Updates Needed (D5, EA, Expecting)

Jin

Re: Updates Needed (D5, EA, Expecting)

Post by Jin » Wed May 27, 2020 2:50 pm

"... and poisoned water leads to poisoned meat." Jin frowns, "It is a very good thing we stocked up well on supplies before we traveled. We may not be able to trust hunting for food soon enough if this continues. We should also ensure that, if we find a truly pure source of water, we replenish as much as we can."
Ki-Rin • Jin Family Daimyo • Experienced • Shugenja • Healer • Martyr • Cartographer • Missing Eye • Missing Hand • Jade

Carries: Ashigaru armor, robes, tanto, medicine kit, bundle of scrolls and maps, finger of jade.

Description

Agasha

Post by Agasha » Thu May 28, 2020 7:17 am

"Yes, yes! Any problem goes up. The animals drink the water or eat what's in it, and predators eat them, and it spreads," she agreed. "Right now it's a concentrated area. We should search future areas to see if there's more. Something like this, it would be difficult to contain. The more nature does what it does, the more it would spread."
Bat Clan | Shugenja | Fire | Raised by Nazo | Overly Honest

Run by GM Canary

Jin

Post by Jin » Thu May 28, 2020 8:29 am

Jin nods, "Sadly if this is any example I fear we will have plenty of opportunities for such study as we draw nearer. But you are right - knowledge is power and we must know our enemy. Anything we can learn might turn out vital not just for turning back this corruption but in aiding our mission as well."

The daimyo ponders for a moment then nods to himself again, "If you have not yet met with Kyosei of the Isawa I would recommend speaking with him. His knowledge of earth rivals my own and he was the first to learn how to draw on the purity of jade through magic. If there may yet be some way to purge the land of this evil... to burn it out if need be... he may have the most insight yet on how that might be done. I am sure much research would still be needed, and I am happy to help, but I think his knowledge would be vital."
Ki-Rin • Jin Family Daimyo • Experienced • Shugenja • Healer • Martyr • Cartographer • Missing Eye • Missing Hand • Jade

Carries: Ashigaru armor, robes, tanto, medicine kit, bundle of scrolls and maps, finger of jade.

Description

Agasha

Post by Agasha » Thu May 28, 2020 8:42 am

She nodded again. "All right. It may be something to get together on after all is said and done. I wonder if others of the Isawa might be convinced to help...?"

Run by GM Canary

Jin

Post by Jin » Thu May 28, 2020 8:50 am

"It may take some hard convincing. Especially where this is so far from their lands. But perhaps the magnitude of the task and the skill required would be enough to tempt them into participating."

Description

Agasha

Post by Agasha » Thu May 28, 2020 8:56 am

"I think it being able to... jump its influence out like this will be a good argument," she noted. "It's not impossible it'll be that long before it leap frogs up to them without help."

Run by GM Canary

Jin

Post by Jin » Thu May 28, 2020 9:16 am

"True, one hopes that its reach is limited but we cannot rely solely on hope."

Description

Agasha

Post by Agasha » Thu May 28, 2020 12:22 pm

"Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst is what I've heard," she agreed cheerfully.

Run by GM Canary

Jin

Post by Jin » Thu May 28, 2020 12:54 pm

"A very wise saying indeed. I shall do my best to keep it in mind." He returns the smile, her nature rubbing off on him despite the darker topics.

Description

Return to “The Camp”