Triage (D3, LA, Open)

Wu

Re: Triage (D3, LA, Open)

Post by Wu » Sun May 24, 2020 7:53 am

Wu nodded

''I see...banditery by necessity.'' he looked down at the other bandit ''If they are willing to amend their ways perhaps we can find a place to settle them once this is over.''
Dragon Clan - Daimyo of the Wu - Black sheep of the Isawa tribe - Bushi - Spearman - Sage - Enlightened - Experienced
Equipment : In town: Ryu-yari, sturdy clothing. Outside : bronze and leather armor, Ryu-yari, Nage-Yari, Yumi

Doji Kaze

Post by Doji Kaze » Sun May 24, 2020 8:01 am

Jin wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 5:24 am
"It is no imposition, we are all in this endeavor together. The man I save today may save another tomorrow who may yet save me a week from now. Plus it is simply the right thing to do." He smiles, "I am called Jin."
Kaze rose to his feet. "Doji Kaze of the Crane clan. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Jin-san."
* Crane Clan * ex-Chinsei * Very, Very Quiet * Reformed Wild Man of the Woods * In Love With Words *

Equipment: Yari, Nage-yari, Yumi, Ashiguru armor, some rope, a jade pendant, and a shovel.

Togashi Nadare

Post by Togashi Nadare » Sun May 24, 2020 8:03 am

Noriaki no Yamadono wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 7:43 am
The Last of the Noriaki grunted as he pulled the last of an arrow out of his side, putting a hand on the bleeding.
Nadare gestured to the imposing man. "May I see that arrowhead? Perhaps you would care for some assistance with your wounds?" He smiled and gestured to the medical accoutrements.
Dragon ClanEarthTattooed • Herbalist • Sane • Enlightened
Samurai Without Borders (Co-founder)
Tattoos: Lion (Chest); Balance (Back)
Equipment: Yumi, knife, sturdy clothing, travel pack.

Noriaki no Yamadono

Post by Noriaki no Yamadono » Sun May 24, 2020 8:38 am

Togashi Nadare wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 8:03 am
Sun May 24, 2020 7:43 am
The Last of the Noriaki grunted as he pulled the last of an arrow out of his side, putting a hand on the bleeding.
Nadare gestured to the imposing man. "May I see that arrowhead? Perhaps you would care for some assistance with your wounds?" He smiled and gestured to the medical accoutrements.
He nodded. It was apparent that several arrows had bitten into him over the course of the fight. He handed the broken arrow over to the tattooed healer.

"That would be most kind."
Spider Clan | Bushi | Large AF | Blessed by Bishamon and Earth
Carries: Bronze Tetsubo | Fur lined hat and cloak | Bronze Sword | Travelling Pack | Shakuhachi
Accompanied by: Matsu

Seppun Chisei

Post by Seppun Chisei » Sun May 24, 2020 8:50 am

A dedicated spot where both wounded and healers could gather was something Chisei was very familiar with. He arrived, striding at a brisk pace, his expression serious.

Glancing around, eyes narrowed, he settled on Jin, noting the other man's bundle of scrolls. "Excuse me." He said. "May I assist? I am Seppun Chisei, trained by the Isawa in healing arts."

He looked curiously at Yamadono. "What happened, anyway?"
Seppun * Former Isawa * Shugenja * Philosopher * Husbando
Carries: Scroll case, scrolls. Jade.

Togashi Nadare

Post by Togashi Nadare » Sun May 24, 2020 8:59 am

"Togashi Nadare, it is a pleasure to help." He took a close look at the arrowheads and then inspected the wounds. Fortunately they did not seem to have pierced anything important.

"Please, would you mind lying down?" Nadare unfurled a blanket. "I have just the thing to ease your pain and heal the worst of these wounds." He pulled out some needles and thread along with a bottle of some sort of liquid.

"You may feel some small discomfort. Less though than you have already suffered." As the Dragon worked his medical 'magic' it proved remarkably effective...

Day 3. LA. Triage. Medicine roll for Noriaki no Yamadono. 2CR for extra dice. TN25: 7d10o10k4 47

Success!

Day 3. LA. Triage. Normal healing.: 3d10o10k1 25

:shock: Holy 25 wounds healed Batman!

Ko

Post by Ko » Sun May 24, 2020 9:32 am

Wu wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 7:53 am
Wu nodded

''I see...banditery by necessity.'' he looked down at the other bandit ''If they are willing to amend their ways perhaps we can find a place to settle them once this is over.''
"Not just necessity." Ko's tone was grim, and she frowned at the archer whose arm Miune was busy splinting. "The way he spoke says they never considered any other kind of living."

She'd sat herself down out of the way of the healers, and was now cleaning the last of the blood and... stuff... from the oiled surface of her square-edged war club, first with a handful of dried leaves and then with a rag of worn cloth. She ran her fingertips over every inch, checking for cracks and splinters.
Doji Kaze wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 8:01 am
Jin wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 5:24 am
"It is no imposition, we are all in this endeavor together. The man I save today may save another tomorrow who may yet save me a week from now. Plus it is simply the right thing to do." He smiles, "I am called Jin."
Kaze rose to his feet. "Doji Kaze of the Crane clan. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Jin-san."
Ko watched Jin work on Kaze with some fascination, even with one eye on the bandit archer. Her tribe had one (extremely aged) shaman, and Great-Grand-Aunt was rarely called on for feats like that.

"You look much better, Doji Kaze." She smiles. "You made us worry for a while."
Shore People ✖ 'Bushi? That sounds right' ✖ Stone-tool-user ✖ Awkward ✖ On A Quest
Status: 1.0 ✖ Glory: 1.0 ✖ Reputation: Bad, real bad ✖ Character description

Wears: Simple clothing, pearl and coral jewelry, copper coin bracelet; light armor when expecting danger.
Carries: Walking staff or yumi (or both); knives; jade, pack with misc fishing & survival tools and small daily items. Warclub (tetsubo) when needed.

Jin

Post by Jin » Sun May 24, 2020 10:34 am

Seppun Chisei wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 8:50 am
A dedicated spot where both wounded and healers could gather was something Chisei was very familiar with. He arrived, striding at a brisk pace, his expression serious.

Glancing around, eyes narrowed, he settled on Jin, noting the other man's bundle of scrolls. "Excuse me." He said. "May I assist? I am Seppun Chisei, trained by the Isawa in healing arts."

He looked curiously at Yamadono. "What happened, anyway?"
Jin nods, "I am called Jin. I am sure anyone in need would accept your assistance. More hands make for lighter work. Seems like there was a bandit attack."
Ki-Rin • Jin Family Daimyo • Experienced • Shugenja • Healer • Martyr • Cartographer • Missing Eye • Missing Hand • Jade

Carries: Ashigaru armor, robes, tanto, medicine kit, bundle of scrolls and maps, finger of jade.

Description

Seppun Chisei

Post by Seppun Chisei » Sun May 24, 2020 12:01 pm

"Bandits? Out here?" Chisei frowned. "I wonder if the Seidou know anything of them. Or the Nezumi."

He inclined his head to Jin. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Jin. I would ask you with whom you trained, but perhaps later." He smiled at Yamadono and Nadare. "Although it look as though the immediate danger has passed. I should not be surprised that Reiko has found some of the best minds for this expedition."

Doji Kaze

Post by Doji Kaze » Sun May 24, 2020 12:27 pm

Ko wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 9:32 am

Ko watched Jin work on Kaze with some fascination, even with one eye on the bandit archer. Her tribe had one (extremely aged) shaman, and Great-Grand-Aunt was rarely called on for feats like that.

He smiled in return, if a little sheepishly. "I intended only to make that archer think of something other than Yamadono-san. Otherwise, he never would have seen me. I must say that fighting fairly and in the open is not my preferred strategy."
* Crane Clan * ex-Chinsei * Very, Very Quiet * Reformed Wild Man of the Woods * In Love With Words *

Equipment: Yari, Nage-yari, Yumi, Ashiguru armor, some rope, a jade pendant, and a shovel.

Jin Mizuku

Post by Jin Mizuku » Sun May 24, 2020 2:22 pm

Mizuku saw that Miuna had things with the bandit pretty well handled and went to work assisting all of the healers. She helped wrap wounds and kept the area clear of the needles and used bandages. She cleaned the blood off of skin while others used their talents to heal the wounds shut. She navigated the area like an expert, being at the right place at the right time to be helpful and keep everything running as smooth as it could be. She didn't mind being the help, as long as everyone was attended to.

"Is there anyone else who's wounds need tending to?"
Last edited by Jin Mizuku on Sun May 24, 2020 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jin Muzuku - "Bring them here, I'll heal em' "

Ki-Rin * Shugenja * Jin Family * Status 1 * Glory 2 * Reputation 1

Don't mind Faru, he's my loyal pet falcon

Shinjo Miuna

Post by Shinjo Miuna » Sun May 24, 2020 2:44 pm

Having done all she could for the bandit for the time being, she moved on to the mountain of a man who had arrived with an impossible number of arrows sticking out of him. Thanks to Nadare, most of the wounds were sewn closed and had stopped bleeding. However, she could sense that there was likely still bleeding happening on the inside.

She retrieved the small blade she kept on her at all times and carefully made a slit across her palm. She came up beside the giant man, made even more enormous with Miuna's tiny frame for comparison, and spoke her incantation beneath her breath. As she did, she placed her uninjured hand against Yamadono's lower back while she squeezed the blood from her other hand. The droplets never made contact with the earth. They seemingly disappeared as they fell, gobbled up by something not seen with the naked eye. She felt the Water kami flow through her good hand and into Yamadono. They went to work quickly, the water moving through him, speeding his body's natural healing process.

Her heart beat fast with the rush that came from the magic. Afterwards, she bandaged her hand swiftly though she felt no pain. When she was finished, she stepped back and smiled up at the giant. She patted his arm reassuringly.

Magic, Path to Inner Peace on Yamadono, Void for +1k1: 6d10o10k4 30

((Healed for 20))
Ki-Rin • Blessed by Tengoku • Dangerous Beauty • Deaf • Feisty
• Shugenja • Small • Soft-hearted

Miuna | Aono | Description

Togashi Nadare

Post by Togashi Nadare » Mon May 25, 2020 2:39 am

Having carefully cleaned and tended to the wounds Nadare watched as Miuna called upon the power of her blood. The soothing power of water helped to continue the healing process that he had started.

"Wonderful!" He clapped his hands and gave the small woman a nod.

Noriaki no Yamadono

Post by Noriaki no Yamadono » Mon May 25, 2020 4:58 am

Togashi Nadare wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 8:59 am
"Togashi Nadare, it is a pleasure to help." He took a close look at the arrowheads and then inspected the wounds. Fortunately they did not seem to have pierced anything important.

"Please, would you mind lying down?" Nadare unfurled a blanket. "I have just the thing to ease your pain and heal the worst of these wounds." He pulled out some needles and thread along with a bottle of some sort of liquid.

"You may feel some small discomfort. Less though than you have already suffered." As the Dragon worked his medical 'magic' it proved remarkably effective...

Day 3. LA. Triage. Medicine roll for Noriaki no Yamadono. 2CR for extra dice. TN25: 7d10o10k4 47

Success!

Day 3. LA. Triage. Normal healing.: 3d10o10k1 25

:shock: Holy 25 wounds healed Batman!
"Thank you, Togashi Nadare of the Dragon. I am Yamadono. The Last Noriaki." He bowed his head before laying down, letting the man tend to his wounds. It eas clear this Dragon was quite skilled, as the work was clean, and efficient.
Seppun Chisei wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 12:01 pm
"Bandits? Out here?" Chisei frowned. "I wonder if the Seidou know anything of them. Or the Nezumi."

He inclined his head to Jin. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Jin. I would ask you with whom you trained, but perhaps later." He smiled at Yamadono and Nadare. "Although it look as though the immediate danger has passed. I should not be surprised that Reiko has found some of the best minds for this expedition."
The big man laughed as he sat up, clapping a bit. "I don't know if I would say I was one of the best minds. More that I can take a beating and still hit things back." He grinned, that mustache emphasizing the smile.

Looking to Doji Kaze. "I do appreciate that. However, I wouldn't have faulted you for staying hidden and working to your strengths. You fought with cunning and skill, I'd gladly fight with you again." A solemn nod to the scout.
Shinjo Miuna wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 2:44 pm
Having done all she could for the bandit for the time being, she moved on to the mountain of a man who had arrived with an impossible number of arrows sticking out of him. Thanks to Nadare, most of the wounds were sewn closed and had stopped bleeding. However, she could sense that there was likely still bleeding happening on the inside.

She retrieved the small blade she kept on her at all times and carefully made a slit across her palm. She came up beside the giant man, made even more enormous with Miuna's tiny frame for comparison, and spoke her incantation beneath her breath. As she did, she placed her uninjured hand against Yamadono's lower back while she squeezed the blood from her other hand. The droplets never made contact with the earth. They seemingly disappeared as they fell, gobbled up by something not seen with the naked eye. She felt the Water kami flow through her good hand and into Yamadono. They went to work quickly, the water moving through him, speeding his body's natural healing process.

Her heart beat fast with the rush that came from the magic. Afterwards, she bandaged her hand swiftly though she felt no pain. When she was finished, she stepped back and smiled up at the giant. She patted his arm reassuringly.

Magic, Path to Inner Peace on Yamadono, Void for +1k1: 6d10o10k4 30

((Healed for 20))
His eyes fell to the tiny woman as she approached, and before he could speak, he felt the wounds drawing out of him. It was... disturbing, to feel the magic flowing through him that he could barely comprehend. Especially from a woman who seemed but a child. Matsu certainly was taller than she.

Feeling reinvigorated, he bowed his head to her.

"Thank you."
Spider Clan | Bushi | Large AF | Blessed by Bishamon and Earth
Carries: Bronze Tetsubo | Fur lined hat and cloak | Bronze Sword | Travelling Pack | Shakuhachi
Accompanied by: Matsu

Jin

Post by Jin » Mon May 25, 2020 5:53 am

Jin had nodded at Chisei's words then turned to see to the next patient... only to find most already being seen to by his students.

He allowed himself a bit of a prideful smile at that but sobered up as he remembered his first, unasked, question.

"Did we lose anyone in the battle?"
Ki-Rin • Jin Family Daimyo • Experienced • Shugenja • Healer • Martyr • Cartographer • Missing Eye • Missing Hand • Jade

Carries: Ashigaru armor, robes, tanto, medicine kit, bundle of scrolls and maps, finger of jade.

Description

Wu

Post by Wu » Mon May 25, 2020 7:51 am

Ko wrote:
Wu wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 7:53 am
Wu nodded

"Not just necessity." Ko's tone was grim, and she frowned at the archer whose arm Miune was busy splinting. "The way he spoke says they never considered any other kind of living."
''It is hard to change from a life you always have known...even farming requires extensive knowledge that one cannot pick up easily.''
Dragon Clan - Daimyo of the Wu - Black sheep of the Isawa tribe - Bushi - Spearman - Sage - Enlightened - Experienced
Equipment : In town: Ryu-yari, sturdy clothing. Outside : bronze and leather armor, Ryu-yari, Nage-Yari, Yumi

Seppun Chisei

Post by Seppun Chisei » Mon May 25, 2020 9:27 am

Mon May 25, 2020 4:58 am
The big man laughed as he sat up, clapping a bit. "I don't know if I would say I was one of the best minds. More that I can take a beating and still hit things back." He grinned, that mustache emphasizing the smile.
"And make it back to the healers, for which I am gratified." Chisei said, with a gentle smile. "There is a time and place for every skill that one can imagine. I suspect yours will be in great demand in the coming weeks. I hope we shall be able to keep up with you."

Ko

Post by Ko » Mon May 25, 2020 9:28 am

Doji Kaze wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 12:27 pm
Ko wrote:

He smiled in return, if a little sheepishly. "I intended only to make that archer think of something other than Yamadono-san. Otherwise, he never would have seen me. I must say that fighting fairly and in the open is not my preferred strategy."
"Huh. You're not bad at it, even so." Ko looked up from her bloodstained cleaning rag to favor Kaze with a smile.
Jin wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 5:53 am
Jin had nodded at Chisei's words then turned to see to the next patient... only to find most already being seen to by his students.

He allowed himself a bit of a prideful smile at that but sobered up as he remembered his first, unasked, question.

"Did we lose anyone in the battle?"
"No... well, no one from our party," Ko reassured the scarred healer. "If there were one less of us, or one more of them, the bones might have thrown differently. But there wasn't."
Shore People ✖ 'Bushi? That sounds right' ✖ Stone-tool-user ✖ Awkward ✖ On A Quest

Wears: Simple clothing, pearl and coral jewelry, copper coin bracelet; light armor when expecting danger.
Carries: Walking staff or yumi (or both); knives; jade, pack with misc fishing & survival tools and small daily items. Warclub (tetsubo) when needed.

Jin

Post by Jin » Mon May 25, 2020 9:54 am

"I am relieved to hear the odds were in our favor and none of ours were lost. Theirs... that is unfortunate but they made their choice. I am glad at least one was shown mercy."

Description

Ko

Post by Ko » Wed May 27, 2020 2:54 am

Jin wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 9:54 am
"I am relieved to hear the odds were in our favor and none of ours were lost. Theirs... that is unfortunate but they made their choice. I am glad at least one was shown mercy."
"Two. Their leader surrendered too." The set of Ko's mouth suggested she was a bit ambivalent about this. "I guess he'll lick his own wounds. He didn't look hurt, much."

Return to “The Forest”