[D5EE] Philosophy Talk - The Nature of Matter (OPEN)

Kyosei of the Isawa

Re: [D5EE] Philosophy Talk - The Nature of Matter (OPEN)

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Tue May 26, 2020 5:47 pm

"While I am not trained enough to see it clearly, somehow, I feel there is a flaw in your charms." Kyosei pulls out a small jade figure. It is carved into the shape of a bent finger, each joint carefully showing.
Kyosei of the Isawa Tribe
Shugenja • Earth • Experienced • Jade

Glory 2 • Reputation 4 • Status 1
Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.
When out in the area outside the camps, Axe, shovel, bo staff.

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue May 26, 2020 7:24 pm

"I am sure I've seen you before." Kinsen says, looking attentively to Kyosei. "What is this flaw you talk about, and how one can find jade to use as protection around here?"
Stag Clan • Waifu • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Jade Nails • Golden Eyes • Noriaki Beast
DescriptionTheme • Reputation: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.0 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Bronze Sword, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Tue May 26, 2020 7:28 pm

"I'm not sure what the flaw is, just that I feel it is there. Somewhere..." His brow furrows for a moment, then straightens. "Oh, I keep forgetting to introduce myself. I am Kyosei, of the Isawa tribe. And I don't know of any jade around here. I brought several pieces with me. A fair bit, actually. Also, I know how to create the green ray that acts like Jade; at least a bit. Think I've found a way to make more, at least temporarily, too..."

He shakes his head. "Sorry, been working on things for a few days. The only places I found jade were around Seppun hill, and a couple mines, mostly near that village we saw."

small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue May 26, 2020 7:35 pm

She widens her eyes, remembering how amazing it was, and nearly shouts. "It's YOU!"

Kinsen beams up, explaning, "I've saw Jin-sama shoot this incredible ray. Its green light flashed out magnificently forward. I would love to learn how to do that. So you're the one that taught him that super power."

She nods a couple of times, and raises an eyebrow, "By any chance, would you have spare pieces you could share with the Stag Clan? I am sure my husband would greatly appreciate such a favor. Myself specially so."
Stag Clan • Waifu • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Jade Nails • Golden Eyes • Noriaki Beast
DescriptionTheme • Reputation: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.0 • Infamy: 1.0

Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Bronze Sword, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
TN to be recognized is 0

Yogo

Post by Yogo » Tue May 26, 2020 7:53 pm

Kyosei of the Isawa wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 5:47 pm
"While I am not trained enough to see it clearly, somehow, I feel there is a flaw in your charms." Kyosei pulls out a small jade figure. It is carved into the shape of a bent finger, each joint carefully showing.
"How do you know that?" The young man asked, sounding somewhat upset. "As far as I can tell they are as good as your fiddly stone. I got here safe and sound just like you did." He saw no problems with that line of thought.
Unaliged • Shoji Tribe • Shugenja • Fire • Traveler
Description
Carries: Worn sword, satchel, knife.

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Tue May 26, 2020 7:58 pm

Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 7:35 pm
She widens her eyes, remembering how amazing it was, and nearly shouts. "It's YOU!"

Kinsen beams up, explaning, "I've saw Jin-sama shoot this incredible ray. Its green light flashed out magnificently forward. I would love to learn how to do that. So you're the one that taught him that super power."

She nods a couple of times, and raises an eyebrow, "By any chance, would you have spare pieces you could share with the Stag Clan? I am sure my husband would greatly appreciate such a favor. Myself specially so."
"Um, maybe? I might have a couple I could spare."
Yogo wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 7:53 pm

"How do you know that?" The young man asked, sounding somewhat upset. "As far as I can tell they are as good as your fiddly stone. I got here safe and sound just like you did." He saw no problems with that line of thought.
"As noted, I'm not sure. Something... something... spirits! Have you encountered any wandering spirits that might show it works, or not? What about spirits like the Yuki Onna? Um, do you know of the Yuki Onna?"

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue May 26, 2020 8:10 pm

Tue May 26, 2020 7:58 pm
"Um, maybe? I might have a couple I could spare."
Kinsen soothes inwardly with his words and nods thankfully. "I am grateful you would be so kind. I would be honored to return the favor."

TN to be recognized is 0

Yogo

Post by Yogo » Tue May 26, 2020 11:11 pm

Tue May 26, 2020 7:58 pm
"As noted, I'm not sure. Something... something... spirits! Have you encountered any wandering spirits that might show it works, or not? What about spirits like the Yuki Onna? Um, do you know of the Yuki Onna?"
"Maybe somehow." the younger man shrugged. "They've worked well enough so far." He was repeating himself, figuring that Kyosei hadn't quite understood him. "No, I have no. Which, I think proves they work!" The Shoji had their own way of thinking. "Where did you people find those green rocks?"
Description

Seppun Chisei

Post by Seppun Chisei » Wed May 27, 2020 12:51 am

"It can be found as many other sorts of stones can be found." Chisei put in with a frown. "There are mines for jade. I know the Seidou recently opened one. It may be that there is extra, somewhere."

Gently, he shook his head again. "I do not know if your charms have some protective properties. But I do not think they will work against the foul influence of the realm we approach. Just as I would not attempt to create a barrier of earth to stop it."
Seppun * Former Isawa * Shugenja * Philosopher * Husbando
Carries: Scroll case, scrolls. Jade.

Yogo

Post by Yogo » Wed May 27, 2020 1:37 am

Seppun Chisei wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 12:51 am
"It can be found as many other sorts of stones can be found." Chisei put in with a frown. "There are mines for jade. I know the Seidou recently opened one. It may be that there is extra, somewhere."

Gently, he shook his head again. "I do not know if your charms have some protective properties. But I do not think they will work against the foul influence of the realm we approach. Just as I would not attempt to create a barrier of earth to stop it."

"So, laying on the ground?" Yogo asked the Seppun, having seen most of the stones laying on the ground. "And what makes you say that? How do you know?" He had hard time understanding why people had such an issues with his trusty charms. "I'm here in one piece. What more evidence you need?"
Description

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Wed May 27, 2020 5:48 am

"Your charms, clever though they are, are only of a few elements, yes? The jade is, somehow, able to include all the elements in it. No, I do not know how, but it does. Which seems to have effects on spirits, including the Yuki Onna, and others. And others have suggested that it will also act upon the demons that we will potentially face."

Seppun Chisei

Post by Seppun Chisei » Wed May 27, 2020 12:07 pm

Yogo wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 1:37 am
"I'm here in one piece. What more evidence you need?"
"Jade does not protect against danger native to this realm." Chisei said. "It protects against corruption from the evil realm. You haven't faced that yet, have you?"

He brushed back a lock of hair from his forehead. "Unfortunately, neither have I. The Seidou may have; I wish my friend Xia was here." He sighed. "Otherwise, it is a theory based on the known properties of jade. A good one, I think." Chisei sighed again. "But as with so many things, we do not truly know."

Yogo

Post by Yogo » Wed May 27, 2020 5:32 pm

Wed May 27, 2020 5:48 am
"Your charms, clever though they are, are only of a few elements, yes? The jade is, somehow, able to include all the elements in it. No, I do not know how, but it does. Which seems to have effects on spirits, including the Yuki Onna, and others. And others have suggested that it will also act upon the demons that we will potentially face."
This got the young man's interest. "How do you know that?" he asked Kyosei. "I mean, not how but, how did you figure it out? The spirits of the stones aren't that talkative and well... it's not like you can find fire in stone unless it's really hot? Have these others faced demons before? I haven't seen one, only heard stories." Yogo wiggled his fingers in the air the same way parents might spook their children.

Seppun Chisei wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 12:07 pm
"Jade does not protect against danger native to this realm." Chisei said. "It protects against corruption from the evil realm. You haven't faced that yet, have you?"

He brushed back a lock of hair from his forehead. "Unfortunately, neither have I. The Seidou may have; I wish my friend Xia was here." He sighed. "Otherwise, it is a theory based on the known properties of jade. A good one, I think." Chisei sighed again. "But as with so many things, we do not truly know."

"And how do you know that? I mean, they've worked fine so far, so why should they stop working wherever we are going?" Yogo asked. "It's not like you know, is it?" His fingers touched his charms in an almost possessive manner.
Description

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Wed May 27, 2020 7:05 pm

"You are right. We don't know. Your charms may be perfect, and make you the most protected person here. Though, all the magic I know, save one, relies on blood being spilt, and I don't think there is any more blood in your charms. Unless they are better if bled on? That might work, I suppose..." Kyosei looks into the charms distractedly for a moment, then shakes his head.

"Stone, earth, it can be talked to. It is not easy, you must be very patient, but it can be done. In fact, the only magic I know that does not require blood allows me to speak to stone without using blood. But it is only a small magic, and takes great time."

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Wed May 27, 2020 8:03 pm

"I have faced the corruption of this evil realm earlier today." Kinsen explains, looking at them.

TN to be recognized is 0

Seppun Chisei

Post by Seppun Chisei » Wed May 27, 2020 8:23 pm

Chisei smiled. "Truly, there is very little that we know. Much of what we think of as fact is really just learned opinion. But strange as it sounds, death is a physical affliction, not a spiritual one. A charm to repel death, based on the principles you describe, would not protect from the corruption of another realm, unless there is more at work than we know."
Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 8:03 pm
"I have faced the corruption of this evil realm earlier today." Kinsen explains, looking at them.
Chisei looked at Kinsen, his eyebrows going up. "Truly? Would you tell us about them, Kinsen-sama?"

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Wed May 27, 2020 8:36 pm

"It... was a... cruel thing. I rather would not talk about, and spare you of it." She mentions, frowning a bit.

TN to be recognized is 0

Yogo

Post by Yogo » Thu May 28, 2020 1:27 am

Wed May 27, 2020 7:05 pm
"You are right. We don't know. Your charms may be perfect, and make you the most protected person here. Though, all the magic I know, save one, relies on blood being spilt, and I don't think there is any more blood in your charms. Unless they are better if bled on? That might work, I suppose..." Kyosei looks into the charms distractedly for a moment, then shakes his head.

"Stone, earth, it can be talked to. It is not easy, you must be very patient, but it can be done. In fact, the only magic I know that does not require blood allows me to speak to stone without using blood. But it is only a small magic, and takes great time."
"I guess you have never gutted a bird?" Yogo asked the Isawa, sounding surprised. "It's bloody business, I assure you. And I spilled my own as well, as is proper." Or so he had been taught. "But, as I said, I guess we'll see whose charms are the best? If the place where we are hiding is so dire."

"Hum. How do you do that?" He sounded rather curious - that is, until Kinsen mentioned encountering evil. "So... you encountered it, but you would rather not talk about. You know that makes it bit hard to weight your words?"
Description

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Thu May 28, 2020 1:39 am

She tilts her head at his comment and explains, "It is a... gruesome thing to describe, and I'm sure you'll see it too, as we march forward. That's why I prefer not to talk about it. Unless, of course, you're just being judgemental and consider I may be not speaking the truth. If this is the case, it is wise to apologize."

Kinsen smiles with closed while waiting for the reply.

TN to be recognized is 0

Seppun Chisei

Post by Seppun Chisei » Thu May 28, 2020 2:36 am

"Surely not." Chisei said, shaking his head. "If you would prefer not to speak of it, we will respect that, of course." He inclined his head to her.

Tilting his head, he regarded her curiously a few moments, and then he gave her a gentle smile. "Would you share some other thoughts with us, Kinsen-sama? An observation about the world, perhaps? Anything you would like." His tone was gentle, too.

Return to “The Camp”