[D3: LM: Open] Sticks and stones

Inga

[D3: LM: Open] Sticks and stones

Post by Inga » Sat May 23, 2020 6:59 am

Each location has it spirit and Inga knows this. The young bushi checked the ground for stones and sticks that would fall under the category that she needs. "Which one do you like?" She spoke to no one in particular. "You want leaves as well... You are very picky." She shook her head.
♧Shoji tribe ♧Bushi ♧Unlucky ♧Daredevil ♧Superstitious ♧Fortune Teller ♧Haunted ♧ Very Unfortunate
♧Glory: 1 ♧Reputation: Untrustworthy ♧Status:1

Equipment: Bow, quiver, Light armor, Finger of Jade, Tanto,

Taochusu

Re: [D3: LM: Open] Sticks and stones

Post by Taochusu » Sat May 23, 2020 8:07 am

Not too far away the sound of someone walking the forest became apparent as the big man approaches. "I seen you while we were walking from the city. You know, walking off alone in the woods is usually not a good idea unless you have to. Never know what's out here."
Wanderer • Large

Carries: light armor, dai tsuchi, guqin, yumi & arrows, small knife, hatchet, jade finger

Inga

Post by Inga » Sat May 23, 2020 9:26 am

Inga blinked a few times. "Are we ever alone?" The girl to a breath. "I needed to gather some stuff and nothing that this is a different forest from the Sedou lands I wondered if I could find what I need." He would note that the girl is well armed with bow, quiver and knife beside other trinkets she carries.
♧Shoji tribe ♧Bushi ♧Unlucky ♧Daredevil ♧Superstitious ♧Fortune Teller ♧Haunted ♧ Very Unfortunate

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Sat May 23, 2020 9:31 am

"I mean, if there's nobody with you, sure you are," he replies. "But if you can travel with someone that can watch for danger while you work it's much safer. More than a few of my scars are because I was alone with nobody to see the animals that surprised me."

"So, what are you looking for? Maybe I can help?"
Wanderer • Large

Carries: light armor, dai tsuchi, guqin, yumi & arrows, small knife, hatchet, jade finger

Inga

Post by Inga » Sat May 23, 2020 8:24 pm

"The more the merrier, right?" Inga nodded. "As for what I am looking for... sticks and stones and if I am lucky bones." The girl looked over at the big man. "But I is not a simple rock or a simple stick... I am looking for one that has the right stuff and its own spirit."

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Sat May 23, 2020 8:55 pm

"It's own spirit? I thought spirits were bad. They haunt and scare people don't they? My family use to tell stories about them like they were something you should avoid."
Wanderer • Large

Inga

Post by Inga » Sat May 23, 2020 11:00 pm

"There are good spirits and bad spirits. The spirits that help me choose a path with my divination I consider them good." She looked at a tree. "Sometimes, I can interpret things they tell me wrong but that is not their fault." The girl decided to sit and look around the earth.

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Sat May 23, 2020 11:04 pm

"So you use sticks and stones to decide what to do? I mean, I guess I do too in a way. I follow game trails and you do that by tracking them. Broken sticks and disturbed stones are proof that something passed through."
Wanderer • Large

Inga

Post by Inga » Sun May 24, 2020 8:41 am

She took something out from her bag and placed it on the floor. It was a cloth with different symbols and a group of what Taochusu might think as plain sticks, stones and shells. Taking a closer look there were also bones. "I use both... tracking methods and divination to see far beyond."

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Sun May 24, 2020 10:10 pm

"So it shows you stuff?" When he notices the bones. "Oh! You mean reading the bones. Our tribe had an old guy that did that before everyone died. I figured it didn't really work since he never gave us warning about the illness... and everyone died but me."
Wanderer • Large

Inga

Post by Inga » Tue May 26, 2020 9:21 pm

"Yes..." She pursed her lips. "Not all futures can be seen. Sometimes there are things that people think impossible." Inga explained.

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Tue May 26, 2020 11:18 pm

"It's a strange thing to me. Never really understood it. The old man seemed to be able to help a lot before the end. But it's something that was beyond me."
Wanderer • Large

Inga

Post by Inga » Tue May 26, 2020 11:41 pm

"Well, Baba Nana always said spirits work in mysterious ways. Only those who listen carefully may be able to understand." Inga tried to imitate the old forest hag.

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Tue May 26, 2020 11:48 pm

"I'd guess you need to be able to hear them in the first place to even listen."
Wanderer • Large

Inga

Post by Inga » Wed May 27, 2020 12:00 am

Inga chuckled. "You don't need to be able to hear them to be able to listen... It is weird... because one just need to be able to interpret the signs... I am not a spirit talker but I can see some signs." The girl shrugged. "I don't know if you understand."

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Wed May 27, 2020 12:16 am

"Not really. But I never learned anything by thinking I couldn't learn it," he said. "Gotta have an open mind to get better at stuff. If you don't hear them, how do they talk to you?"
Wanderer • Large

Inga

Post by Inga » Wed May 27, 2020 12:43 am

Inga gave it a thought. "Have you seen the girl that doesn't speak. Her sister used some kind of signals to tell us what she wants." Inga hopes he has seen that pair around the camp.

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Wed May 27, 2020 12:49 am

"Yeah, I met her in the village," he confirms.
Wanderer • Large

Inga

Post by Inga » Wed May 27, 2020 12:55 am

"That is how spirits communicate to those who can't hear them. They use signs. To us that study divination methods we give a means for spirits to communicate. But if one doesn't know how to interpret the signs not always the way they want."

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Wed May 27, 2020 12:58 am

"So they make their signs with bones and sticks then?" he asks. "Makes some sense. Animals leave signs to communicate too, letting other animals know where their territory is. Not always intentional, but sometimes it is."
Wanderer • Large

Return to “The Forest”