Spider-Monkey (D5, EM)

Togashi Saruko

Re: Spider-Monkey (D5, EM)

Post by Togashi Saruko » Thu May 28, 2020 3:28 am

She considered it carefully. As well as the fact that Jigoku might already have been twisting Fu Leng's perception of things.

"I will say that neither of us can know truly what happened, as neither of us were there, but I will say that there are different perspectives in this matter. Hantei's perspective, and the perspective of the other siblings."
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Thu May 28, 2020 3:32 am

Reiko shook her head. "I can see it in how he acts. From the very moment I mentioned Fu Leng to him he was dismissive. He was unconcerned for his own brothers whereabouts. I cannot see faces well, but I can hear tones. Fu lengs words confirmed it to me. He was afraid, and was thrown away by his brother to fall so far from his brothers and sisters."

Reiko balled her fists.

"I have spoken with every other sibling, none of them saw Fu Leng fall with them. None of them knew what had happened until I revealed that he had fallen through into the realm of evil. All of them but one had tried to search for him. Please be careful my friend, Hantei is not as honest as he makes himself out to be."
Spider Clan * Temporary Clan Champion * Reiko family Daimyo * Former Isawa Tribe * Shugenja * Prophet * Bride of Fu Leng * Fire * Bad (blood?) Eyesight * Well Educated * Experienced * Kami Speak * profile
Equipment: Diviner sticks, Yari and Ashigaru armour(when allowed), Walking Stick (bo), Jade, writing tools

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Thu May 28, 2020 3:41 am

Saruko raised an eyebrow, though that was an expression lost on Reiko. She had heard the words of Togashi the day after Yuzuru had told the Kami of the ninth Kami that fell, as well as later. So to her, it seemed that Reiko might perhaps be blinded by her affections and a narrative she wished to support.

"I can't change your mind, Reiko, but I advise you to consider things carefully and not let emotions and love for Fu Leng cloud your judgement."
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Thu May 28, 2020 3:44 am

"I have, and will continue to" Reiko nodded "and I advise you to take care around him. My eyes my be nearly blind but my vision is clear. I do not wish to see anything stop this mission to save Fu Leng. Watch him, keep note of him and his actions. They are not as they would seem."
Spider Clan * Temporary Clan Champion * Reiko family Daimyo * Former Isawa Tribe * Shugenja * Prophet * Bride of Fu Leng * Fire * Bad (blood?) Eyesight * Well Educated * Experienced * Kami Speak * profile
Equipment: Diviner sticks, Yari and Ashigaru armour(when allowed), Walking Stick (bo), Jade, writing tools

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Thu May 28, 2020 3:48 am

You're not listening to what I'm saying.

She fought back a frown.

"This is not the time or place to sow division or suspicion, Reiko."

Theme 2Profile

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Thu May 28, 2020 3:55 am

Reiko closed her eyes, taking a calming breath.

"You're right that this is not the time nor place for this. My apology for this, although I do not detract my warning" Reiko opened her eyes "I accept that such things can wait."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Thu May 28, 2020 4:24 am

For the talk of unity in camp and from the Kami's followers, there were also lines being drawn in the sand, Saruko noted. They weren't obvious ones yet, but she could see them. It seemed such was human nature.

"Do you have siblings, Reiko?" she asked, seemingly changing the subject.

Theme 2Profile

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Fri May 29, 2020 3:59 am

The change of topic was noted, and Reiko frowned momentarily, before answering.

"I have twin older brothers, although I have spoken to neither for many years. They have remained with the Isawa tribe, not following me into the Spider. Do you?"

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Fri May 29, 2020 4:45 am

"No direct siblings as such for me, but I was always close with my cousins. You met cousin Karanoko I believe, during the tournament?" she smiled, and it could be heard in her voice. "I like to think we were as close as siblings very often. We'd fight, we'd make up, we'd get into arguments, and then we would be best friends again."

The memories brought a gentle laugh to her voice. "Was it like that too with you and your brothers?"

Theme 2Profile

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Fri May 29, 2020 4:52 am

"I actually spent very little time with my brothers, sadly. They were six years older than me, and learning their elemental affinities at the time I was born. By the time it came to me learning mine, the gift of prophecy had begun to show and my time was spent as much with the elders of the Isawa as it was with my own family. I didn't really have much of a childhood, but it was understandable. My first prophecy saved the Isawa tribe from a investigating storm that threatened to destroy a large amount of our tribe after all" Reiko sighed softly "it sounds like you had a very interesting childhood. The Isawa rarely spoke of any other tribe, so I don't know how things were outside of the walls or didn't before the stars fell."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Fri May 29, 2020 5:03 am

"I would say it was a lively childhood, but not particularly exciting or interesting by the measure of most folks. We were mostly safe in our valley, with few dangers, and the ones that would have been great dangers were foreseen by cousin Yuzuru who was blessed with the gift of foresight."

She shook her head, still smiling. "But, even if you never spoke much with your brothers, they are still family. The three of you are connected together, more than you might think. Even if you were estranged growing up, or are going different directions now. Remember too, that the Kami are siblings, which also comes with the ups and downs that being a family is."

Theme 2Profile

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Sun May 31, 2020 1:33 am

I see...

Reiko lowered her head respectfully to Saruko, keeping her smile polite.

"I remember Yuzuru-san well, and his visions have been a great blessing to the Empire. I'm sure he'll guide Shiba-dono well. As for your words, thank you. I'll keep them in mind."

There was a small pause befure she added "how is he taking his newfound fame and direction? Yuzuru-san I mean."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sun May 31, 2020 2:18 am

"Hmmm... I think he feels a bit overwhelmed, but, I know he's very happy at Shiba's side. And Shiba in turn is happy to have Yuzuru as his companion. All in all, I think for Yuzuru it's similar to how it is for most of us; we're learning and adapting to the changes in our lives."

It had been some time since she had seen Yuzuru in person, and their letter-exchanges were slow and a little awkward when one was blind.

"I look forward to seeing him again, after this."

Theme 2Profile

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:49 am

"I didn't get much chance to speak with him when I last visited Shiba-dono, but my stops have rarely been for more than a day due to how far I needed to go. I saw more of his guide than of him" Reiko said with a small chuckle, thinking of the fox that often was with Yuzuru "hopefully once this mission is finished I can actually see what the stars are building, assuming I will be able to see when this is all over."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:51 am

Saruko regarded Reiko with worry for a few silent moments. "...Is your sight growing worse?"

Theme 2Profile

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:56 am

"Yes" Reiko nodded "I...worry that by the time we have saved Fu Leng, I may not actually see him at all. I pray to the Fortunes to allow my eyesight to hold out just long enough that I can view him with my own eyes outside of the dream. It's a selfish prayer I know, but..." she trailed off, looking down at her hands. Taking a few moments before she quietly said "I'm allow to be selfish once in a while, right?"

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:01 am

Saruko sighed, looking upwards to the morning sky.

"It depends on the selfishness. We have to be some level of selfish, to care for ourselves and our immediate family, but the problem comes when one starts to become selfish for greater gains, that come at the cost of others and their wellbeing. Is your wish innately selfish? Yes, but it it's not a cruel one. But if you had to gain what you wish without caring about what it cost yourself and others, then it would be a cruel wish and selfish want."

She offered Reiko a smile. "It is natural to want, but it's harder to learn where to want only for what you truly need and not succumb to desire."

Theme 2Profile

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:40 am

"I am not a cruel person, so there is little chance of me being cruel in my wish. I have accepted that I will never view my children with my own eyes, nor see the clan that I've founded grow. I just simply hope for my last sight to be of him."

Reiko sighed softly.

"He is facing a literal realm of evil and my mind wanders to my own vision. How petty. Forgive me for my idle ramblings, it's just nice to be able to talk with someone."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:27 am

"See, this is what I mean by it being alright to be selfish from time to time," Saruko chuckled warmly. "You gotta take care of yourself too, because you can't help him if you're running yourself ragged."

Theme 2Profile

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:36 am

"I've made sure to get enough rest, don't you worry" Reiko said with a nod "I know my limits, even if I've come extremely close to crossing them on multiple occasions putting this mission together. I was curious to see who would follow the call, both from the people and the stars. Did your husband speak about attending this himself?"

Return to “The Camp”