Tell Me Your Story (D3, LM, Open)

Jin

Re: Tell Me Your Story (D3, LM, Open)

Post by Jin » Sat May 23, 2020 12:25 am

"It is true I have not heard of him. A nomad then? Or simply not a fan of uninvited guests?"
Ki-Rin • Jin Family Daimyo • Experienced • Shugenja • Healer • Martyr • Cartographer • Missing Eye • Missing Hand • Jade

Carries: Ashigaru armor, robes, tanto, medicine kit, bundle of scrolls and maps, finger of jade.

Description

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Sat May 23, 2020 12:42 am

"We stay away from kiir human tribes." he answered. "But, we do watch shrick and help when we can."
Stranger ~ Shugenja ~ Water ~ Archer ~ Hunter ~ Healer ~ Spirit Talker ~ Small ~ Wary ~ Ennui
Glory 2 ~ Reputation 4 ~ Status 1

Carries: Yumi, Arrows, Aiguchi, Lantern, Water, Medicine Kit, Jade (4/7)

Jin

Post by Jin » Sat May 23, 2020 1:00 am

The older man paused at the words and scrutinized Hanzou with his good eye, "And what, then, would your tribe be if not human?"
Ki-Rin • Jin Family Daimyo • Experienced • Shugenja • Healer • Martyr • Cartographer • Missing Eye • Missing Hand • Jade

Carries: Ashigaru armor, robes, tanto, medicine kit, bundle of scrolls and maps, finger of jade.

Description

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Sat May 23, 2020 1:01 am

There was some hesitation. "Koumori."
Stranger ~ Shugenja ~ Water ~ Archer ~ Hunter ~ Healer ~ Spirit Talker ~ Small ~ Wary ~ Ennui

Jin

Post by Jin » Sat May 23, 2020 1:09 am

"Koumori... bats?" Then he remembered tales of the Ayakashi, "No, bat spirits. You are very, very far from home indeed then."

He looks human enough. Though I suppose it would explain those noises.

"What business draws you into our realm and will you be staying long?"

Description

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Sat May 23, 2020 1:18 am

"I'm not." he shook his head. "skree not fully. We guard the Spirit Realms and return those chirk who don't belong here. There are many in shreet the great forest and these mountains."

Jin

Post by Jin » Sat May 23, 2020 1:23 am

The sorcerer rests his chin in his good hand as he looks up at the younger man... or at least the being who looks like a younger man... from his sitting position. Silent for a moment in thought.

"Perhaps, then, you can answer another matter that has perplexed me. How is it that some spirits, such as your people and those lost souls you return to their rightful place, travel between realms semi-freely while others, such as the Kami, have found themselves trapped in this realm?"

Description

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Sat May 23, 2020 1:52 am

He considered the question for a moment. "Some realms chiree are easier to reach than others and some spirits are more familiar with the various paths and portals through the realms. The realms also influence those kriki within them, altering them over time. Spirits often need to pay a price of some sort chirt to avoid that."

Jin

Post by Jin » Sat May 23, 2020 2:08 am

He scratches at his chin, "The Kami seem to believe their brother can be brought from Jigoku to this realm at the least. Might there be some way to 'pay' to make that easier?"

Description

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Sat May 23, 2020 2:29 am

"I don't know the sriect situation." he shrugged. "But, that is a realm keekee that does not give up easily. My understanding is that he fell through from the heavens into this realm and then chik into Jigoku, which may be helpful. He doesn't belong there."

He was quiet for a moment. "There may be another way, if chiirk if we find no other options. If Jigoku has not claimed his spirit yet, sreee it could perhaps be released to Meido. But, I cannot be sure of that riist."

Jin

Post by Jin » Sat May 23, 2020 2:34 am

Jin nodded. He had, in fact, had similar thoughts himself if only as a last resort. He knew Shinjo would sacrifice nearly anything,, far too much, for her brother. He understood that drive, that need, but if this world had to have Kami in it she needed to be among them.

"Let us hope it does not come to that but you are right it is better than him being claimed by that realm. Though how one kills a Kami is a matter all of its own. We know they can die, as the youngest of them did, but that was hardly a repeatable scenario."

Description

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Sat May 23, 2020 2:42 am

"Ryoshun wishes his brother rescued shiek, but he will be waiting for him if necessary." he nodded.

Jin

Post by Jin » Sat May 23, 2020 2:50 am

"And is that what brings you here? To return a lost spirit to, if not its home, then a better place?"

Description

Crow

Post by Crow » Sat May 23, 2020 11:15 am

Hanzou wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 2:42 am
"Ryoshun wishes his brother rescued shiek, but he will be waiting for him if necessary." he nodded.
Something flies out of the woods at a high speed and lands inside Hanzou's pack with a resounding WHUMP!
Crow + Birb + Mischievous

Played by GM Bakuriel

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Sat May 23, 2020 11:22 am

"Among other things heetch. Ryoshin's daugh- shreeecht"

He's sent off balance for a moment, but stays on his feet. Spinning around, he looks for an attack of some kind, until he feels the rustling in his pack. Setting it down, he peers inside.

Crow

Post by Crow » Sat May 23, 2020 11:31 am

The crow, possessing some demonic level of aim, is now buried to its neck in one of Hanzou's rations.

Played by GM Bakuriel

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Sat May 23, 2020 11:36 am

"Oh, skeet hello." He smiled broadly. "The dried plum riitees is pretty good."

Crow

Post by Crow » Sat May 23, 2020 11:41 am

The bird froze for a brief second, then began rooting around frantically until it found the aforementioned plums and plucked one free, digging into it gleefully.

Played by GM Bakuriel

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Sat May 23, 2020 11:47 am

"Good choice. kichi." he laughed.

Jin

Post by Jin » Sat May 23, 2020 4:03 pm

For a moment Jin thought there might be danger, and then that the beasts of this forest must be mighty strange indeed, then he took a closer look at the creature the younger man was talking to. He was no expert on animals but it seemed familiar. Where had he seen it... the court room?

"Is that the crow that Shinsei brought with him?"

He looked around for the ascetic from a few days back.

Description

Return to “The Clearing”