[D3-EM]The perfect stick(open)

Ryoshun Mai

Re: [D3-EM]The perfect stick(open)

Post by Ryoshun Mai » Sat May 23, 2020 8:04 am

"Tao for Taochusu. -kun is what you put on the end of names for close men or boys, such as close friends, perhaps a spouse, or one of your children, or even a brother. You use -chan on the end of a name of a blood relative or close friend."
Ryoshun Family* Artisan * Cursed!
Status - 1.0, Reputation - What is Expected, Glory - 3.5
Wears/Carries:
Light Armor, Sturdy Clothing, tanto, yari, whetstone, Blacksmith's hammer, inherited carving knife, 8 shark teeth

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Sat May 23, 2020 8:15 am

"I never heard of that. Is that something your people do?" he asks curiously.
Wanderer • Large

Carries: light armor, dai tsuchi, guqin, yumi & arrows, small knife, hatchet, jade finger

Ryoshun Mai

Post by Ryoshun Mai » Sat May 23, 2020 6:12 pm

"Something introduced I believe by Lady Doji. They started using it when they became a Clan."
Wears/Carries:
Light Armor, Sturdy Clothing, tanto, yari, whetstone, Blacksmith's hammer, inherited carving knife, 8 shark teeth

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Sat May 23, 2020 7:16 pm

"So that one tells everyone how they're supposed to talk? Seems like a waste of time to me. A little silly. People that do things differently sounds more interesting than people that do things the same as everyone else. Like you are making teeth weapons and stuff."
Wanderer • Large

Carries: light armor, dai tsuchi, guqin, yumi & arrows, small knife, hatchet, jade finger

Ryoshun Mai

Post by Ryoshun Mai » Sat May 23, 2020 7:30 pm

"I love to experiment, tradition be damned. Taiko is like that too. Though, he is currently trying to learn how the rats make that stronger metal we plan to use it different ways than they do. Sometimes, you have to tale part of an idea to base a bigger idea off of. Our clan as a whole aims to improve, improvise, and develop new and unique things. The only reason I use such a term is it is meant to imply respect, such as to a brother. Me saying it means I hold you in a high light."
Wears/Carries:

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Sat May 23, 2020 8:53 pm

"That's fine, and if that's how things are going to end up it is what it is. It just seems like it's not really needed when you can just call someone a friend or a brother when you feel that way. Especially if one word has so many different meanings. It certainly doesn't simplify things," he says with a shrug." He thinks about it for a moment.

"So you would be Maichan?" he asks.
Wanderer • Large

Ryoshun Mai

Post by Ryoshun Mai » Sun May 24, 2020 2:12 am

"It does have a lot of meanings. I guess it just means boy close to me. I am not entirely sure on it either. Then again I am not an expert on language or formalities, simply crafting." She shrugged, "I like a way to acknowledge someone close to me without yet defining how. For example, Taiko is a close friend but..." she blushed a bit.

"If you consider me a close friend, yes!"
Wears/Carries:

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Sun May 24, 2020 2:20 am

Blushing wasn't something he saw a lot of in life, so he wouldn't be able to draw any conclusions from it. "Alright. I've spoken with you more than I have anyone else in years. So I guess that would make you a Maichan."
Wanderer • Large

Ryoshun Mai

Post by Ryoshun Mai » Sun May 24, 2020 6:22 am

Mai smiled, "I am happy to call you a friend, like a brother to me. I hope we continue to see each other over many seasons."
Wears/Carries:

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Sun May 24, 2020 6:25 am

"Maybe we will. I wouldn't mind getting to know you even better. I mean, I don't even know what kind of food you like or what you do to relax."
Wanderer • Large

Ryoshun Mai

Post by Ryoshun Mai » Sun May 24, 2020 6:35 am

She laughed, "I like to cook and to fish. My favorite foods to eat are those little striped ones in the mountain streams (OOC:Trout,) spicy things, and pickled root vegetables. I like to hear of far away places, and what creatures exist out there."
Wears/Carries:

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Sun May 24, 2020 6:36 am

"Have you ever seen a tiger?" he asks, curious.
Wanderer • Large

Ryoshun Mai

Post by Ryoshun Mai » Sun May 24, 2020 6:42 am

"Yes, twice. One dead, the other not so dead. Luckily, the hunting party was nearby for the second and it was nowhere near as large as the first. The second was wandering nearly into the village. Rather scrawny, too."
Wears/Carries:

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Sun May 24, 2020 6:46 am

"They're really sneaky hunters. I've seen a few from a distance but only one up close. Caught the light of it's eyes in the fire," he explains. "Burned my palms when I grabbed my pot of boiling water and threw the water in it's face. Would have probably been killed if it hadn't been dark enough for the fire to reveal it."
Wanderer • Large

Ryoshun Mai

Post by Ryoshun Mai » Sun May 24, 2020 7:01 am

"Life sounds very hard for a wanderer. You really would be safer in a Clan, and in return could keep people safe. You would also get a chance to think about a future. Sure it isn't always safe or uneventful but it might be beneficial."
Wears/Carries:

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Sun May 24, 2020 7:13 am

"Unsafe and eventful are regular for me. That's not something I worry about. There's plenty of reason to join up, but I still have a lot to learn about the gods in charge too. I mean, you've told me a little about Ryoshun and I've heard a very small amount about Shiba. I just don't have a real understanding of what they're about. Only seen the two here from a distance."
Wanderer • Large

Ryoshun Mai

Post by Ryoshun Mai » Sun May 24, 2020 7:57 am

"I don't think you would like Lady Doji from what I know of you, and what I have heard of her. She is all about decorum and courtly things. Making things difficult with ambiguous words and ceremonies they really don't need. Though the Bat and Crane both deal in the arts and crafting we lean towards practical use."
Wears/Carries:

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Sun May 24, 2020 10:07 pm

"Well, I may not like what she wants to do or how she leads, but that don't mean I wouldn't like her. Who knows until I meet her?" he says with a chuckle. "Sounds more likely that she wouldn't like me."
Wanderer • Large

Ryoshun Mai

Post by Ryoshun Mai » Sun May 24, 2020 10:33 pm

"That is a good way of looking at it. I meant you may not wish to be under her leadership as her values are different."
Wears/Carries:

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Sun May 24, 2020 10:46 pm

"Probably not, no. Less rules and more freedom would probably be a bit better for me. Or at least the chance to spend some time by myself hunting."
Wanderer • Large

Return to “The Forest”