Paint Away (D3, LA. Open)

Togashi Saruko

Re: Paint Away (D3, LA. Open)

Post by Togashi Saruko » Mon May 25, 2020 5:50 am

Saruko smiled gently as Kinsen spoke of her son.

"Hmm... I like to paint what I see, so that I can show others what I've seen. So I figured I'd try to capture the moments of this expedition, to go along with the story of it too. It's not everyday one gets to see history in the making." She chuckled. "Well. Again, I guess. We were there five years ago to see a big moment in history when Shiba-Kami stood triumphant against my husband in the final match."

"Maybe I should paint the people here too."
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Mon May 25, 2020 6:06 am

"I think that's a great idea and a special thing to tell the story of what happens to others." Kinsen points out.
Stag Clan • Waifu • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Jade Nails • Golden Eyes • Noriaki Beast
DescriptionTheme • Reputation: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.0 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Bronze Sword, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Mon May 25, 2020 6:42 am

"Reiko is for sure someone who should appear in a painting then." She was Fu Leng's chosen, after all, and the one who had been one of the biggest drive-forces for this mission.

"I suppose I'll have to keep a closer eye on everyone, and see what happens. Heroes can come from the humblest of places." The Kami would perhaps get a feature too but so far she believed in Shinsei's words that it would be the hands of mortals that would shape destiny.
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Mon May 25, 2020 8:48 am

“Well it will be your vision of things, of course. I guess it is only fair you follow that you think is important to tell the story.” Kinsen nods.
Stag Clan • Waifu • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Jade Nails • Golden Eyes • Noriaki Beast
DescriptionTheme • Reputation: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.0 • Infamy: 1.0

Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Bronze Sword, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
TN to be recognized is 0

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Mon May 25, 2020 9:00 am

"It's something I'll have to think about." She said after a few more moments of thought. Paper wasn't in endless supply, so she'd have to carefully pick each motif.

"But!" Her mood turned more positive again. "Tell me more about your son. Genji you said his name was? That's a very nice name."

Theme 2Profile

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Mon May 25, 2020 7:15 pm

Kinsen eyes sparkle again, as she describes why she had chosen his name. “It means the source of the Clan, as well as a second beginning. I learned it from dear husband, as he taught me how to read and write. Hopefully my little boy maintains the gift after he grows up, like I did with name. But, one never knows where destiny will guide us. Saruko-sama changed hers to reflect this.”

TN to be recognized is 0

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Mon May 25, 2020 10:20 pm

"If he feels the name is right for him, I'm sure he will keep it", she said, smiling gently. "For me, it felt right... I wasn't the same person anymore that I used to be when I began this path. A new life started for me when I became Togashi's wife, and a leader in the Dragon Clan."

Theme 2Profile

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Mon May 25, 2020 10:46 pm

"I understand." Kinsen smiles back, nearly sharing the same level of change in her way of life. "In any chance, he's the most beautiful boy I've ever seen. Has much of his fathers qualities, and bear eyes like to mine. His hair is a tone darker. It may become like dear husband's when he grows up. Genji-kun is in that phase that he's challenging everything. My little rascal. That's why strict discipline is necessary."

Kinsen touches the black choker laced her neck, a symbol of her own discipline to contain energy is best used for the benefit of her family.

TN to be recognized is 0

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Mon May 25, 2020 10:56 pm

"Sounds like quite the handful," she laughed warmly, understanding of what Kinsen was talking about. "I'm sure he'll grow into a handsome and fine man. And Kenshiro is a good man, so he will teach him well too."

"Are you planning on giving him a sister or brother in the future?"

Theme 2Profile

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Mon May 25, 2020 11:11 pm

Kinsen hides her mouth from the wide smile, and her shoulders roll a bit, as she confesses. "It is a plan already in motion. I would say."

TN to be recognized is 0

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Mon May 25, 2020 11:46 pm

At first, she smiles, but then... it takes a turn for a more serious expression as she thinks about it more.

"Lady Kinsen... please don't tell me you're working on that on this mission. It could be incredibly dangerous."

Theme 2Profile

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue May 26, 2020 12:19 am

The seriousness strikes her. Kinsen narrows her eyes, not fully understanding, and asks, "Why is that dangerous?"

TN to be recognized is 0

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Tue May 26, 2020 12:25 am

"Where we're travelling towards..." she paused, trying to put her words in order first before continuing. "There is a realm of terrible evil and darkness that is holding Fu Leng trapped. As we come closer, its influence will come closer to us, and it will try to corrupt our souls."

Saruko hoped that Hantei had shared this with the Stag, or that someone else in the group had. "It's why jade is an important protection to carry with you, since it contains some of the touch of Tengoku. It can stave off the danger."

Theme 2Profile

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue May 26, 2020 12:34 am

Indeed no one in the Stag shared that knowledge... with her, at least. "I am aware the lost brother is trapped somewhere that will scar our very souls. I do not fear that at all."

She thinks a bit to herself, processing the new piece of information. "If jade is an important thing to defend ourselves, I'll get it readied so the Stag are protected. Now, as the touch of Tengoku, dear husband carries it with him."

TN to be recognized is 0

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Tue May 26, 2020 12:38 am

"It does more than scar. It is... a rot, that will never go away, but will spread over time, from what I understand. For a mother, it could mean that any child we carry in our womb would also be touched by this. Our bodies and our souls are very strongly connected, and the bond between mother and child makes them one."

She nodded understandingly. Kinsen, like her, seemed to have a touch of Tengoku from their unions with their divine spouses. "Tengoku's purity is a protection, but it isn't a perfect protection. Otherwise, Fu Leng wouldn't have needed help."

Theme 2Profile

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue May 26, 2020 12:43 am

Kinsen touches her belly with both hands. Impossible to know if the plan have had any results so far. Knowing how well it worked out the last time, Fortunes would not deny it from happening again.

She bites her lips in worry, and her mind rushes to find protection to her soul, or anything that she would have been carrying. "Thank you, Saruko-sama. I'll find jade to wear. As armor for the soul."

TN to be recognized is 0

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Tue May 26, 2020 12:46 am

Saruko placed a hand on Kinsen's shoulder, squeezing it reassuringly. "Protect yourself, and be patient, Lady Kinsen. I'm sure you and Hantei will have many opportunities to grow your blessed family more... later."

Her smile was understanding and knowing. "It's wonderful to be with the ones we love, but there is a time and a place for everything."

Theme 2Profile

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue May 26, 2020 12:49 am

"Do you know if we have any spare pieces in the camp?" She asks, specially concerned it might be too late.

TN to be recognized is 0

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Tue May 26, 2020 12:53 am

"I don't know..."

She had some choice words for Hantei now, seeing as he had been there at the meeting where Jin, Kyosei, Reiko, and Nori had stressed the importance of jade. Kinsen didn't need to know that she would have those words to say to her brother-in-law.

"Check with the ones who manage the supplies in the wagons, or speak with Hantei-Kami or Shinjo-Kami. They might know if someone have any." Saruko bit her lower lip. "If you have no luck, I will see what I can do."

Theme 2Profile

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue May 26, 2020 12:58 am

She nods again, and smiles to Saruko. Kinsen had gone to battle unarmored before. But never unblessed.

/Scene?

TN to be recognized is 0

Return to “The Camp”