[D3, LM, Open] The Green, Green Leaves of Home

Doji Kaze

Re: [D3, LM, Open] The Green, Green Leaves of Home

Post by Doji Kaze » Mon May 25, 2020 3:00 am

Kaze nods once, saying quietly "If Seidou-san would like to do so."

He removes a nage-yari from his back. "What beast does Seidou-san hope for?"
* Crane Clan * ex-Chinsei * Very, Very Quiet * Reformed Wild Man of the Woods * In Love With Words *

Equipment: Yari, Nage-yari, Yumi, Ashiguru armor, some rope, a jade pendant, and a shovel.

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Mon May 25, 2020 3:11 am

"Anything we can eat. I'm not picky. Also, what's san? My name is Satone."

----------
Satone will assist with hunting roll, granting Kaze +1
Seidou Tribe|Bushi|Large|Strength of the Earth|Blessed by the Earth|Kharmic Tie|Doubt|True Love|Bad Eyesight
Carries: Light Armor, Dai Tsuchi wrapped in blessed rope, Blacksmithing Gear, Jade pendant, 7 uses of jade dust oil
Bodyguard for Seidou Haruyo

Doji Kaze

Post by Doji Kaze » Mon May 25, 2020 3:31 am

"A word fragment that conveys respect between equals, that is all. You never told me your name, and I thought it much too late to ask."

Kaze slips into the undergrowth without another word, and a moment or two later a bunny came hurtling out of the brush in Satone's direction.

Hunting roll=18
* Crane Clan * ex-Chinsei * Very, Very Quiet * Reformed Wild Man of the Woods * In Love With Words *

Equipment: Yari, Nage-yari, Yumi, Ashiguru armor, some rope, a jade pendant, and a shovel.

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Mon May 25, 2020 6:13 am

Satone is quick to respond the the game, catching them in some makeshift snare she had laid down while the two were talking.

When Kaze returns, she is already dressing them.

“I see. Where did you learn the term? I am not familiar “
Seidou Tribe|Bushi|Large|Strength of the Earth|Blessed by the Earth|Kharmic Tie|Doubt|True Love|Bad Eyesight
Carries: Light Armor, Dai Tsuchi wrapped in blessed rope, Blacksmithing Gear, Jade pendant, 7 uses of jade dust oil

Doji Kaze

Post by Doji Kaze » Mon May 25, 2020 6:23 am

He steps out of the undergrowth with a second rabbit in his hand.

"Lady Doji. It is one of her words. Efficient, yes?"

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Mon May 25, 2020 8:28 am

"If everyone knows the meaning, yes. If not, it will require explanation at each use. Are there other terms she has taught you?"

Doji Kaze

Post by Doji Kaze » Mon May 25, 2020 9:35 am

"And at each use, the learning will spread and so on and on across the Empire. The miracle of language, Satone-san. Use is precisely how everyone knows the meaning."

"She has taught me most of the words I know. Quite a bit of explanation required for most of them. But there is a word for respect to a leader '-ue,' and one for the Emperor '-heika.' And there are names for the gods that live in the sky. And of course 'arigato' to say 'thank you.' As in 'arigato gozaimasu' for this opportunity to share in a hunt with you, Satone-san."

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Mon May 25, 2020 10:17 am

Satone blinks a bit at the words.

"Oh, I see. Do they intend to hold classes or something to teach us all?"

Doji Kaze

Post by Doji Kaze » Mon May 25, 2020 12:36 pm

"I imagine not. Or rather, you are in one now. Language lives or dies in the using of it. If you choose to walk away and never utter a -san, then it does not live. If you do, then a bit of the language of heaven breathes here on the earth."

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Mon May 25, 2020 2:32 pm

"Mm. I see. You have a point. Though I am not sure a dangerous expedition where words need to be clear are the best time to be introducing new ones. Still, in situations like now it seems appropriate. so..."

She clears her throat.

"Arrrr eeee gaaaa toe"

Doji Kaze

Post by Doji Kaze » Mon May 25, 2020 11:23 pm

Kaze smiled. "Splendid, Satone-san. Arigatou for your willingness to learn. It seems you are strong in many, many ways."

Return to “The Forest”