[D3-EA]Finding an owner(open, expecting)

Ryoshun Mai

[D3-EA]Finding an owner(open, expecting)

Post by Ryoshun Mai » Fri May 22, 2020 9:35 pm

Mai sat near the supply wagon watching people come and go and seeing who carried what. Observation might be the best answer to find who could wield her weapons. On her lap sat a rather wicked looking thing.
Ryoshun Family* Artisan * Cursed!
Status - 1.0, Reputation - What is Expected, Glory - 3.5
Wears/Carries:
Light Armor, Sturdy Clothing, tanto, yari, whetstone, Blacksmith's hammer, inherited carving knife, 8 shark teeth

Ongaku no Ryoko

Re: [D3-EA]Finding an owner(open, expecting)

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Fri May 22, 2020 9:52 pm

Ryoko passed by thoughtfully, seemingly contemplative, thinking deep thoughts. She wore her usual woven garments, and carried her morin khuuru slung over one shoulder.

I wonder if I could ask for some food... would that seem greedy? I don't want them to think I'm an eating machine... but I kind of want some food...

Deep thoughts.
Takemori :: Master of Ceremonies :: Voice :: Horned Girl :: Music Lover :: Jealous
Resources: Twin Tonfa, Dai-Tsuchi, Morin Khuuru, Jade-Flower Glove, Tago the drummer.
Profile :: Themes

Ryoshun Mai

Post by Ryoshun Mai » Fri May 22, 2020 10:07 pm

Ooh, that's a pretty outfit! "A-ano, sumimasen! Do you need help?"
Wears/Carries:
Light Armor, Sturdy Clothing, tanto, yari, whetstone, Blacksmith's hammer, inherited carving knife, 8 shark teeth

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Fri May 22, 2020 11:04 pm

Ryoko started, and then turned.

Hmm, she hadn't met this one yet...

"Eto... I was just seeing how they were handling supplies... nothing important."

See, I wasn't caging the place for food, I swear.

A little wave. "I'm Ongaku no Ryoko, of the Takemori. And you?"
Takemori :: Master of Ceremonies :: Voice :: Horned Girl :: Music Lover :: Jealous
Resources: Twin Tonfa, Dai-Tsuchi, Morin Khuuru, Jade-Flower Glove, Tago the drummer.

Ryoshun Mai

Post by Ryoshun Mai » Fri May 22, 2020 11:36 pm

"Mai of the Ryoshun, Bat clan weaponsmith." She held up the strange stick with a row of wicked teeth and a slight curve to the end. "I make the instruments of pain so the fighty types can protect us. I also do repairs."
Wears/Carries:

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Sat May 23, 2020 6:53 am

"Oh, fancy."

She glanced at the frightful thing, somewhat concerned. "You make weapons alone? Does your tribe need so many?"

Shaking her head, faintly, she added "I mean, maybe you do. I wouldn't know. I'm not well versed in other tribes."

Ryoshun Mai

Post by Ryoshun Mai » Sat May 23, 2020 8:08 am

"I make them alone, yes. Sometimes I make them with Taiko. We've known each other since we were young and joined the same clan. We don't need so many, no. We trade them to other Clans in exchange for things we need or to improve our relations."
Wears/Carries:

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Sat May 23, 2020 9:34 am

"Oh, I see."

She contemplated that.

"We trade beef. I suppose we all have our talents."

Ryoshun Mai

Post by Ryoshun Mai » Sat May 23, 2020 6:15 pm

She offered the handle of the weapon to Ryoko. "Here why don't you try swinging it and see how it suits you? Where we are going I want people as best outfit as we can get them."

(It counts as a jo staff, 0k4 unbreakable)
Wears/Carries:

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Sat May 23, 2020 11:53 pm

"Uh, sure... if you are certain."

Ryoko took the stick hesitantly, holding it in her hands.

There weren't... side handles. That was unusual.

So maybe if she gripped it... back here?

Giving it a few experimental swings, she nodded. "I think I get it... I normally use these..."

She drew one of her tonfa from the sash they normally rode in, holding it in a reverse grip so the wood ran the length of her forearm.

Gesturing with a small jab, she added, "I'm not use to gripping a staff so far back... would take getting used to."

(OOC, I would have to call a raise for damage to even make use of it, so not sure if there are any strength 4 staff users in the party)

Ryoshun Mai

Post by Ryoshun Mai » Sun May 24, 2020 2:28 am

"It is yours if you wish it. If you think there may be someone better equipped to handle it on the expedition, I will hold on to it for now. Then, if such a person is not located in two days time, it will be yours."

(OOC: I don't know of any strength 4 staff users, much less any other staff users)
Wears/Carries:

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Sun May 24, 2020 2:52 am

Ryoko shrugged.

"I think it is a fine bit of work, though I admit I wouldn't mind a handle like my tonfa, I could probably learn to use this one, in time."

Glancing at the woman, she added, curiously, "Do your clan normally invent new designs? If so, I'd love to see you work some time - it must be very exciting to try new forms... I wonder how you would know which are good, and which aren't?"

Ryoshun Mai

Post by Ryoshun Mai » Sun May 24, 2020 6:31 am

"Your tonfa is a tad more defensive, yes? This weapon leans towards offense. Perhaps, for this mission you may wish to bring this with you in case the need arise. I am sure you can grow into bringing out it's full potential."

"My clan both invents new forms and perfects those already existing. Sometimes, we take what is known as a basis for a new project. Just the other day I spoke with one of the Spider clan delegation and got the inspiration for a new manner of thrown weapon. When I have more free time I will experiment and try to perfect the balance so it can become a new creation."

"The way we see what works is as I am doing now. I find a suitable user and offer them the use of the weapon. Same with any other experimental crafted item. Hearing back on results will aid me in the future. All I ask is if you end up using it, pass along a message to me of how it holds up."
Wears/Carries:

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Sun May 24, 2020 6:48 am

"I hope I will not need to use it, but if you wish, I can carry it, just in case."

Ryoko nodded.

"If so, thank you. It is generous."

Ryoshun Mai

Post by Ryoshun Mai » Sun May 24, 2020 6:49 am

((I will note it to Canary, we will both gain glory!)
Wears/Carries:

Ryoshun Mai

Post by Ryoshun Mai » Sun May 24, 2020 8:02 pm

After a few minutes as soon as was polite, Mai would sit down to carve away at a stick. She was comfortable with an audience if there were any questions. This one was about a foot long, two inches across and somewhat flat.
Wears/Carries:

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Sun May 24, 2020 11:05 pm

Ryoko squatted down, watching curiously.

She enjoyed watching people work.

Ryoshun Mai

Post by Ryoshun Mai » Mon May 25, 2020 2:40 am

Wooden curls were stripped away as she rasped a bronze knife along the flattened sides. "It'll be an Aiguchi. I am going to use the remaining teeth along the edge. Though, a wooden knife is still able to stab and cut if made properly."
Wears/Carries:

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Mon May 25, 2020 4:23 am

"Ooh. I haven't seen a wood knife before."

She contemplated that. "How do you sharpen it?"

Ryoshun Mai

Post by Ryoshun Mai » Mon May 25, 2020 9:32 pm

"You don't want it too sharp or the edge will curl and chip. At the same time, too dull is dangerous. You use a carving knife to sharpen it."
Wears/Carries:

Return to “Supply Wagon”