back at the young maiden. "Fortune have blessed us with these provisions. Hopefully enough for the whole travel. I am thankful for it."

TN to be recognized is 0

Miyako

Post by Miyako » Tue May 26, 2020 1:41 am

"Hantei Kinsen, of the Stag..." Miyako repeated quietly to herself as she tried to put name and face to memory. She reached out with her hands to accept the bowl of food. "I am Miyako of the Chinsei - a pleasure to meet you!" She stepped off to the side so that others could come and fetch the morning meal as well. Holding steady the bowl of porridge with a tucked-in arm, the tribeswoman used her other free hand to take the spoon and give it a taste. The spiciness, though unexpected, turned out to be pretty good overall!

"Mmm... nothing better than a warm meal on a cold day! I really enjoy the extra touch of seasoning too - to me it adds a nice warming sensation on the way down. Was that your idea?" she asked before trying another spoonful.
Chinsei Tribe * Hunter (Bushi) * Herbalist * Storyteller * Singer * Pleasant-Voiced * Sharp-Eyed? * Talkative! * Night Child
Status: 0.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Reputation: Normal / What is Expected

Speaking * Signing
Equipment: Light armor, sturdy clothing, wide-brimmed straw hat, straw cloak, yari, yumi, quiver, water and rations, traveling pack
Profile!

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Tue May 26, 2020 1:42 am

Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 9:06 pm
Kinsen cursed the swamp gods and their chilly mists for this awful day. She had just adjusted a new awesome –– and quite flashy –– design for her kimono with Jiyo Ayumu's amazing sewing skills yesterday. Shivering, but fortunately with an extra blanket wrapped around her as a cape, the mother of Hantei's lineage shuns away ill thoughts and stands in front of the cooking fire, preparing a very decent breakfast for all of those waking up hungry. She drops a bit of extra spice, and nearly ruins the thing. Yet, tasting it, it feels just fine for a decent meal.

--
Craft: Cooking/Willpower + VP for skill + 1 Raise for Cheers: 5d10o10k4 21
Ayumu smelled the bowl. It seemed fine at first glance but... Something was off. It was far too rich. Like...

He slipped into the wagon to confirm his suspicion.

"Kinsen, may I have a word?"
Imperial | Former Isawa | Bushi | Artisan | Skeletal
Outfit in camp: No weapon, no trinket (D1-D7), jade (D9+) | On patrol: Light armor, yari, bronze sword, yumi + quiver
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Reputation: What Is Expected | Description

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue May 26, 2020 2:32 am

Miyako wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 1:41 am
"Mmm... nothing better than a warm meal on a cold day! I really enjoy the extra touch of seasoning too - to me it adds a nice warming sensation on the way down. Was that your idea?" she asked before trying another spoonful.
She waves her hand at the attention feeling her ego pampered enough. "It is an honor to have tribespeople around us once more. It is important we show you the way of the Kami. Like the food, it fills us up to keep on going, warming our hearts in a cold day."
Jiyo Ayumu wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 1:42 am
Ayumu smelled the bowl. It seemed fine at first glance but... Something was off. It was far too rich. Like...

He slipped into the wagon to confirm his suspicion.

Kinsen blinks at his request, bows to others apologizing for a moment, and taps the pot so heat wouldn't go out unnecessarily. Moving his way, she inquires the man using his family name, since others could, perhaps, hear it out. "Yes, Jiyo-san. What's the matter?"

TN to be recognized is 0

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Tue May 26, 2020 2:38 am

Jiyo Ayumu wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 1:42 am
Kinsen blinks at his request, bows to others apologizing for a moment, and taps the pot so heat wouldn't go out unnecessarily. Moving his way, she inquires the man using his family name, since others could, perhaps, hear it out. "Yes, Jiyo-san. What's the matter?"
"Apologies but... It's very nice of you to have taken upon yourself to prepare breakfast. We can all taste the enthusiasm, the zeal, the will that you put into it.

But you also put three meals worth of provisions in that single meal. We're going to starve quickly if you continue that way. I know carefully counting and weighting the ingredients may be boring, but it's very important in those circumstances. Could you please play by the rules next time?"
Outfit in camp: No weapon, no trinket (D1-D7), jade (D9+) | On patrol: Light armor, yari, bronze sword, yumi + quiver

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Tue May 26, 2020 2:43 am

Nanzi raised a brow at the man's... insistence.

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue May 26, 2020 2:55 am

Kinsen is not used to being scolded. Specially when she puts her full heart to deliver goodness to the whole crew. They managed to get a lot of provisions, nearly slaying all the boars roaming around the Seidou lands. Either they had to be cooked, or thrown away.

Touching the black choker laced on her neck, Kinsen takes a deep breath, and smiles to Ayumu. After all, he did an amazing job with her clothes yesterday –– even though that's partially why she's shaking in cold today. With a nod, she replies, "I will be more careful now that we've used the expandable surplus. I didn't know about the rules, though. I hope you enjoy it."

TN to be recognized is 0

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Tue May 26, 2020 2:57 am

Nanzi rose and approached, "Is there an issue with the cooking?"

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Tue May 26, 2020 3:01 am

Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 2:55 am
Touching the black choker laced on her neck, Kinsen takes a deep breath, and smiles to Ayumu. After all, he did an amazing job with her clothes yesterday –– even though that's partially why she's shaking in cold today. With a nod, she replies, "I will be more careful now that we've used the expandable surplus. I didn't know about the rules, though. I hope you enjoy it."
"No worry. What is done is done. And the meal is indeed enjoyable, thanks."
Nanzi wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 2:57 am
Nanzi rose and approached, "Is there an issue with the cooking?"
"Hi milord. No, the cooking is quite fine. I hope you find it to your liking. We were just discussing a minor logistical confusion."

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Tue May 26, 2020 3:04 am

"Logistical confusion?" he said curiously.

"Hantei-ue has provided us a meal and you quibble about a logictical confusion? The Bride of Hantei-kami, and my honored sister, does not err on such matters. Especially when she knows how much Nanzi enjoys her cooking," he added.

"Another, for an old friend?" he said to the woman.

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue May 26, 2020 3:11 am

Kinsen reopens the cooking pot and the spicy puff of smoke flies up. She holds down so no tear falls, but her eyes do get watery. With a generous scoop, she fills up Nanzi's bowl, smiling to both, now that they said they are enjoying it.

TN to be recognized is 0

Return to “The Supply Wagon”