[Day 5, Late Morning] Writing Home (Expecting)

Jiyo Sora

Re: [Day 5, Late Morning] Writing Home (Expecting)

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon May 25, 2020 8:12 pm

"Oh, these are for Shiba. I'm trying to keep him posted with our progress- again, that way if anything goes wrong, he knows what led up to it."

He appeared to think nothing of it.
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Anjing Xia

Post by Anjing Xia » Mon May 25, 2020 8:14 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 8:12 pm
"Oh, these are for Shiba. I'm trying to keep him posted with our progress- again, that way if anything goes wrong, he knows what led up to it."

He appeared to think nothing of it.
Faintly
"Oh, Shiba...the god? Emperor Shiba? Supremely wise in all things Shiba?"
Crab • Seidou • Niece of the Daimyo • Surprisingly Literate • A Little Awkward
• Here To Help • Front Line Combatant • Recorder Of History

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon May 25, 2020 8:17 pm

Anjing Xia wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 8:14 pm
Faintly
"Oh, Shiba...the god? Emperor Shiba? Supremely wise in all things Shiba?"
"My friend and boss Shiba, yes."

He quirked an eyebrow.

"How many people named Shiba are you aware of?"
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

Anjing Xia

Post by Anjing Xia » Mon May 25, 2020 8:20 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 8:17 pm

"My friend and boss Shiba, yes."

He quirked an eyebrow.

"How many people named Shiba are you aware of?"
"Oh...you know...there might have been another. I've never written to the emperor."
Still a little shocked
"Can you stay right here? I mean, move if you want Sora-sama....but please don't and stay right there. I'll go get the first chapters I've written."
She turns and sprints into the camp, dodging around anyone who didn't get out of her way in time
"Move please, please move. Urgent imperial business people, move OUT OF THE WAY."
And in a few moments she's gone.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon May 25, 2020 8:23 pm

Anjing Xia wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 8:20 pm
"Oh...you know...there might have been another. I've never written to the emperor."
Still a little shocked
"Can you stay right here? I mean, move if you want Sora-sama....but please don't and stay right there. I'll go get the first chapters I've written."
She turns and sprints into the camp, dodging around anyone who didn't get out of her way in time
"Move please, please move. Urgent imperial business people, move OUT OF THE WAY."
And in a few moments she's gone.
He chuckled and shook his head, and went back to writing his triplicate copies, now with a postscript.

He'd have to help her with matters of record, it seemed pretty clear, but that was all right.

Anjing Xia

Post by Anjing Xia » Mon May 25, 2020 8:27 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 8:23 pm
He chuckled and shook his head, and went back to writing his triplicate copies, now with a postscript.

He'd have to help her with matters of record, it seemed pretty clear, but that was all right.
Not that much later

"Sora-sama! Sora-sama!" Xia zooms back towards his tent, a large leather bag clutched to her chest "I have them here! I can even do some nice illustrations if you think his hi-" And the sprinting Anjing catches a foot on a tent line and goes flying into the mud, which is considerate enough to slide her most the rest of the way.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon May 25, 2020 8:30 pm

Anjing Xia wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 8:27 pm
Not that much later

"Sora-sama! Sora-sama!" Xia zooms back towards his tent, a large leather bag clutched to her chest "I have them here! I can even do some nice illustrations if you think his hi-" And the sprinting Anjing catches a foot on a tent line and goes flying into the mud, which is considerate enough to slide her most the rest of the way.
Sora sighed, got to his feet and held out a hand to help her up.

"One thing at a time, Xia. Are you all right?"

Anjing Xia

Post by Anjing Xia » Mon May 25, 2020 8:34 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 8:30 pm

Sora sighed, got to his feet and held out a hand to help her up.

"One thing at a time, Xia. Are you all right?"
There's a sucking sound as Sora helps remove her from the mud
"I'm fine! I landed on my body which broke most of the fall."
She's already checking over the bag to make sure its contents are safe, ignoring what looks like a swelling black eye
"I just got so worried that maybe you'd change your mind or it was all a joke or something......um, you didn't change your mind and this wasn't all a joke, right?"

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon May 25, 2020 8:41 pm

Anjing Xia wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 8:34 pm
There's a sucking sound as Sora helps remove her from the mud
"I'm fine! I landed on my body which broke most of the fall."
She's already checking over the bag to make sure its contents are safe, ignoring what looks like a swelling black eye
"I just got so worried that maybe you'd change your mind or it was all a joke or something......um, you didn't change your mind and this wasn't all a joke, right?"
His tone was perhaps the only dry thing in the immediate area.

"I don't generally joke about Shiba, and I have no reason to change my mind."

He pointedly ignored her apparent black eye, since he wasn't about to distract her from her purpose at this juncture.

"Do you have time to make multiple copies? I'm sending three copies of my letter, to make sure they get through. I can probably scrounge up some more vellum if you need it, but you should keep a copy for yourself as well- you can refer back to it for things you might have missed, and keep it all together. Or would you rather write an abridged version for this purpose?"

Anjing Xia

Post by Anjing Xia » Mon May 25, 2020 8:43 pm

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 8:41 pm
His tone was perhaps the only dry thing in the immediate area.

"I don't generally joke about Shiba, and I have no reason to change my mind."

He pointedly ignored her apparent black eye, since he wasn't about to distract her from her purpose at this juncture.

"Do you have time to make multiple copies? I'm sending three copies of my letter, to make sure they get through. I can probably scrounge up some more vellum if you need it, but you should keep a copy for yourself as well- you can refer back to it for things you might have missed, and keep it all together. Or would you rather write an abridged version for this purpose?"
"I'll have to work fast, but I'm not letting this opportunity get away."
She rolls and stretches her wrist dramatically
"It won't be the first time I've copied the same document multiple times in the hopes it would be read, and it won't be the last."
in a slightly lower voice "But if you could scrounge up that vellum that would help immensely Sora-sama."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon May 25, 2020 8:48 pm

Anjing Xia wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 8:43 pm
"I'll have to work fast, but I'm not letting this opportunity get away."
She rolls and stretches her wrist dramatically
"It won't be the first time I've copied the same document multiple times in the hopes it would be read, and it won't be the last."
in a slightly lower voice "But if you could scrounge up that vellum that would help immensely Sora-sama."
"By all means."

He ducked into the tent and rooted around in his personal effects, emerging with a rather mixed handful.

"Pace yourself, Xia. It's not a race."

Anjing Xia

Post by Anjing Xia » Tue May 26, 2020 5:57 am

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 8:48 pm

"By all means."

He ducked into the tent and rooted around in his personal effects, emerging with a rather mixed handful.

"Pace yourself, Xia. It's not a race."
"Of course not Sora-sama, the work just has to be absolutely perfect, it's going to the emperor afterall."
Producing some ink and a brush the young Anjing starts slowly copying her writing with the most ornate style she can imagine, her face a furious squint of concentration as she chews on her tongue.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue May 26, 2020 6:13 am

Anjing Xia wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 5:57 am
"Of course not Sora-sama, the work just has to be absolutely perfect, it's going to the emperor afterall."
Producing some ink and a brush the young Anjing starts slowly copying her writing with the most ornate style she can imagine, her face a furious squint of concentration as she chews on her tongue.
"If he can put up with my scrawls, I would say that perfection is not required. But that's my opinion, and you shouldn't let it dissuade you."

Anjing Xia

Post by Anjing Xia » Tue May 26, 2020 6:17 am

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 6:13 am
"If he can put up with my scrawls, I would say that perfection is not required. But that's my opinion, and you shouldn't let it dissuade you."
"I'm sure you work is wonderful Sora-sama." sloooowly tracing the character, then again, then a third time
"Besides, you have more important duties likes....um, Sora-sama, what are you official duties?"

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue May 26, 2020 6:26 am

Anjing Xia wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 6:17 am
"I'm sure you work is wonderful Sora-sama." sloooowly tracing the character, then again, then a third time
"Besides, you have more important duties likes....um, Sora-sama, what are you official duties?"
"I look after the children of the Imperial Household."

A thin smile.

"So yes, handwriting isn't quite the priority it could be."

Anjing Xia

Post by Anjing Xia » Tue May 26, 2020 6:28 am

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 6:26 am

"I look after the children of the Imperial Household."

A thin smile.

"So yes, handwriting isn't quite the priority it could be."
"Oh that must be difficult! Have they developed their inhuman strength and durability yet? The twins are driving Anjing up the wall back home."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue May 26, 2020 6:32 am

Anjing Xia wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 6:28 am
"Oh that must be difficult! Have they developed their inhuman strength and durability yet? The twins are driving Anjing up the wall back home."
"If they have, they know to play nicely with one another. It helps that the kids are a mixed lot- some are partially divine, some are not. So they're learning... synthesis."

He smiled.

"And of course, Shiba is known more for his thoughtfulness than for his ability to crush stones in his bare hands, so..."

Anjing Xia

Post by Anjing Xia » Tue May 26, 2020 6:35 am

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 6:32 am

"If they have, they know to play nicely with one another. It helps that the kids are a mixed lot- some are partially divine, some are not. So they're learning... synthesis."

He smiled.

"And of course, Shiba is known more for his thoughtfulness than for his ability to crush stones in his bare hands, so..."
"Oh the divine emperor is ever so wise and all knowing." guiltily "Not that being able to crush stones with your bare hands is a bad thing. I wish I could."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue May 26, 2020 6:37 am

Anjing Xia wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 6:35 am
"Oh the divine emperor is ever so wise and all knowing." guiltily "Not that being able to crush stones with your bare hands is a bad thing. I wish I could."
"I wouldn't say all-knowing, although I imagine he'd like to be."

A chuckle.

"He's got a lot of the same curiosity Bayushi sometimes has, he just expresses it differently. You're not curious if you think you know everything."

Anjing Xia

Post by Anjing Xia » Tue May 26, 2020 6:45 am

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 6:37 am

"I wouldn't say all-knowing, although I imagine he'd like to be."

A chuckle.

"He's got a lot of the same curiosity Bayushi sometimes has, he just expresses it differently. You're not curious if you think you know everything."
"What's he interested in? If you're allowed to tell me. I thought the gods knew everything already?"

Return to “The Camp”