[Day 3, Early Morning] On the Road Again (Open)

Jiyo Sora

[Day 3, Early Morning] On the Road Again (Open)

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri May 22, 2020 4:21 pm

Sora peered up at the platform- as he urinated on the trunk of one of the tree.

True, it was a bit crowded, but the expedition otherwise reminded him a lot of his time with the Hikaru.

Only now, there was a purpose.

He finished up with the first biolo0gical need of the day, and then, fishing a piece of dried hare out of his obi, he got about the second.

Going to be a long day.

Especially with Saruko's efforts to be... helpful making the rounds.

She's my friend and I love her, which is why I'm going to kill her as painlessly as I can.

Plus, he'd gotten wind of the methods used on the Seidou to get the expedition supplied, and while he personally valued the tribe as a whole less than the steam off of his early morning piss, the fact of the matter was, he needed to do something about it.

For making me apologize to Hida and Anjing on the Emperor's behalf, I will have blood.

He looked away from the platform, enjoying the brief moment of solitude he'd managed.
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Reiko

Re: [Day 3, Early Morning] On the Road Again (Open)

Post by Reiko » Fri May 22, 2020 4:47 pm

It was more difficult to hear a walking stick in a forest, so her usual giveaway was less likely to be noticed. Reiko had just intended to try and view this weird up a tree post that someone had mentioned. Finding a friend (she knew the shape of Sora well enough from the time they'd spent) she spoke up. Sora would recognize the voice instantly, and his solitude shattered.

"You know, if you wanted a wife, you could have just asked me to find you one. There's plenty of unmarried women in the Spider" there was a clear hint of teasing in her voice, as she bowed to the man.

"It's good to see you. Well, as much as I can see you. Luckily my memory is better than my eyes."
Spider Clan * Temporary Clan Champion * Reiko family Daimyo * Former Isawa Tribe * Shugenja * Prophet * Bride of Fu Leng * Fire * Bad (blood?) Eyesight * Well Educated * Experienced * Kami Speak * profile
Equipment: Diviner sticks, Yari and Ashigaru armour(when allowed), Walking Stick (bo), Jade, writing tools

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Fri May 22, 2020 4:57 pm

He chuckled and returned the bow, pointedly showing her the greater deference her station nominally called for, although the exact nuance might have been lost on her, since it was a visual cue.

"I fear we must lay that rumor at the feet of Togashi Saruko, Sensei. It has the feel of her sort of... efforts."

A pause.

"And if you're spared the sight of me after two nights back on the road, well, we must count you as fortunate!"

He approached the lady of the Spider more closely, to let her pick up on any visual cues he offered more easily.

"I hope the turnout for this expedition met your expectations. You deserve some satisfaction after five years of tireless work, after all."
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Fri May 22, 2020 9:51 pm

"It does feel like it, doesn't it. We'll have to think of a way to pay her back" Reiko chuckled, before smiling warmly "you speak ill of your appearance, but I'm just happy to see a dear friend again, even if he is a blurry shape. I had a feeling you would come, so thank you" she bowed to the man.

"I'm very glad this is happening. So many have answered the call, I know Fu Leng feels it as well. We can finally rescue him, and he can return to me...us...everyone. I'm sure his brothers and sisters more than anyone will be happiest."

She closed her eyes a moment, bringing a hand to her chest.
Spider Clan * Temporary Clan Champion * Reiko family Daimyo * Former Isawa Tribe * Shugenja * Prophet * Bride of Fu Leng * Fire * Bad (blood?) Eyesight * Well Educated * Experienced * Kami Speak * profile
Equipment: Diviner sticks, Yari and Ashigaru armour(when allowed), Walking Stick (bo), Jade, writing tools

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Fri May 22, 2020 11:16 pm

A rustle in the underbrush, and another figure slipped into view. She caught sight of the both of them, and began to draw near, those piercing eyes regarding Jiyo first and Reiko second. Both people she'd known, both she'd assumed were a little... busy for her at the moment. But now they weren't quite so occupied, so while she'd been making her morning rounds, she drew up to them and nodded to each. Bows... weren't something she'd gotten used to yet, and likely wouldn't be something this side of hell.

"Morning, lowlander," she said, her voice full of gravelly mirth as she nodded specifically over at Sora. "Good to see you're still kicking around somewhere. Been a while." She turned and nodded respectfully to Reiko. "Miss. Quite the little band you've managed to swing together for this."
Disciple of Shinsei * Experienced Phi * Disturbing Countenance * Former Rappa
Status - 1.0, Reputation - "What is Expected," Glory - 2.0
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Profile * Theme Song * It's pronounced "Fee" * (The safe word is "Sea Cucumber")

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sat May 23, 2020 3:18 am

"Shiba wanted to be here too... you can blame Yuzuru and myself for talking him out of it."

And then Phi put in an appearance!

"Did... did some mountain-dwelling squirrel just chatter at us, Reiko? I... think I distinctly heard a bit of squeaking, haven't heard it since the old days..."

He grinned at the stealthy Hikaru.

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Sat May 23, 2020 9:23 pm

"I'm not surprised to hear that Shiba wanted to be here, he told me so himself a few short years ago. Thank you though for talking him out of it, he has much to do in this realm, let alone another one."

Then another person approached, and she smiled when she recognized the voice. Bowing to Phi.

"You came. Thank you Phi-san."

There was a frown at Sora's comments, the girl starting to say "that seems a little..." then pausing. Visual queues were very hard for her to see after all, but she got the hint after a moment.

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Sun May 24, 2020 1:38 am

She barked out a laugh. "You could at least call me a badger. I think it's more fitting," she said with a snicker pretty obvious in her voice while she glanced over at Reiko and nodded. "Forgive us, Reiko. It's been years, but I remember this uncouth oaf from the days when he was in the mountains. Hopefully his days below the pass haven't made him too soft."

She nodded back to him. "It is probably best this Shiba isn't here, yes. Too much a target, that one. We're already a big target as is." That, and the empire depended on its emperor, yeah yeah, but she hadn't quite gotten behind that just yet. "You've been moving up in the world I see."
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Profile * Theme Song * It's pronounced "Fee" * (The safe word is "Sea Cucumber")

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun May 24, 2020 3:22 am

"Up and out, up and out. And so, it seems, have you. Glad you're here- Reiko could use some help that doesn't chatter all day like I do these days."

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Sun May 24, 2020 3:31 am

"Your boy Ayumu's a chatterbox. Just saying." Seriously, she had to get that one off of her chest before it absolutely exploded. By her standards, he went a mile a minute. She could produce a volume when she needed to, but he was definitely a talker.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Sun May 24, 2020 4:02 am

That got a chuckle.

"Careful, that's another former Isawa like Reiko you're talking about. Or maybe he's just sweet on you?"

The evil grin was no doubt invisible to Reiko.

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Sun May 24, 2020 8:46 pm

"The Isawa are known for talking excessively sometimes on a subject that they have a vested interest in" Reiko commented idly, a smile on her lips "I'm sure Sora-san would say the same about me from our many lessons together."

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Mon May 25, 2020 12:20 pm

"Never was quite so much a talker. That hasn't changed much." She could talk, when she needed to, but talking was for conveying information and Ayumu seemed to wish to... socialize for lack of a better word, and Phi did that through other pursuits. She chuckled again and nodded, looking over at the two of them, and then at Reiko with a little worry etching her face. "I hope for his sake he's not 'sweet' on me. Boy looks as soft as a kitten."

Turning to Reiko, she grunted. "I wanted to thank you. Apparently... few brought jade. Our talks, when last we met. I brought what I could afford." It concerned her a bit that it was as rare as it was right now. A potential liability and weakness.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Mon May 25, 2020 4:08 pm

"I think he might surprise you when it comes to trouble... but since I doubt he's giving himself much time to be sweet on anybody, I'd also say your opinion is likely safe."

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Tue May 26, 2020 1:23 am

"You were able to procure some Jade then, Phi-san? That's good" Reiko smiled, before looking to Sora "I believe I've mentioned the importance of Jade to you also Sora-san? There are so many here that don't understand how their very souls are in danger in this venture."

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Tue May 26, 2020 1:27 am

"A single finger. It's hard to find the stuff, and we're not exactly flush with trade goods to share, but I managed one." It'd buy her some time, though she didn't know it yet. But it likely wasn't enough to completely address the real problem that was going on. "I'm not quite sure the gravity of 'we're here to rescue a god' has completely sunk in, even for me. It's a rescue mission, but it's hard to imagine doing that for something divine. So, I think nobody's considered the risks clearly enough."

Except maybe Shinjo and Hantei, and she wasn't sure then either.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue May 26, 2020 4:48 am

"Kyosei showed me a piece of jade five years ago, and I had... visions. Anyway."

He fished the single piece he carried out.

"Relatively hard to come by, but I had five years years to scare a bit up without hogging the supply."

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Tue May 26, 2020 4:48 pm

"Good, both of you" Reiko nodded "and make sure to pass that message along too. There are still many that have not got this protection, and it's important that they do. What that realm does to people, no normal mortal man could survive for long. Although I'm certain you both will be careful."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue May 26, 2020 5:12 pm

"Why, Sensei, I'm the very spirit of caution. Truly."

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Tue May 26, 2020 10:47 pm

"I... have not spoken with many since joining this body. I do not know where we can get more of it, and haven't wanted them alarmed, but I don't know that it is wise to continue that." She could admit that. At this point, they needed to know to be careful. "If you learn of any source, however small, let me know, so that it can be spread about."

Return to “Abandoned Outpost”