Steal from the Rich and Give to the Us [Day 3, EA]

Kanna

Re: Steal from the Rich and Give to the Us [Day 3, EA]

Post by Kanna » Sun May 24, 2020 3:08 am

No one else seeming to respond, Kanna takes a defensive posture herself, though not quite as dedicated as his. "Look, you fought like a fuckin' champ here. That one hit might have killed someone less prepared for it. Ain't no sense in you dying in this field. My people could use someone like you in their ranks. You've seen how I fight, and how Nori over there takes hits like a fuckin' champ. Come join the spider and we'll give you a good way to use them muscles of yours. Plus you won't have to try to harry caravans to get dinner."

Her posture slacked just a bit, indicating she had no intention of keeping up the fight if he didn't. "Name's Kanna. Bodyguard of Reiko the prophet, champion of the Spider."
Spider Clan | Reiko's Shadow | Wary | Warrior
Carries: Tetsubo, Bronze Sword, Practical Clothing, Bottle of Wine, Bottle of Beer

Ko

Post by Ko » Sun May 24, 2020 3:10 am

It looks like Yamadono and Dawei are both heading to check on Kaze, so Ko pokes the wounded archer with her foot to make sure he’s staying down, then jogs back toward Kanna and the bandit leader... who seem to be at a stalemate?

“Are we done?”

Stance: defense
ATN 28

Simple actions to move the 40’ or so to Kanna and Big Boi.

Free action to say stuff.
Shore People ✖ 'Bushi? That sounds right' ✖ Stone-tool-user ✖ Awkward ✖ On A Quest
Status: 1.0 ✖ Glory: 1.0 ✖ Reputation: Bad, real bad ✖ Character description

Wears: Simple clothing, pearl and coral jewelry, copper coin bracelet; light armor when expecting danger.
Carries: Walking staff or yumi (or both); knives; jade, pack with misc fishing & survival tools and small daily items. Warclub (tetsubo) when needed.

Tyrus

Post by Tyrus » Sun May 24, 2020 3:23 am

(unless a player plans to attack The bandit this thread can convert to RP)

The Bandit's breathing is slowing down as he looks around "I.....I'm not sure about joining a new tribe but if my options are that or die....." he chuckles and lowers the ax a fraction "Well doesn't sound like I got much choice." He eyes Kanna "Plus we'll need a rematch one day." he finishes with a wink.
Assistant to the GM - Panda - Occasionally wise - Often Capricious

Kanna

Post by Kanna » Sun May 24, 2020 3:25 am

Kanna laughed with a twinkle in her eyes as she stepped forward, resting the club on her back as she reached a hand to greet him. "It's a good choice, friend. You won't be sorry. And I'll look forward to that rematch." A pause, then. "What's yer name?"
Carries: Tetsubo, Bronze Sword, Practical Clothing, Bottle of Wine, Bottle of Beer

Noriaki no Yamadono

Post by Noriaki no Yamadono » Sun May 24, 2020 3:41 am

The mountain of a Spider was still breathing. He would reach behind him, pulling the arrow out of his back. A grunt, as he placed the tetsubo into the sling. A grunt, as he offered to relieve Dawei of Kaze.

"I can carry him, if there's more to fight, I won't be as useful you can be." His voice was low, a slight struggle to breathe. Even with his injuries, the blessings of Bishamon were still upon him.
Spider Clan | Bushi | Large AF | Blessed by Bishamon and Earth
Carries: Bronze Tetsubo | Fur lined hat and cloak | Bronze Sword | Travelling Pack | Shakuhachi
Accompanied by: Matsu

Riki

Post by Riki » Sun May 24, 2020 3:43 am

The bandit lets the ax head drop into the forest floor extending a large hand as he looked dowen at the small but sttrong woman. Up close he is even bigger than while they were fighting, not quite as tall as Yamadono but probably only about a head shorter still leaving him firmly in massive territory.

He grasped her hand firmly and shook "Name's Toshiaki no Riki but I guess just Riki will be alright considering I'm joining your tribe." he looks around "You all are a strong tribe, those two" he says nodding to the two dead thugs "Were two of my best fighters."
Former Bandit Captain - Stronk - Thicc - Greedy - Boisterous
Controlled by GM Tyrus

Kanna

Post by Kanna » Sun May 24, 2020 3:45 am

"If it makes ya feel better, Old man Yama and I are two of our... well, they're callin' em clans now I guess... but yeah, we're two of our toughest. We'll honor their lives tonight when we dine." She motioned, starting to lead the way back to camp. "C'mon. There's a hot meal waiting for us from a sweet young gal."

Seppun Dawei

Post by Seppun Dawei » Sun May 24, 2020 3:49 am

Noriaki no Yamadono wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 3:41 am
The mountain of a Spider was still breathing. He would reach behind him, pulling the arrow out of his back. A grunt, as he placed the tetsubo into the sling. A grunt, as he offered to relieve Dawei of Kaze.

"I can carry him, if there's more to fight, I won't be as useful you can be." His voice was low, a slight struggle to breathe. Even with his injuries, the blessings of Bishamon were still upon him.
Dawei looks up at the man. He has to; he's damned tall.

"I've got him, Noriaki. And you're more injured than I; wouldn't do to strain you, would it?"

He keeps his voice carefully level. The Lord Hantei would not approve of anything else.
Seppun Dawei
Stag Clan * Bushi * Quiet * O-Iemoto * Experienced
Status 2.0, Glory 2.0, Reputation 4.5
In village: wears sturdy clothes; carries bronze sword, knife, often a piece of wood he's carving, finger of jade (2 as of LM15)
Out of village: wears ashigaru armor; carries bronze sword, yumi, quiver of arrows, traveling pack, finger of jade (2 as of LM15)
"Speaking" * Thinking
Description from Dawn 1 * Current Description
Player based in Kerrville, Texas

Doji Kaze

Post by Doji Kaze » Sun May 24, 2020 3:52 am

Kaze coughs as though trying to say something. It comes out as a wet mess.

There is an distinctly unpleasant sound on the inhale as well. High-pitched.
* Crane Clan * ex-Chinsei * Very, Very Quiet * Reformed Wild Man of the Woods * In Love With Words *

Equipment: Yari, Nage-yari, Yumi, Ashiguru armor, some rope, a jade pendant, and a shovel.

Riki

Post by Riki » Sun May 24, 2020 3:55 am

"Oh no need for that they were good fighters but they were mean bastards!" he said with a laugh "World is probably better with them gone. When your tribe lives by banditry you can't really turn down a good sword swinger just because they are cruel. In fact it tends to help."

He will follow Kanna as she leads way to camp "Been too long since I've had a hot meal. You can all it a tribe or a clan or a shitpile for all i care it already sounds better than where I'm coming from."

he hears the wheezing sound "Oh and you'll want to get him to healer fast if you got one. Sounds like that arrow punctured his lung."
Controlled by GM Tyrus

Ko

Post by Ko » Sun May 24, 2020 3:56 am

"Hold on. Where's the rest of your tribe?" Ko asks the large... Riki. "Do you have elders and babies somewhere, or is this it?"

She casts a concerned glance at Kaze. That sounded bad.

((Are the down guys dead or alive? And if alive, are they 'needs a mercy cut' alive or 'reasonable hope of recovery' alive--from the perspective of somebody who doesn't know about magical healing?))
Shore People ✖ 'Bushi? That sounds right' ✖ Stone-tool-user ✖ Awkward ✖ On A Quest

Wears: Simple clothing, pearl and coral jewelry, copper coin bracelet; light armor when expecting danger.
Carries: Walking staff or yumi (or both); knives; jade, pack with misc fishing & survival tools and small daily items. Warclub (tetsubo) when needed.

Noriaki no Yamadono

Post by Noriaki no Yamadono » Sun May 24, 2020 3:58 am

He can tell the man is holding back, hiding something. A gruff nod. "I suppose. I've seen worse." Yamadono's voice was respectful, but guarded. "I'll get the other one."

The echoes of the seven tenets from his daughters words. He moved with purpose to the fallen archer, his arm and ribs a mess.

"You look like hell." He chuckled, assessing the man on the ground, before grabbing him. "I got him."
Carries: Bronze Tetsubo | Fur lined hat and cloak | Bronze Sword | Travelling Pack | Shakuhachi

Riki

Post by Riki » Sun May 24, 2020 3:59 am

Riki looks back over his shoulder at the small murder machine "Oh there are a few children, not too many old bandits about if they get too old or injured to keep up they get left behind. Last I knew they were about a nights march west and to the north but were heading further west and going around seidou lands north."
Controlled by GM Tyrus

Tyrus

Post by Tyrus » Sun May 24, 2020 4:01 am

Ko wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 3:56 am
((Are the down guys dead or alive? And if alive, are they 'needs a mercy cut' alive or 'reasonable hope of recovery' alive--from the perspective of somebody who doesn't know about magical healing?))

(( The archer Yamadono picked up is breathing raggedly. His arm is indeed a mess but he is within healing ability. The thug Daweei stabbed will bleed out before you make it back to camp and the thug you beat on may live but will never walk again as his femur shattered and his other knee pulp.))
Assistant to the GM - Panda - Occasionally wise - Often Capricious

Kanna

Post by Kanna » Sun May 24, 2020 4:02 am

Hearing the explanation, she lets out a sigh. "Well, at least it sounds like we won't keep runnin' into 'em. Maybe we can try an' find 'em once we start headin' back." She stretches her neck out. "Sounds like we're givin' you a better way about it."

Ko

Post by Ko » Sun May 24, 2020 4:08 am

Ko frowned, not liking how careless the man seemed to be of his comrades. "What kind of people are you? Your tribe is your family. And family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten."

She moved to check the downed swordsmen and their possessions, as Yamadono was doing with the archer.

Either they were dead and had no use for anything useful in gear anymore, or they might recover and shouldn't be left with the tools of their banditry, or... she thought about the handful of times someone in her village had been injured too badly to survive but not killed straightaway, how the elders had sent them gently to the Yellow Springs with sharp stone knives. That wasn't young people's work; she'd never done it. Could she?

She stood over the thug with two ruined legs, looking more nervous than she had during the actual fight.

Riki

Post by Riki » Sun May 24, 2020 4:17 am

Looking at Kanna he shrugged "Well I don't really know what you mean by a better way but I'll listen."

Riki let out a loud belly laugh at Ko's words "Well you sound like you come from a nice tribe but no my tribe is one of bandits kid, they care about strength and little else. You're either useful or you're on your own and family" he made a dismissive sound "My dad was my first opponent, started smacking me around when I was a kid and later when he forgot how big i'd gotten he was my first kill."

He looked to Ko as she stood over the fallen fighter "Yeah he ain't gonna make it, want me to finish your kill for you?"
Controlled by GM Tyrus

Noriaki no Yamadono

Post by Noriaki no Yamadono » Sun May 24, 2020 4:17 am

"The kind of people I once was." He walked over to Ko, trying not to be to rough as he carried the injured bandit.

"Sword through the neck. Makes it fast. Like this? It'll be agony. We won't be able to bring the one with the ruined legs with us safely. And here would leave him food for the wolves." His voice was level.

"They deserve warriors deaths."

Kanna

Post by Kanna » Sun May 24, 2020 4:20 am

She shrugged. "Livin' on the move. Havin' to fight just to be able to get a fuckin' drink. Shit, that sounds like an awful time." She smirked. "I'd like to think I've shown that ye can be tough without havin' to go through that shit."

Seppun Dawei

Post by Seppun Dawei » Sun May 24, 2020 4:25 am

Dawei takes Kaze back toward camp and healing, unless he is stopped.

(Brisket-smoking takes attention, as does ranch-visiting.)
Seppun Dawei
Stag Clan * Bushi * Quiet * O-Iemoto * Experienced
Status 2.0, Glory 2.0, Reputation 4.5
In village: wears sturdy clothes; carries bronze sword, knife, often a piece of wood he's carving, finger of jade (2 as of LM15)
Out of village: wears ashigaru armor; carries bronze sword, yumi, quiver of arrows, traveling pack, finger of jade (2 as of LM15)
"Speaking" * Thinking
Description from Dawn 1 * Current Description
Player based in Kerrville, Texas

Return to “The Forest”