Tell Me Your Story (D3, LM, Open)

Hanzou

Re: Tell Me Your Story (D3, LM, Open)

Post by Hanzou » Sat May 23, 2020 10:33 pm

"Shinsei?" he looked back at Jin. "Who sreek is he?"
Stranger ~ Shugenja ~ Water ~ Archer ~ Hunter ~ Healer ~ Spirit Talker ~ Small ~ Wary ~ Ennui
Glory 2 ~ Reputation 4 ~ Status 1

Carries: Yumi, Arrows, Aiguchi, Lantern, Water, Medicine Kit, Jade (4/7)

Jin

Post by Jin » Sat May 23, 2020 10:40 pm

"A man advising the Kami. He seems to have much knowledge of the realms and the dangers we might face."
Ki-Rin • Jin Family Daimyo • Experienced • Shugenja • Healer • Martyr • Cartographer • Missing Eye • Missing Hand • Jade

Carries: Ashigaru armor, robes, tanto, medicine kit, bundle of scrolls and maps, finger of jade.

Description

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Sat May 23, 2020 11:02 pm

"Oh, I wonder if he would know about chaitt this cycle." He looked back down at the crow. "What do you think scree little friend?"
Stranger ~ Shugenja ~ Water ~ Archer ~ Hunter ~ Healer ~ Spirit Talker ~ Small ~ Wary ~ Ennui

Crow

Post by Crow » Sat May 23, 2020 11:08 pm

The crow made a noise that might have been an affirmation, tossed a bare pit to the ground, then began diving for more plums.
Crow + Birb + Mischievous

Played by GM Bakuriel

Jin

Post by Jin » Sat May 23, 2020 11:14 pm

"He is certainly one I should speak to eventually, yes."

Jin looks to the crow, "You may wish to save some for later. Our journey is long and I suspect fruit will be rarer the further south we head."
Ki-Rin • Jin Family Daimyo • Experienced • Shugenja • Healer • Martyr • Cartographer • Missing Eye • Missing Hand • Jade

Carries: Ashigaru armor, robes, tanto, medicine kit, bundle of scrolls and maps, finger of jade.

Description

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Sat May 23, 2020 11:25 pm

"He's right." Hanzou agreed. "I'll save what I can for you schrictch, but it would be best if you not eat it all at once."

Crow

Post by Crow » Sat May 23, 2020 11:41 pm

The crow puffed up indignantly, having grabbed three more plums, but huffed and put two back. It still started in on the third.
Crow + Birb + Mischievous

Played by GM Bakuriel

Jin

Post by Jin » Sat May 23, 2020 11:48 pm

Jin laughs slightly despite his earlier concerns, "Well I guess that shows they do understand us."

Description

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Sun May 24, 2020 12:24 am

"One of my kin could probably hreech understand crow." He shrugged. "My ability is to thrict to understand the spirits and creatures of the realms."

Jin

Post by Jin » Sun May 24, 2020 12:28 am

Jin scratches his chin again, "Do different realms have different languages? I know the Kami do but does it vary by realm?"

Description

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Sun May 24, 2020 12:54 am

"There are common spirit languages shreech." he nodded. "But most types of spirit tchitch have their own, gaki, baku, mujina, kitsune, yorei, toshigokujin, skrak kenku and more."

Jin

Post by Jin » Sun May 24, 2020 12:58 am

"Interesting. Interesting. Are the ways to return them to their homes as varied as well? Or are there rituals or methods that apply to many or all?"

Description

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Sun May 24, 2020 1:29 am

"The koumori do chish have rituals for the more difficult and dangerous ones." he nodded. "But, many skleek just need guidance."

Jin

Post by Jin » Sun May 24, 2020 1:31 am

The man nods, "Understandable. There is no need for force when words can do the job. If we encounter any unwilling for the peaceful path, and I fear we shall, have you learned any of these rites?""

Description

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Sun May 24, 2020 1:40 am

He shook his head. "My mother is koumori, but it kreesh isn't their magic I've learned. My teacher has tried to teach me spirit magic, scraaa but it doesn't translate easily to elemental magic."

Jin

Post by Jin » Sun May 24, 2020 1:42 am

"Unfortunate but understandable." Another nod, "Are there any lessons regarding fighting hostile spirits you have learned? Our warriors may have need of them."

Description

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Sun May 24, 2020 2:07 am

"It depends on the spirit, but chirk it's best to keep a distance if possible." he reached back to touch his unstrung yumi. "Just being near some can be straark harmful."

Jin

Post by Jin » Sun May 24, 2020 2:16 am

"Always wise advice when possible."

The one-eyed sorcerer begins to rise from his sitting position, for the first time noticing the slight stature of the younger man, and begins to rummage through a satchel of paper at his side. Eventually he withdraws a full piece of parchment that was yet unmarked. He hated using them for anything but final maps or scrolls but this felt important enough.

He slowly circles the stone, squinting at the faint markings that worked across it. Unable to judge, giving the alien tongue, which parts were more legible than others he eventually decided on a piece where the grooves were the deepest into the stone and hoped that meant they were the most intact. Holding the parchment over that place he looked over to Hanzou.

"Could I ask for a moment of assistance? I could manage it on my own but," he holds up the stump of his right hand, "It would take longer than having a spare hand."

Description

Hanzou

Post by Hanzou » Sun May 24, 2020 2:33 am

"Of course." he nodded. "Whatever shrooot you need."

Jin

Post by Jin » Sun May 24, 2020 2:44 am

"If you can just hold the parchment in place." Once it was secured his good hand produced a stick of charcoal. Instead of using the tip, as one would for writing, he flipped it lengthwise and began rubbing it vigorously over the parchment. He had made the paper, he knew its limits, so it was better he do this part of the task. Too light and nothing would copy, too hard and the parchment might be ruined, it required just the right pressure.

After a few minutes work the parchment was black... except where the depressions of the alien writing had yielded negative space. It was far from a perfect replica, not that he was familiar enough with the tongue to notice minor smudged errors, but it would do.

"Thank you."

Description

Return to “The Clearing”