[Day 5, Early Morning] Rats in a Swamp

Jiyo Sora

Re: [Day 5, Early Morning] Rats in a Swamp

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue May 26, 2020 9:19 am

"Oh, death was a mercy compared to the alternative I saw. Besides, we all die eventually."
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Ch’chit T’kkiri

Post by Ch’chit T’kkiri » Tue May 26, 2020 9:23 am

“Weak-things with no Name turn to enemy. Big-horned-slaves all that. Hairless-ones maybe go madness too. Brave-Warriors-Who-Remember no go madness. Name too strong.”
Ratling | Never Lost | Disturbing Countenance | Painful Bite | Fearless | Favorite Pup
Niche: 4.5 | Chieftain Class
Description
Possessions: Spiked Big Stick (Tetsubo), Yumi, Sturdy Clothes, Light Armor, Traveling Pack

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue May 26, 2020 9:27 am

Sora arched an eyebrow at that.

"That... is quite something. Have you spoken to Shinsei? Human who wears a hood all the time, has a bird with him. I think he would find it interesting."
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

Ch’chit T’kkiri

Post by Ch’chit T’kkiri » Tue May 26, 2020 9:30 am

“Too many hairless-ones. No meet many. I show way. You all follow. Purple-Grass-Smell-Lady only one I need talk to. Crow food store.”
Ratling | Never Lost | Disturbing Countenance | Painful Bite | Fearless | Favorite Pup
Description
Possessions: Spiked Big Stick (Tetsubo), Yumi, Sturdy Clothes, Light Armor, Traveling Pack

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue May 26, 2020 9:34 am

"Well, I am Sora of the Jiyo family, and... I'm glad to have met a second Nezumi. Would you be displeased if I told Shinsei about the strength of yoru Name protecting you from the madness?"

Ch’chit T’kkiri

Post by Ch’chit T’kkiri » Tue May 26, 2020 9:38 am

“Tell all. Brave-Warriors-Who-Remember always fight-fight evil. You go evil. I kill you. Do no worry.”

He pointed to himself, “mrt Ch’chit T’kkiri. Strong name. Brave-Warrior-of-Black-Moon-go-down.”
Description

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue May 26, 2020 9:45 am

At the promise of death if he went bad, Sora nodded.

"Thank you."

He tried the sounds, but the human jaw and palate were ill-suited to it.

"Mert... no, damn it, that's wrong... mrt Ch'chit... T'kiri"

He scowled.

"Still wrong. My apologies for the difficulties with your name. I will work on it."

Ch’chit T’kkiri

Post by Ch’chit T’kkiri » Tue May 26, 2020 9:50 am

mrt not Name... mrt... deeper. Name is Ch’chit T’kkiri. Hairless-ones no can speak-speak pretty. Weak mouth. Not your fault.”
Description

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue May 26, 2020 9:57 am

"I appreciate your understanding. I will still try to improve. Ch'chit T'kkiri."

Ch’chit T’kkiri

Post by Ch’chit T’kkiri » Tue May 26, 2020 11:59 am

“You fail. Hairless-one only try small. Try small, succeed small.”
Description

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue May 26, 2020 12:11 pm

"Is that a challenge, Ch'chit T'kkiri?"

Ch’chit T’kkiri

Post by Ch’chit T’kkiri » Tue May 26, 2020 12:13 pm

He shook his head, “Fact-fact.”
Description

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue May 26, 2020 12:17 pm

"Well, trying big takes time for us."

He cocked his head to the side.

"But I suppose we'll see, won't we?"

Ch’chit T’kkiri

Post by Ch’chit T’kkiri » Tue May 26, 2020 12:22 pm

“Time no wait. Soon be Tomorrow.” He replied as he dug his claws in the wet soil passively.

“Only things-to-be-remembered last to Tomorrow. Earth change. Name change. Brave-Warrior change and pup take place. Small try no leave good memory.”
Description

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue May 26, 2020 12:27 pm

The nuance was lost on him, since he'd never really had a long enough conversation for Tomorrow to come up.

"Well, since I can sometimes see tomorrow, it doesn't scare me very much, Ch'chit T'kkiri.."

Ch’chit T’kkiri

Post by Ch’chit T’kkiri » Tue May 26, 2020 12:33 pm

“Tomorrow no care if scared. Tomorrow comes. Some tomorrow’s should be scared of. Scared keep you running to next-night.”

“You see you turn to enemy and no scared? You dumber than Seidou-pig-maters. Or... ig... not-knowing-nothing. Like baby pink-skin... Not know when not to fight battle you for sure lose.”
Description

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue May 26, 2020 12:37 pm

"There is fear, and there's letting fear control you. I came here to do a job. Maybe I die. That would be unfortunate. Maybe I turn into a bloodthirsty madman, killing all I see until I get cut down. That would be worse. But to turn around and run away, leaving my friends- my pack? I can't do that."

Ch’chit T’kkiri

Post by Ch’chit T’kkiri » Tue May 26, 2020 12:48 pm

“If pack all die for stupid fallen-rock-man... No more pack. Better to be wise and tell pack to run. Be... leader.”

He replied, “Sacrifice pack for one lost warrior bring bad Name. Fallen-rock-Man also bad Name... make pack die for help him. Help-help stupid plan. Hairless-ones need be smart or all be... ‘blood-thirst Mad-hairless-ones’.”
Description

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue May 26, 2020 12:50 pm

"The... 'Fallen-rock-man...' If we don't get him out? Tomorrow comes sooner for all of us. But I have, actually, suggested to Shinsei that we send people back as we get closer. Fewer of us will be lost that way, and the ones we send back can tell the others what they encountered."

Ch’chit T’kkiri

Post by Ch’chit T’kkiri » Tue May 26, 2020 12:57 pm

“Name stronger than Tomorrow. Tomorrow come when come. Build Name. Outrun Tomorrow. Fallen-rock-Man no matter. Close pit. Only way sickness stop. Close pit. You hairless-ones no do that... This plan dumber than Seidou-pig-maters.”
Description

Return to “The Camp”