[D5EE] Philosophy Talk - The Nature of Matter (OPEN)

Seppun Chisei

[D5EE] Philosophy Talk - The Nature of Matter (OPEN)

Post by Seppun Chisei » Mon May 25, 2020 9:07 pm

There were several campfires in the camp, all of them burning somewhat small and soggily. Chisei had cleared a bit of sitting space around one, leaving the ground at least comparatively clean and dry.

He sat next to it, waiting. Throughout the day, he'd put the word around camp that a proper discussion of philosophy, in the manner that the Isawa do, might make an enjoyable evening pastime. And that they might gather here, and discuss, and debate, and argue... hopefully not fight, although it did sometimes happen.

Looking at the fire, Chisei sighed. He wondered if anyone would show up...
Seppun * Former Isawa * Shugenja * Philosopher * Husbando
Carries: Scroll case, scrolls. Jade.

Hantei Kinsen

Re: [D5EE] Philosophy Talk - The Nature of Matter (OPEN)

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Mon May 25, 2020 9:39 pm

Kinsen joins up, more due the welcoming setup than to the objective it proposed. Well, there could be fight, right?

She brings some tea utensils she found at the cart, and leaves it within reach of the fire, kneeling down in seiza. Confortable near the fire and with blanket around her, she inhales and gives Chisei a proper bow. "Good evening, Chisei-san. I hope you had a decent meal today."
Stag Clan • Waifu • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Jade Nails • Golden Eyes • Noriaki Beast
DescriptionTheme • Reputation: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.0 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Bronze Sword, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Seppun Chisei

Post by Seppun Chisei » Mon May 25, 2020 10:45 pm

Chisei's eyebrows went up a little as Kinsen sat down. "Greetings, cousin." He said, using Dawei's mode of address. "I have, in fact, thank you. And yourself?" He returned her bow, if a little more awkwardly.

Tilting his head, he regarded her for a few moments before he spoke again. "Are you interested in a discussion on the nature of matter?" He asked. He wasn't sure what to expect. In truth, Kinsen... well, Chisei wouldn't say that she intimidated him... but it wasn't too far off.

Yogo

Post by Yogo » Mon May 25, 2020 10:46 pm

A rather shaggy figure arrived some time later. There was only so much you could do at the camp and since the weather was rather lousy, the young man figured that he might as well as kill time by discussing... whatever this Seppun guy wanted to discuss. If he had nothing to say, he could always listen. Maybe he had learnt a thing or two from Hantei, seeing how he was his follower.

Bobbing his head to everyone present, the young man sat on a small log, his bone charms rattling as he did so. "Evening. I hope I am not disturbing you two."
Unaliged • Shoji Tribe • Shugenja • Fire • Traveler
Description
Carries: Worn sword, satchel, knife.

Seppun Chisei

Post by Seppun Chisei » Mon May 25, 2020 11:11 pm

Smiling gently, Chisei inclined his head to the newcomer. "Not at all. We have not yet begun anything that might be interrupted. Please, join us." He gestured to a spot by the fire.

He gave a bit of a bow. "My name is Seppun Chisei. And this is Hantei Kinsen. Wife to the Kami Hantei." He waited, eyebrows raised expectantly.

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Mon May 25, 2020 11:22 pm

Seppun Chisei wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 10:45 pm
Chisei's eyebrows went up a little as Kinsen sat down. "Greetings, cousin." He said, using Dawei's mode of address. "I have, in fact, thank you. And yourself?" He returned her bow, if a little more awkwardly.

Tilting his head, he regarded her for a few moments before he spoke again. "Are you interested in a discussion on the nature of matter?" He asked. He wasn't sure what to expect. In truth, Kinsen... well, Chisei wouldn't say that she intimidated him... but it wasn't too far off.
"I have had a good meal, yes. Spicy porridge earlier on. Kept me warm for a bit longer than I expected." She smiles, trying to make Chisei more comfortable around her.

Then, she asks, a moment before Yogo arrived. "What matter?"
Yogo wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 10:46 pm
Bobbing his head to everyone present, the young man sat on a small log, his bone charms rattling as he did so. "Evening. I hope I am not disturbing you two."
Kinsen shakes her head negatively, in an welcoming gesture.
Seppun Chisei wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 11:11 pm
He gave a bit of a bow. "My name is Seppun Chisei. And this is Hantei Kinsen. Wife to the Kami Hantei." He waited, eyebrows raised expectantly.
The tall blonde bows to Yogo from her seated position and gets her eyes back at Chisei, anxious to know what kind of matter needed discussion.
Stag Clan • Waifu • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Jade Nails • Golden Eyes • Noriaki Beast
DescriptionTheme • Reputation: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.0 • Infamy: 1.0

Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Bronze Sword, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
TN to be recognized is 0

Yogo

Post by Yogo » Mon May 25, 2020 11:52 pm

Seppun Chisei wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 11:11 pm
Smiling gently, Chisei inclined his head to the newcomer. "Not at all. We have not yet begun anything that might be interrupted. Please, join us." He gestured to a spot by the fire.

"Very good." Yogo bobbed his head, unconscionably rubbing one of the bird skulls that hung around his neck. "They call me Yogo. I am of the Shoji." he replied. "Well met, Chisei and Kinsen." The news of the Kami might have reached the derelict woods the Shoji called their home, but the new customs had not. "An honor, no doubt." The young man turned to look at Kinsen, squinting his eyes to see if she happened to have any trace of divinity.
Description

Seppun Chisei

Post by Seppun Chisei » Tue May 26, 2020 12:02 am

"Nothing. Well, not..." Chisei gave a quick headshake to Kinsen, but then their attention was drawn by the newcomer.

"Welcome, Yogo of the Shoji." Chisei said, inclining his head again. "Have you come to discuss the nature of matter with us? I was hoping to have a few viewpoints present."

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue May 26, 2020 12:28 am

Kinsen blinks at the reply and the interchanging glances.

For Yogo, upon close inspection: Kinsen doesn't shine as her hursband does, but her golden eyes are surely colored in an odd fashion. Additionally, not only Hantei, but also Benten and Bishamon seem to have laid down their favors on her.

"Indeed, an honor, Yogo-san." She replies, squinting at being squinted at, and replies to Chisei, still aiming at Yogo with her eyes. "Which matter, specifically?"

TN to be recognized is 0

Yogo

Post by Yogo » Tue May 26, 2020 1:23 am

Seppun Chisei wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 12:02 am
"Welcome, Yogo of the Shoji." Chisei said, inclining his head again. "Have you come to discuss the nature of matter with us? I was hoping to have a few viewpoints present."
"Uh." the young man blinked. "I might be more familiar with the matters of nature." He smirked. "But I am willing to listen. I hear things are changing and I am curious."

Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 12:28 am
"Indeed, an honor, Yogo-san." She replies, squinting at being squinted at, and replies to Chisei, still aiming at Yogo with her eyes. "Which matter, specifically?"
"Ah, I wouldn't know. I thought he'd know." He pointed at Chisei. "He's the one talking about matter, no?"
Description

Seppun Chisei

Post by Seppun Chisei » Tue May 26, 2020 3:27 am

"Any." Chisei waved a hand. "All. It doesn't matter..." He cleared his throat, hoping the others would ignore his unintentional pun. "That is, while I've chosen a topic, I am certainly willing to let the opinions of others guide it."

He smiled at both of them, first Kinsen, then Yogo. "I thought we might talk about rocks, for instance. But we might talk about rivers instead." He grimaced, waving a hand in the air. "We could even discuss this damnable fog, although I fear that might be overly complex."

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue May 26, 2020 3:36 am

"Let's talk about jade. I'm very interested in that one. It is a rock, correct?" She brings the topic up. It was really bothering her, in any case.

TN to be recognized is 0

Seppun Chisei

Post by Seppun Chisei » Tue May 26, 2020 3:49 am

"It is a rock, yes." Chisei nodded evenly. "But I assume you bring it up because it is more than just a rock. You are interested in the spiritual protection that it offers?"

Yogo

Post by Yogo » Tue May 26, 2020 4:03 am

Seppun Chisei wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 3:27 am
He smiled at both of them, first Kinsen, then Yogo. "I thought we might talk about rocks, for instance. But we might talk about rivers instead." He grimaced, waving a hand in the air. "We could even discuss this damnable fog, although I fear that might be overly complex."
"Rocks are pretty dull. They have rarely anything to say." Yogo noted, his expression unchanged. "Rivers, well. River means a meal. Where you have river, you have fish."
Hantei Kinsen wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 3:36 am
"Let's talk about jade. I'm very interested in that one. It is a rock, correct?" She brings the topic up. It was really bothering her, in any case.
"So. Is there some truth about the green stones having some power?" he asked both of them.
Description

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Tue May 26, 2020 4:06 am

Another also sat by the fires. He did not seem to be paying much attention, but that would be unlikely. He had participated in discussions like this many times, but almost always as the student. For there was always more to learn. He had in his hands a large brown and green stone that he was slowly rubbing on with another stone, this one more pumice-like.

He knows somewhat about jade, but chooses to hear what others might know.
Kyosei of the Isawa Tribe
Shugenja • Earth • Experienced • Jade

Glory 2 • Reputation 4 • Status 1
Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.
When out in the area outside the camps, Axe, shovel, bo staff.

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue May 26, 2020 4:10 am

"I have been told by the Mother of Dragons that is an essential protection for the soul. Like armor for a bushi going to war." She nods. "And one of those tricky rat spirts-things told me they have power within them. It was actually trying to shoot a beam of light while pointing it into the darkness."

TN to be recognized is 0

Yogo

Post by Yogo » Tue May 26, 2020 4:47 am

"Well, I have my own protection." The young man ran his fingers through the charms dangling from his belt. "I also heard a rat-person talk about this green stone. It seemed pretty excited about it."
Description

Seppun Chisei

Post by Seppun Chisei » Tue May 26, 2020 8:45 am

"It... what?" Chisei said frowning. "Did it have reason to believe that it could shoot light?"

He cleared his throat. "But yes. The exact reason for jade's protective properties is unknown, at least among those I know. Some suspect that it originated with the heavens somehow. Regardless, it lends its holder some of its purity, and will absorb the negative influences of other realms for them.

He glanced at Yogo's charms with a frown. "What sort of protection, if I may ask?"

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Tue May 26, 2020 2:31 pm

Kyosei also looked at the little god's charms. His hand had also dipped down to one of the pouches on his side.
Kyosei of the Isawa Tribe
Shugenja • Earth • Experienced • Jade

Glory 2 • Reputation 4 • Status 1
Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.
When out in the area outside the camps, Axe, shovel, bo staff.

Yogo

Post by Yogo » Tue May 26, 2020 5:09 pm

Seppun Chisei wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 8:45 am
"It... what?" Chisei said frowning. "Did it have reason to believe that it could shoot light?"

He cleared his throat. "But yes. The exact reason for jade's protective properties is unknown, at least among those I know. Some suspect that it originated with the heavens somehow. Regardless, it lends its holder some of its purity, and will absorb the negative influences of other realms for them.

He glanced at Yogo's charms with a frown. "What sort of protection, if I may ask?"
"These things." The young man poked the skulls danging around his neck. "What is dead may never day." There was a ominous ring to his tone. "The death knows its own and steers away." The logic being that since he carried all sorts of 'dead' bits on his body, the old foul would not see him for the living being he was.
Description

Return to “The Camp”