Moonsong Glade (EN, D3)

Ninube

Re: Moonsong Glade (EN, D3)

Post by Ninube » Tue May 26, 2020 9:32 am

Ninube gives a nod of approval. "Good. I don't know how many people know yet." After the important stuff is out of the way, "Can I ask what was that song you were singing?"
Spider Clan * "Scout" * Unloved By Her Ancestors

Items: Bronze Sword * Jade * Ashigaru Armor (when scouting and such) * Mask (when scouting and such) * Lucky Cricket in Cage (during down time)

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Tue May 26, 2020 9:37 am

"An old poem for fallen soldiers."

Ryoko gazed at the stone, sadly. "I don't know why... it just felt right. The elders taught it to me - it was written when they were young, hundreds of years ago, before the tribe even began to be..."
Takemori :: Master of Ceremonies :: Voice :: Horned Girl :: Music Lover :: Jealous
Resources: Twin Tonfa, Dai-Tsuchi, Morin Khuuru, Jade-Flower Glove, Tago the drummer.
Profile :: Themes

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Tue May 26, 2020 9:56 am

"well, let's hope there will be little need for that song at the end of this." Ninube paused. "Wait did you say your elders were young hundreds of years ago?"

Items: Bronze Sword * Jade * Ashigaru Armor (when scouting and such) * Mask (when scouting and such) * Lucky Cricket in Cage (during down time)

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Tue May 26, 2020 10:09 am

"Yes."

Ryoko quirked her head. "The elders of the second caravan are ogres."
Takemori :: Master of Ceremonies :: Voice :: Horned Girl :: Music Lover :: Jealous
Resources: Twin Tonfa, Dai-Tsuchi, Morin Khuuru, Jade-Flower Glove, Tago the drummer.

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Tue May 26, 2020 10:13 am

"Oh. I had no idea ogres lived that long. That's interesting. Do you grow up like humans or do you stay children longer?"

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Tue May 26, 2020 10:41 am

"I think they grow up a little slower, but once they are grown, they don't die of old age."

She sighed. "I'm not an ogre... not fully. I may live long, but I will not live forever." She honestly didn't know how old half-ogres lived, none she knew had died of old age - always falling to bandits, disease, or natural disasters.

"I don't know... but some day perhaps I will find out."

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Tue May 26, 2020 10:57 am

So ogres and humans can have children? That's interesting. "I see." Ninube blushes. "I am sorry if I was rude. I am.... trying to learn more about the world. I would like to learn more about your people. I have traveled much, but I never ran into a tribe that included ogres."

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Tue May 26, 2020 11:35 am

"I didn't realize it was quite so rare... now I realize perhaps we are the only one."

Ryoko toyed with a strand of hair, momentarily distracted from the itching on her forehead. "I know in the past ogres were powerful, conquering warriors. Until they escaped slavery and met our tribe... those who stay with us were not interested in humans... they did not think humans capable of more than fleeing in terror. When that changed... so did they."

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Tue May 26, 2020 11:48 am

"Oh? How did they change their mind on that? Was there a certain thing that happen? Or did it just happen over time as they got know the humans?"

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Wed May 27, 2020 12:56 am

"When they first came they tried to drive the tribe away, to take their food and herds for themselves... but they were weak from a lifetime of slavery. They were repelled."

A soft sigh, as old stories echoed in her memory. "Then the tribe held a winter festival - and the ogres, starving and desparate, tried to steal some food. To their shock, they were... welcomed to take part, if they behaved themselves. They were show pity and mercy by these humans. The festival music and food shared that winter began that process, and over time they joined and became the second caravan."

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Wed May 27, 2020 8:29 am

If Ryoko could see Ninube's face clearly, she would see Ninube's usual carefree affect soften into a smile. "That... sounds really lovely. Your tribe sounds wonderful." Ninube considers what her path would have taken if she ran into them, especially after she got chased out of her village. After a moment, "May I ask what brings you here? I mean, I thank you for helping out. Fu Leng is my god now so I am glad everyone is here, but I dunno. Your tribe sounds pretty nice. I would think I would have stayed with them."

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Wed May 27, 2020 10:33 pm

"We do allow strangers to join."

Ryoko smiled warmly, despite the ache, and added, "I don't know about gods, but this Fu Leng must be impressive indeed, if he merits such a dangerous journey and such loyalty. I look forward to meeting him."

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Thu May 28, 2020 11:19 am

"Yeah. I mean, I haven't met him. Most I know, I heard from Reiko and Shinjo. But he sounds like someone I can be happy to serve. If the world is changing, it's best to try to make your own place in it." She looks at Ryoko. "Is that why you are here? Are you one of ones here checking out what these new Clan things are? Are you looking for one to join?"

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Thu May 28, 2020 10:00 pm

"I'm learning about them... seeing if there will be a way for my tribe to endure their coming."

She sighed. "It sounds like lots of tribes are vanishing, absorbed by these clans, and I was worried about my own."

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Fri May 29, 2020 3:51 am

"Well, I don't think that is a bad thing if it happens now. I mean, I not from a tribe. Or I forgot which one. But the way I see is the tribes joining the Clans stand to shape it. The Clans are like big new tribes. Once they have been around for a while, they will be hard to change. But the tribes joining now will be able to make the Clans more like them."

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Fri May 29, 2020 4:04 am

"I guess, but my tribe isn't... like many others."

She sighed. "I don't know. I guess I'll find out."

With the growing discomfort in her head, she added, "I think, perhaps, I should get back and sleep. I think whatever happened has really messed with my head."

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Fri May 29, 2020 4:50 am

"Well... I think I get it, but come to the Spider lands. Even if your tribe decides not to join the Spider or any Clan, it wouldn't hurt to have friendly relations with the Clans." Ninube thought a friendship could go quite well with a wandering tribe.

"Well, goodnight Ryoko. I hope to talk to again sometime."

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Fri May 29, 2020 5:49 am

"Yes, perhaps when things are less... mysterious."

Ryoko gave a little wave, and then started back to camp, rubbing at her forehead.

What on earth was wrong with her...

/exit

Return to “The Clearing”