[D5, EA, Expecting] An Interview with Mr. Crane

Doji Kaze

[D5, EA, Expecting] An Interview with Mr. Crane

Post by Doji Kaze » Tue May 26, 2020 6:51 am

Mid-day found Kaze stoking a small fire in the space before Nanzi's tent. He was turning yesterday's rabbit on the spit, waiting for the arrival of his lord's guests, a studiously neutral expression on his face.
* Crane Clan * ex-Chinsei * Very, Very Quiet * Reformed Wild Man of the Woods * In Love With Words *

Equipment: Yari, Nage-yari, Yumi, Ashiguru armor, some rope, a jade pendant, and a shovel.

Nanzi

Re: [D5, EA, Expecting] An Interview with Mr. Crane

Post by Nanzi » Tue May 26, 2020 6:55 am

Jongwun sat outside by the fire and sharpened her blade meticulously as her Lord waited inside his tent. She said to Kaze, “I haven't had much chance to hunt lately, how is the game around here, honored cousin?”
Family Daimyo | Sexy DILF | Dark Skin | Doji's Husband | Prodigy | Divine Tongue | Oni Daddy
Status: 7.0 | Glory: 9.0 | Infamy: 0 | Reputation: Untrustworthy | Description | Theme
Possessions: Doji's Favor (Sword), Sword, Luxurious Clothes, Light Armor, Doji's Fan, Jade Finger Necklace
Supporting Staff: Doji Jigutsuji, Nanzi Jongwun, Raven on shoulder

Doji Kaze

Post by Doji Kaze » Tue May 26, 2020 7:16 am

Kaze frowned. "Not ideal. The animals are skittish. Alert for danger."

He shook his head. "It is not a healthy country, here."
* Crane Clan * ex-Chinsei * Very, Very Quiet * Reformed Wild Man of the Woods * In Love With Words *

Equipment: Yari, Nage-yari, Yumi, Ashiguru armor, some rope, a jade pendant, and a shovel.

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Tue May 26, 2020 7:36 am

The swordswoman frowned and then said with confidence, “It matters not we are Crane and will endure these trials just as Lady Doji endured and we shall do so with grace and Honor. Forgive me for asking but what can you tell me about these guests?”
Family Daimyo | Sexy DILF | Dark Skin | Doji's Husband | Prodigy | Divine Tongue | Oni Daddy
Status: 7.0 | Glory: 9.0 | Infamy: 0 | Reputation: Untrustworthy | Description | Theme
Possessions: Doji's Favor (Sword), Sword, Luxurious Clothes, Light Armor, Doji's Fan, Jade Finger Necklace

Doji Kaze

Post by Doji Kaze » Tue May 26, 2020 8:11 am

"I have only met the one, Seidou Satone. She is a little rough, but less so than I was before the Lady found me. A little indulgence on my part uncovered an open mind, open to learning. She is the bodyguard and eyes for Seidou Haruyo, who is a religious figure, I think."

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Tue May 26, 2020 8:21 am

"Do they seek to pledge fealty?" she asked curiously.

Doji Kaze

Post by Doji Kaze » Tue May 26, 2020 8:43 am

"I think it is a possibility, though they are unlikely to leap at the opportunity without feeling out other options." He met her eyes over the turning rabbit. "Best to be...open about things, I think. Satone responded well to sincerity."

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Tue May 26, 2020 9:14 am

"It is our betters that will decide such things, but I shall watch to see their measure," she said as the woman returned to sharpening her blade.

"There are many strangers here, and I sense most are seeking opportunity not responsibility."

Seidou Haruyo

Post by Seidou Haruyo » Tue May 26, 2020 9:32 am

Guided in the proper direction by Setsuna, Haruyo walked on her own through the paths of the tents with a walking stick to guide her as well. Side by side, as they walked forward Haruyo sensed the destination drawing nearer and nearer. Within sight now, as they were, she wasn't far from the truth.

Through all of the ways that Haruyo might have arrived here Satone's request was truly the most efficient.
Seidou | Shugenja | Blind | Friend of Earth | Friendly Earth Kami | Blessed by Earth | Clear Thinker

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Tue May 26, 2020 9:46 am

Satone walked with Haruyo silently, her eyes fixed ahead of them. Her mind had hundreds of questions swarming i it, but she treid to keep it calm by breathing steadily and concentrating on something to stare at.

Finally, they arrived at the dsignated meeting spot and waited.

"Shouldn't be long now."
Seidou Tribe|Bushi|Large|Strength of the Earth|Blessed by the Earth|Kharmic Tie|Doubt|True Love|Bad Eyesight
Carries: Light Armor, Dai Tsuchi wrapped in blessed rope, Blacksmithing Gear, Jade pendant, 7 uses of jade dust oil
Bodyguard for Seidou Haruyo

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Tue May 26, 2020 9:55 am

Jongwun rose and bowed and said, "You stand before the tent of Nanzi, daimyo of the Nanzi family, please be at ease and welcome. This one is his retainer and page, Nanzi Jongwun. You are familiar with Doji Kaze, yes?"

Doji Kaze

Post by Doji Kaze » Tue May 26, 2020 10:08 am

Kaze rose from his position turning the spit to offer a smile and bow, but was soon back to turning. It would not do to mess up lunch.

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Tue May 26, 2020 10:24 am

Satone gives a nod of her head, and lowers her hammer to the ground, placing its head on the earth and leaning onto the handle.

"I am Satone, and this is Haruyo. Both of us are from the remnants of the Seidou, those who have not joined with Hida. I met Kaze earlier on this trip"
Seidou Tribe|Bushi|Large|Strength of the Earth|Blessed by the Earth|Kharmic Tie|Doubt|True Love|Bad Eyesight
Carries: Light Armor, Dai Tsuchi wrapped in blessed rope, Blacksmithing Gear, Jade pendant, 7 uses of jade dust oil

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Tue May 26, 2020 10:49 am

Nanzi exited followed by Jigutsuji and said with a bow, "Welcome, Nanzi greets you. Shall we sit and speak, honored members of the Seidou?"

Nanzi wore his armor as this was the field now.

Seidou Haruyo

Post by Seidou Haruyo » Tue May 26, 2020 11:24 am

"If that is what you wish," Haruyo says, never bothering to turn her head as she spoke. "I am yet here at only the request from Satone here, but I am certain that there is much you would say that I wish to hear."
Seidou | Shugenja | Blind | Friend of Earth | Friendly Earth Kami | Blessed by Earth | Clear Thinker

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Tue May 26, 2020 1:13 pm

"It is good to meet you, husband of Doji. My charge and I are on a journey of knowledge. There is much we wish to know about these gods who fell from heaven, and I was told you would be the closest we could get to speaking to the one who has founded your clan."

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Tue May 26, 2020 5:59 pm

"Then ask away, Nanzi will dispel the ignorance and bring light," he said warmly.

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Tue May 26, 2020 6:35 pm

"What is Lady Doji like? WHat are her desires, her hopes, her dreams? What are her expectations? Her ideals? What does she wish to see from her followers? Who will she allow to follow her?"

Satone rattles off the questions in quick succession.

"All of those, and more. I suppose the first though can be simple enough. Why do you love her enough to be her husband?"

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Tue May 26, 2020 6:57 pm

Nanzi nodded warmly and said, “First Doji has no desires, in our ways desire is a sin it is a distraction from Duty. Indeed to Love completely to the point of obsession is a distraction from Duty. We are all servants of Emperor Shiba, and that must remain first in our minds.”

“Do not misunderstand though, Nanzi has great affection for his wife and she for him. We are a partnership as any great match should be. She is the rainbow that appears after a misty rain, the cool water on a hot summer day, she sustains me and Nanzi sustains her.”

Nanzi paused rubbing his beard and then said, “She is the Champion of the Crane, just as Hida is the Champion of the Crab; what is it that she hopes for, she hopes to bring beauty and culture into the world either through inspiring what is there or creating it anew. She dreams of an Empire where people are given over to do what they are best at doing and the freedom to pursue that role with Honor and Compassion.”

“Many do not understand, or see the point behind the proper use of honorifics, the proper use of the fan when speaking with others, or any number of small rituals that make up daily life but they all form a larger tapestry of an orderly and good society. Nanzi sees the purpose and lives by that example now,” he said with a kind smile.

“The leaders of the Crane expect any that swear fealty to the Clan and families to protect and espouse beauty, grace, and Courtesy; be it with our words or with our blades. There is a better way of doing things, of being, and we will be that model.”

“Jongwun-san, what is Courtesy,” Nanzi asked.

Jongwun replied sharply, “Hai! To give respect to others and honor their name and position no matter the circumstance, be it foe or friend, we must give Courtesy. As you have written, Nanzi-sensei, we must not judge a samurai by how he treats his betters but by how he treats the lowest person. This is Courtesy.”

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Tue May 26, 2020 10:11 pm

Satone nods approvingly many times through the lengthy explanation, but also frowns an equal measure.

“Much to think on. Though one must ask, Honor, Duty, Compassion...why have so many rules when you could just say: Be a good person.”

Return to “The Camp”