(D3, EA) Forest clothes

Jiyo Ayumu

Re: (D3, EA) Forest clothes

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Mon May 25, 2020 4:51 pm

"But how is one supposed to prepare oneself to face unknown and terrible horrors? It's not exactly a thing that's easy to train against.

Do we advise we take the sage way to overcome one's fear? Being at peace with oneself, their own limitations, and the fact death comes to all?"
Imperial | Former Isawa | Bushi | Artisan | Skeletal
Outfit in camp: No weapon, no trinket (D1-D7), jade (D9+) | On patrol: Light armor, yari, bronze sword, yumi + quiver
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Reputation: What Is Expected | Description

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Mon May 25, 2020 7:07 pm

“All we have done until the moment we face it is the training. Some might be more prepared, others less. I am no sage, but as a mother, I would say: be true with your purpose to the Heavens. If this is how you best serve, go. If not, the Empire surely will need you.”
Stag Clan • Waifu • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Jade Nails • Golden Eyes • Noriaki Beast
DescriptionTheme • Reputation: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.0 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Bronze Sword, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Mon May 25, 2020 7:42 pm

"I wouldn't have come there if I hadn't thought this was where I should be.

However...

Well, my impression if that some of the non-claners are not that resolute. They came to get a good look at the gods and their entourage, not for the mission itself. It's unclear if they're fully aware of all of its stakes, and how they will react when problems will arise.

I feel like we should do something so they actually trust us instead of keeping that prudent distance, so we may trust them fully in return."
Outfit in camp: No weapon, no trinket (D1-D7), jade (D9+) | On patrol: Light armor, yari, bronze sword, yumi + quiver

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Mon May 25, 2020 7:48 pm

Kinsen nods to that. “That’s my plan. I’m worried they won’t have much to hold themselves. We could be that beacon of light in moments of potential despair. Make sure they have purpose and belong to something greater.”
Stag Clan • Waifu • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Jade Nails • Golden Eyes • Noriaki Beast
DescriptionTheme • Reputation: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.0 • Infamy: 1.0

Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Bronze Sword, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
TN to be recognized is 0

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Mon May 25, 2020 8:05 pm

"Do you have a detailed plan on how to achieve that result in mind? I guess it won't be about challenging someone to a one-on-one fight this time."

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Mon May 25, 2020 8:11 pm

Kinsen cocks her head back, and her jaws open. Was he also a mind reader?

She brings up her best argument, rather hurtful her idea was shunned even before being presented. “B-but that’s how the Kami defined their destiny here! What’s wrong with a trial by combat?”

TN to be recognized is 0

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Mon May 25, 2020 8:24 pm

"Well, who in this very expedition do you intend to challenge for once?"

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Mon May 25, 2020 8:57 pm

"Oh. I don't intend to challenge anyone. More of the contrary. I would provide all the important information about being affiliated into a Clan. If they wish to join, then I would be open for a challenge." She grins, putting hands at her waist, and confirming, "Does it make sense?"

TN to be recognized is 0

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Mon May 25, 2020 9:16 pm

"Oh. I didn't know anyone who wanted to join the Stag had to prove themselves you personally that way.

Does this requirement also apply to non-combatants?"

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Mon May 25, 2020 9:25 pm

Not being capable of lying, Kinsen raises a finger at that. "If they want my support to join the Stag, it is important they can prove themselves to me. Dear husband has other ways of accepting someone. I am merely good at convincing him."

She shrugs. "I am unsure I would know how to measure one's non combat related skills. So, I could at least, evaluate character."

TN to be recognized is 0

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Mon May 25, 2020 9:27 pm

"Seen any potential recruit you like so far?"

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Mon May 25, 2020 9:28 pm

"Oh yes. I did." She nods her head. "But I can't be too blunt and ask them to join up. It has to be something that they feel they want."

TN to be recognized is 0

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Tue May 26, 2020 1:01 am

"The Spider will steal your guys if you wait too long. They don't have such restraint.

On my side, haven't truly clicked with anyone so far. But I'm more slow burn that love at first sight, so this is to be expected."

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue May 26, 2020 1:03 am

She grins, not entirely worried about it. "It is not stealing. Don't say siuch things, Ayumu-san. Yamadono-san could have joined us, he was a Noriaki like myself. When I destroyed their leader, they joined Akodo-kami-sama and Reiko-sama in their causes. As long as the honorable people find their path alongside the Kami, I am happy."

TN to be recognized is 0

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Tue May 26, 2020 2:37 am

"That's very nice of you. Then, who would make a good Imperial recruit in your opinion?"

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue May 26, 2020 3:01 am

"Our Divine Emperor taught me how to defend myself from harm. Yet, I see so few bushi capable of doing so within the Imperial Families. So, I believe it would be wise to get those willing to that either know or teach similar skills. Not sure I saw much of those yet."

TN to be recognized is 0

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Tue May 26, 2020 4:00 am

Nod.

"I guess this expedition will naturally reveal those with a talent for preservation or self-preservation."

Staring pensively into his empty cup.

"Could I have a bit more tea if it's still hot?"

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue May 26, 2020 4:04 am

"Oh, sure..." Kinsen takes the canteen, and it is not as warm as it was before. She shrugs. "It is kind of...warm. I can make some more, if you want to wait me start a fire."

TN to be recognized is 0

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Tue May 26, 2020 4:25 am

"No need. It's my punishment for having got lost into the conversation and forgotten about it until it's too late. I'm sure a good preacher could spin a morale out of this small incident."

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Tue May 26, 2020 4:29 am

"By all means, Ayumu-san, heating water for a tea won't cost me much, and no need to punish oneself for this." Kinsen shows flint and tinder to him, and looks around to forage some wood.

She doesn't take long, and if he is still waiting –– or doesn't stop her –– she would return with things in hand to make him a fresh new batch of tea.

/Scene?

TN to be recognized is 0

Return to “The Camp”