[D5EE] Philosophy Talk - The Nature of Matter (OPEN)

Yogo

Re: [D5EE] Philosophy Talk - The Nature of Matter (OPEN)

Post by Yogo » Thu May 28, 2020 2:46 am

Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 1:39 am
She tilts her head at his comment and explains, "It is a... gruesome thing to describe, and I'm sure you'll see it too, as we march forward. That's why I prefer not to talk about it. Unless, of course, you're just being judgemental and consider I may be not speaking the truth. If this is the case, it is wise to apologize."

Kinsen smiles with closed while waiting for the reply.
"Doubt?" he shrugged, reaching to scratch his nose. "Not really. Just wondering why you'd bring the whole topic up if you didn't want to talk about it. I mean, wouldn't it serve us all to know what to expect?"
"Surely not." Chisei said, shaking his head. "If you would prefer not to speak of it, we will respect that, of course." He inclined his head to her.

Tilting his head, he regarded her curiously a few moments, and then he gave her a gentle smile. "Would you share some other thoughts with us, Kinsen-sama? An observation about the world, perhaps? Anything you would like." His tone was gentle, too.
As it happened, that 'we' did not include Yogo, though he did not bother correcting Chisei, figuring that he'd understand.
Unaliged • Shoji Tribe • Shugenja • Fire • Traveler
Description
Carries: Worn sword, satchel, knife.

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Thu May 28, 2020 4:23 am

Before she could reply Chisei regard sharing another thought, Yogo provides his point of view, and she takes a moment in silence to measure his words.

Then, she nods to confirm, "I am happy that you trust what I've said is true. You might seek others that know more than myself about the... ahm... nature of that matter. Togashi Saruko-sama, Jiyo Sora-san and the priest Hanzou-san, specially, might have better insights. I simply did what I had to do, as a warrior. That's my service."

Now, she takes time to reply to Chisei, "Are there matters that are better not be discussed?"
Stag Clan • Waifu • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Jade Nails • Golden Eyes • Noriaki Beast
DescriptionTheme • Reputation: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.0 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Bronze Sword, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Seppun Chisei

Post by Seppun Chisei » Thu May 28, 2020 6:02 am

Chisei listened, noting the names she spoke, a flicker of recognition at the first.

He cleared his throat. "We are bound by the rules of our shared society, of course. The exploration of ideas requires that everyone be able to express themselves, and while we might ask that someone try to push their boundaries, we cannot force it." He inclined his head. "So, within that, whatever you like." It seemed to be a very long way of saying 'so long as everyone's comfortable with it'.
Seppun * Former Isawa * Shugenja * Philosopher * Husbando
Carries: Scroll case, scrolls. Jade.

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Thu May 28, 2020 6:13 am

Kyosei was content to let the discussion pass from him. He wasn't sure, after all, if he could teach how to speak to the spirits without blood - it was just something he could do.

He listened to the words, and wondered. And decided, when he got the chance, to talk to Sora. Perhaps the man would have some knowledge for him.
Kyosei of the Isawa Tribe
Shugenja • Earth • Experienced • Jade

Glory 2 • Reputation 4 • Status 1
Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.
When out in the area outside the camps, Axe, shovel, bo staff.

Yogo

Post by Yogo » Thu May 28, 2020 2:00 pm

Seppun Chisei wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 6:02 am
Chisei listened, noting the names she spoke, a flicker of recognition at the first.

He cleared his throat. "We are bound by the rules of our shared society, of course. The exploration of ideas requires that everyone be able to express themselves, and while we might ask that someone try to push their boundaries, we cannot force it." He inclined his head. "So, within that, whatever you like." It seemed to be a very long way of saying 'so long as everyone's comfortable with it'.
"Um. What rules you might be referring to? And what is this society thing?" Yogo asked, his face straight. "What are you trying to say?" The young man wasn't stupid. No-one just had introduced him to philosophy yet.
Description

Seppun Chisei

Post by Seppun Chisei » Thu May 28, 2020 9:47 pm

Chisei looked at Yogo, frowning curiously. "Ummm. Society meaning our shared culture, with the Kami. Rules being what that society considers appropriate. Besides the obvious, like prohibition against murder, it also includes the proper ways to greet each other. And many other things, such as what Kinsen alluded to, with topics best avoided."

He tilted his head, regarding Yogo curiously. "You said you came from the Shoji? Have they joined the Kami?"
Seppun * Former Isawa * Shugenja * Philosopher * Husbando
Carries: Scroll case, scrolls. Jade.

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Fri May 29, 2020 6:47 am

Kinsen gets rather more curious, and holds her chin to listen more about the Shoji.
Stag Clan • Waifu • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Jade Nails • Golden Eyes • Noriaki Beast
DescriptionTheme • Reputation: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.0 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Bronze Sword, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Yogo

Post by Yogo » Fri May 29, 2020 1:04 pm

Seppun Chisei wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 9:47 pm
Chisei looked at Yogo, frowning curiously. "Ummm. Society meaning our shared culture, with the Kami. Rules being what that society considers appropriate. Besides the obvious, like prohibition against murder, it also includes the proper ways to greet each other. And many other things, such as what Kinsen alluded to, with topics best avoided."

He tilted his head, regarding Yogo curiously. "You said you came from the Shoji? Have they joined the Kami?"

"Um... yeah. I wouldn't know much about that." he admitted, smiling sheepishly, his hand moving to scratch his neck. "You know, back in our land we've barely heard about them. We heard that there was a tournament and yeah. That's pretty much what we heard. Well, besides Kami being pretty awesome. So I don't think we've joined anything really."
Description

Return to “The Camp”