[D3, LM, Open] The Green, Green Leaves of Home

Doji Kaze

Re: [D3, LM, Open] The Green, Green Leaves of Home

Post by Doji Kaze » Sat May 23, 2020 11:47 am

"The Lady said much the same thing. I, of course, had no way of knowing. It seems better this way."

His smile returned. "But I imagine that others have their stories of difficult lives. It just comes back here, though these trees are not as great as those in Shinomen."
* Crane Clan * ex-Chinsei * Very, Very Quiet * Reformed Wild Man of the Woods * In Love With Words *

Equipment: Yari, Nage-yari, Yumi, Ashiguru armor, some rope, a jade pendant, and a shovel.

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Sat May 23, 2020 11:48 am

"The Shinomen? I havn't heard of it. Do you care to describe it?"
Seidou Tribe|Bushi|Large|Strength of the Earth|Blessed by the Earth|Kharmic Tie|Doubt|True Love|Bad Eyesight
Carries: Light Armor, Dai Tsuchi wrapped in blessed rope, Blacksmithing Gear, Jade pendant, 7 uses of jade dust oil
Bodyguard for Seidou Haruyo

Doji Kaze

Post by Doji Kaze » Sat May 23, 2020 12:07 pm

He was silent for a moment, then, rasping, intoned:

"Colder than midnight
The twilight kingdom spreads
Reigning 'neath the trees.

She feeds and murders
Teaches and deranges me
My shadow mother.

I love her high, cool bowers
Where the leaves o'ercrown my head."

I fear her hidden valleys
Where no light is ever shed."
* Crane Clan * ex-Chinsei * Very, Very Quiet * Reformed Wild Man of the Woods * In Love With Words *

Equipment: Yari, Nage-yari, Yumi, Ashiguru armor, some rope, a jade pendant, and a shovel.

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Sat May 23, 2020 12:12 pm

"Such flowery words. Pretty, paints a good picture, but..."

She squints

"Difficult to gain anything useful from. If I am understanding correctly, it is a place of darkness but provides shelter for those who are in harmony with it?"
Seidou Tribe|Bushi|Large|Strength of the Earth|Blessed by the Earth|Kharmic Tie|Doubt|True Love|Bad Eyesight
Carries: Light Armor, Dai Tsuchi wrapped in blessed rope, Blacksmithing Gear, Jade pendant, 7 uses of jade dust oil

Doji Kaze

Post by Doji Kaze » Sat May 23, 2020 12:30 pm

"She is a place of contradictions, Seidou-san, and while she may be tender for a time, in the end she will murder without shedding a tear. Harmony helps, it is true, but the fear helps most of all. As long as one does not fear as the rabbits do, and freeze entirely."

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Sat May 23, 2020 12:35 pm

"Hard places often raise hard men. Are there many who live in the forest? Was your original tribe full of warriors?"

Doji Kaze

Post by Doji Kaze » Sat May 23, 2020 12:40 pm

"Not many men venture into the Shinomen from outside, but my tribe saw the bow as a way of life. Its use was the mark of adulthood."

He looked up at her. "I suppose you have similar signs among your people?"

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Sat May 23, 2020 12:48 pm

"Indeed, often adulthood is marked by an adequate understanding of certain skills, or by completing a difficult hunt...or fight."

"Lucky, the rats, trolls, and ogres have ceased their attack frequency, so we can focus more on practical skills like smithing, hunting, or husbandry instead of just warriorhood."

Doji Kaze

Post by Doji Kaze » Sat May 23, 2020 12:54 pm

"And you?" he asked. "Are you are a warrior born and bred?"

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Sat May 23, 2020 1:00 pm

"Bodyguard and smith, though the duties of protecting my friend have made me quite the warrior, I would say. Though generally I am more a shield than a spear. Haruyo does the damage. I am her eyes so she can target, and her shield so she can use her magics without interruption."

Doji Kaze

Post by Doji Kaze » Sun May 24, 2020 4:37 am

"A noble role, Seidou-san. One worthy of commendation." He bowed slightly in deference.

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Sun May 24, 2020 6:47 am

Satone raises an eyebrow at the gesture, but then nods her head.

“Have you met the Kami who has given you a clan then?”

Doji Kaze

Post by Doji Kaze » Sun May 24, 2020 7:52 am

"Hai, she is the one who found me in the woods. I do not think I would have left, otherwise. No one else was really willing to speak to me, at the time."

He paused for half a breath. "She taught me the words, and has put up with my...caution...as well as one might hope."

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Sun May 24, 2020 8:10 am

"Wow, so she actually tot he time to care for you directly? Do you have enough clout with her to gain audience whenever you wish? I would like to speak with her."

Doji Kaze

Post by Doji Kaze » Sun May 24, 2020 9:04 am

"I...suppose I do. We met during her first wanderings, before the Empire was established. It would be my pleasure to arrange a meeting, but she is not on this expedition. Her husband is, though."

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Sun May 24, 2020 10:19 am

"Well, I suppose meeting him would be a good first step. Haruyo and I still have much to consider about where we ultimately end up in out lives, and I think one of the best steps forward for that would be to speak with each of these gods."

Doji Kaze

Post by Doji Kaze » Sun May 24, 2020 12:29 pm

"Then I shall let Nanzi know of your interest. I am sure he would be very interested in meeting you and Haruyo."

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Sun May 24, 2020 12:44 pm

"Thank you."

Satone looks out into the forest.

"Were you hunting for game before I came here?"

Doji Kaze

Post by Doji Kaze » Sun May 24, 2020 1:10 pm

"I had not begun, but I suppose it was an intention."

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Sun May 24, 2020 1:11 pm

"Why don't we hunt together then?"

She takes a bow off of her back and begins to string it.

Return to “The Forest”