[Day 3, Late Morning] The Exercise of Vital Powers (Expecting)

Jiyo Sora

Re: [Day 3, Late Morning] The Exercise of Vital Powers (Expecting)

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue May 26, 2020 9:05 am

"Oh, we have a few. A few."

He chuckled.

"Some of us who were... concerned about the Kami's rule still keep in touch. And I bring those concerns before Shiba, so he at least knows of them."
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Wu

Post by Wu » Wed May 27, 2020 2:57 am

''All things has it's shadow'' he mused ''It is a good thing the Emperor is willing to listen.''

He took up his spear

''For the meanwhile, care to try my Ryu-Yari?''
Dragon Clan - Daimyo of the Wu - Black sheep of the Isawa tribe - Bushi - Spearman - Sage - Enlightened - Experienced
Equipment : In town: Ryu-yari, sturdy clothing. Outside : bronze and leather armor, Ryu-yari, Nage-Yari, Yumi

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed May 27, 2020 3:33 am

"Oh, if you wouldn't mind, I'm quite curious about how it handles."

He'd always had a knack for weapons, and after getting a basic feel for its weight and balance, he got a little distance and put it through its paces.

"Not bad, not bad! Great range of possibilities here..."
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

Wu

Post by Wu » Wed May 27, 2020 3:51 am

''My school is based on the use of the dragon spear and it's mastery in all situation. I balanced the weapon so you could maximize its range but still be able to fight with a short haft.''

He mused for a moment

''I am sure you could manage some of the techniques with your dagger-axe"
Dragon Clan - Daimyo of the Wu - Black sheep of the Isawa tribe - Bushi - Spearman - Sage - Enlightened - Experienced
Equipment : In town: Ryu-yari, sturdy clothing. Outside : bronze and leather armor, Ryu-yari, Nage-Yari, Yumi

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed May 27, 2020 3:53 am

"Hmmm..."

He tried a few of his slashing polearm forms with the spear.

"Good potential here, some possibilities... I'll have to get one of these made when we get back."

Wu

Post by Wu » Wed May 27, 2020 3:55 am

Wu smirked

''So far these are made for my students...but I could make an exeption and forge you one. That would give you a reason to visit us''

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed May 27, 2020 4:02 am

"If nothing else, I need to visit to make Saruko pay for telling tales."

He gave an evil grin.

"Subtlety is not one of her strong suits."

Wu

Post by Wu » Wed May 27, 2020 5:20 am

Wu could not help but roll his eyes

''What did she do this time?''

He seemed ready to be exasperated

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed May 27, 2020 9:24 am

"Oh, you haven't heard? I'm just an absolute sweetheart and some woman- or man, I think she's not quite aware that I'm not interested in men in that particular way- should give me a go."

He chuckled.

"Not that she exactly signed that particular rumor, but between the conversation we had back in the city and the tenor of the rumor..."

Wu

Post by Wu » Wed May 27, 2020 9:28 am

Wu brought his palm to his head

''She...she is fond of rumors and gossips. Please forgive any trouble that might have caused.''

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed May 27, 2020 9:33 am

"Eh, it's nicer than most things that get said about me."

He chuckled again.

"But I'll get my revenge. Next time she visits, the kids will have some new nicknames for her."

Wu

Post by Wu » Wed May 27, 2020 9:36 am

''Oh?'' the word hinted towards curiosity ''Is there a prank feud I should be wary of?''

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed May 27, 2020 9:38 am

"No, no. Not yet. I try not to get into actual prank wars with former Ayakashi, they have a lot more practice than I do."

Besides which, he knew that Han-Han saw all.

"But... gentle correctives? Some needling in return? That, I admit to indulging in..."

Wu

Post by Wu » Thu May 28, 2020 2:56 am

''The Ayakashi are fond of pranks...I learned that for myself quickly.'' he had to recall the first few weeks where a half of that tribe suddenly appeared one morning near Lord Togashi's residence.

He could swear he saw a twitch of exasperation in the Kami's otherwise serene expression. Even if you expect something does not mean you are fully ready for it.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu May 28, 2020 2:58 am

"Well, best you get used to it, Saruko's not likely to change in that respect- and in truth, I wouldn't want her to."

Wu

Post by Wu » Thu May 28, 2020 3:00 am

In this instance there was the rare case of a mortal man pitying a god.

''Shirayuki is...something allright. Well meaning, in any case.''

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu May 28, 2020 3:01 am

"Anyone who could get to Togashi as she did? Not to be underestimated."

Wu

Post by Wu » Thu May 28, 2020 3:06 am

The heart as reasons only the heart knows

He sighed

''Where you here to practice'' he asked as a change of subject

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Thu May 28, 2020 3:20 am

"I was. It seems to me that there's likely to be violence ahead of us. Never hurts to be ready for it."

Wu

Post by Wu » Thu May 28, 2020 3:43 am

''Allow me, then, the priviledge to spar with you'' he said with a bow

Return to “The Forest”