[D5, EA, Expecting] An Interview with Mr. Crane

Seidou Satone

Re: [D5, EA, Expecting] An Interview with Mr. Crane

Post by Seidou Satone » Wed May 27, 2020 6:18 pm

"I still do not understand why they have waited so long to mount a rescue. They spent five years touring the lands and holding games to determine who of them would be their leader. If my brother or sister was missing, I would have made that my first priority. It just doesn't feel very divine."
Seidou Tribe|Bushi|Large|Strength of the Earth|Blessed by the Earth|Kharmic Tie|Doubt|True Love|Bad Eyesight
Carries: Light Armor, Dai Tsuchi wrapped in blessed rope, Blacksmithing Gear, Jade pendant, 7 uses of jade dust oil
Bodyguard for Seidou Haruyo

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Wed May 27, 2020 6:21 pm

Seidou Satone wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 6:18 pm
"I still do not understand why they have waited so long to mount a rescue. They spent five years touring the lands and holding games to determine who of them would be their leader. If my brother or sister was missing, I would have made that my first priority. It just doesn't feel very divine."
"They believed he was dead, beyond their grasp, they only learned of his plight through my good friend Reiko of the Spider," Nanzi responded.

"Nanzi wanted this to happen sooner but there were things that needed doing, to establish continuity. Nanzi has pushed for this though all these years, and now it is happening."
Family Daimyo | Sexy DILF | Dark Skin | Doji's Husband | Prodigy | Divine Tongue | Oni Daddy
Status: 7.0 | Glory: 9.0 | Infamy: 0 | Reputation: Untrustworthy | Description | Theme
Possessions: Doji's Favor (Sword), Sword, Luxurious Clothes, Light Armor, Doji's Fan, Jade Finger Necklace
Supporting Staff: Doji Jigutsuji, Nanzi Jongwun, Raven on shoulder

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Wed May 27, 2020 6:24 pm

"Well, you have a good head and heart then, Nanzi. What can you say to us to make us choose to follow Doji over all others? You have given why you do, and why you believe she is worth following, but what of all the others that fell with her? Are they not just as equally impressive and worthy of people to submit to them?"
Seidou Tribe|Bushi|Large|Strength of the Earth|Blessed by the Earth|Kharmic Tie|Doubt|True Love|Bad Eyesight
Carries: Light Armor, Dai Tsuchi wrapped in blessed rope, Blacksmithing Gear, Jade pendant, 7 uses of jade dust oil

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Wed May 27, 2020 6:42 pm

“Nanzi is wounded, he thought his honeyed words and handsome face would be enough,” he joked warmly.

“Jigutsuji-san, Jongwun-san, and Kaze-san, why did you choose to follow Doji and Nanzi?” he asked.

Jigutsuji smiled and said, “I am honored Nanzi-ue, this one chose to follow Doji-ue because she wishes to create a new world of beauty and goodness. A place where those that prove worthy can pursue a path to better themselves and in so doing the world around them. I find that vision worthwhile.”

Jongwun nodded and said, “Thank you Nanzi-sensei, this one has chosen the path of the sword, because she wishes to defend others that cannot. She believes in the beauty and skill that the Crane represents and what it means to be as Nanzi-sensei stresses, samurai. To act correctly at all times and be ready to act and protect that which matters most.”

Nanzi then glanced to Kaze.
Family Daimyo | Sexy DILF | Dark Skin | Doji's Husband | Prodigy | Divine Tongue | Oni Daddy
Status: 7.0 | Glory: 9.0 | Infamy: 0 | Reputation: Untrustworthy | Description | Theme
Possessions: Doji's Favor (Sword), Sword, Luxurious Clothes, Light Armor, Doji's Fan, Jade Finger Necklace

Seidou Haruyo

Post by Seidou Haruyo » Wed May 27, 2020 7:09 pm

With the touch of the humor yet hanging in the air, Haruyo added in spirit, "Honeyed words you may have, Nanzi. Yet, I am afraid a handsome face does not hold the merit you might wish it does for all audiences."
Seidou | Shugenja | Blind | Friend of Earth | Friendly Earth Kami | Blessed by Earth | Clear Thinker

Doji Kaze

Post by Doji Kaze » Wed May 27, 2020 11:01 pm

"She was kind to me." Kaze smiled. "And she told me of a world where words of virtue could create that virtue, and words of deep feeling could create those feelings. It still seems miraculous to me, but I have seen it work."

He paused. "But Haruyo-san spoke of other Kami. They are many, but their works and ways speak more to some than to others. Hida protects, and inspires others to protect as well. There are many who need protection, but it did not resonate with me. Akodo marshals and organizes. There is value in this, but I have been a loner all my life. Shiba is a gatherer of knowledge. Knowledge is precious, but it can be cold. Togashi leads an inward journey, Shinjo an outward one.

All of these things are important, but with all of them, we might create the One Great Tribe Called Empire and discover that it is powerful, and safe, and well-organized, and rich in knowledge, and expanding to the four corners of the world, but that it had changed nothing in the hearts and souls of the people. Doji's way teaches us to cultivate the virtues and the ways of talking that will allow us to live as one, united at heart even when we disagree. And that seemed to me to be the most precious gift of all. The new way that creates a family of all people."
* Crane Clan * ex-Chinsei * Very, Very Quiet * Reformed Wild Man of the Woods * In Love With Words *

Equipment: Yari, Nage-yari, Yumi, Ashiguru armor, some rope, a jade pendant, and a shovel.

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Wed May 27, 2020 11:12 pm

Nanzi nodded and said, “Kaze-kun speaks true, and she has nurtured his growth well and that is ultimately why Nanzi chose to work with Doji. She nurtures the growth of culture and society; she wishes to create an identity that is the Empire and the Clans and not disparate tribes that squabble over scraps and cling to old ways.”

“No offense to those old ways, those that prove lasting will be carried forward into the new world, but others will fall away. A united people sharing a vibrant and unifying culture and way of speaking will manifest beauty and virtue.”

Nanzi finished with, “The Crane are the keepers and purveyors of the way of being as a united people; culture, beauty, speaking… a civilized way of existence. The Seidou have merits but your tribe is growing smaller by the day, and that is not unique to your people. Other tribes are coming to the Empire, because they recognize that there is a better way and a better future for all.”

“Look around see how others speak in the camp, the customs already taking root,” Nanzi said with a polite bow of respect.

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Wed May 27, 2020 11:30 pm

Satone listens and stays quiet, contemplating the words and waiting to see what Haruyo says on the matter.

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Thu May 28, 2020 2:56 am

Seidou Satone wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 11:30 pm
Satone listens and stays quiet, contemplating the words and waiting to see what Haruyo says on the matter.
His gaze turned to the blind woman as well, not that she could see it.

Seidou Haruyo

Post by Seidou Haruyo » Thu May 28, 2020 5:17 am

Feeling the attention granted her, especially by the silence of the others Haruyo took a few more moments to herself to reflect in the wake of their speaking.

"First," she began, "I must thank you for the words you have shared. I do not believe I have faced a more compelling argument in favor of following these beings who integrate themselves among us as leaders of the people. Yet, I cannot mislead you for it would be improper. Without coming to understand these beings from my own perspective I could never allow myself to be swayed by the words of others. Though your words are well received, and have taught me much."
Seidou | Shugenja | Blind | Friend of Earth | Friendly Earth Kami | Blessed by Earth | Clear Thinker

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Thu May 28, 2020 5:22 am

“You should join us with your heart and mind ready to receive our wisdom, and we would not want you to come to us in ignorance. No matter your decision, Nanzi is honored to have shared this moment with you and he is always happy to speak about the Crane,” he said kindly.

“Do you have any other questions or concerns that Nanzi could dispel?”

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Thu May 28, 2020 6:18 am

Satone shakes her head.

"None I care to share, at the moment. Still need to speak with many more before I can get a good feel for things."

She sets her face in a hard expression.

"I can say though, that there is still much I do not like about all of this. You have honeyed words, but honey can lead flies to a trap they can never escape, slowly drowning in vinegar."

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Thu May 28, 2020 6:25 am

"We are not seeking to entrap you, but the age of the Seidou is at the sunset, they may last fifty summers, a hundred, but they shall not rise to the greatness of the Empire. They have lost too many already," Nanzi said to her.

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Thu May 28, 2020 7:19 am

"Perhaps, but then, perhaps it is better to die with them than to kill them ourselves."

Her eyes are fierce and her posture turns stone hard.

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Thu May 28, 2020 7:20 am

"Nanzi prays you live a long fruitful life," he responded kindly.

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Thu May 28, 2020 7:23 am

She gives a genuine smile and nods her head.

"We shall see, no? Into hell we are going after all."

Doji Kaze

Post by Doji Kaze » Thu May 28, 2020 8:52 am

For the second time in three days, Kaze finds himself confused by the giant Seidou's seeming eagerness for a fight. But the moment passes and he begins to carve rabbit for those gathered.
* Crane Clan * ex-Chinsei * Very, Very Quiet * Reformed Wild Man of the Woods * In Love With Words *

Equipment: Yari, Nage-yari, Yumi, Ashiguru armor, some rope, a jade pendant, and a shovel.

Seidou Haruyo

Post by Seidou Haruyo » Thu May 28, 2020 9:10 am

"I will keep the interest you have for individuals to join you in mind, Nanzi," she said, in her turn. "Should there be those who confide in me desires to find a home like the one you speak of; you can be certain I shall insist they seek you out that you might convince them as you have convinced me of your worth."

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Thu May 28, 2020 9:14 am

“Nanzi is humbled, may you both find your truths. The Crane are honored to have received you both this day, feel free to stay for refreshments if you so wish. It is a matter of Courtesy that we treat all with respect, be it stranger or friend,” he said kindly.

Return to “The Camp”