Healing the Spider (d3 EE)

Reo

Healing the Spider (d3 EE)

Post by Reo » Sun May 24, 2020 5:17 am

Reo had been hanging around the outskirts, trying to figure out more about this Spider clan before trying to make a final decision about joining.

"Wait, you don't have a healer?"

Reo doesn't bother waiting for an answer Waste of time anyway

He takes the bleeding woman's arm, pulling back the cloth to take a look. "Looks clean, I've seen more of these than I can count." Reo pours a handful of herbs out of a pouch and mixes it with the rice porridge from earlier, slathering it on the skin in a rough poultice.

Healing/Intelligence-One Raise-TN 20: 6d10o10k4 25
2d10 healing: 2d10o10k1 9 9 wounds healed
Archer | Kakita Tribe | Spider Clan | Bad Limp | Not a People Person | Healer
Yumi with lots of arrows, Light Armor, Medicine Kit, Mortar and Pestle, finger of Jade, 3 uses of jade dust

Kanna

Re: Healing the Spider (d3 EE)

Post by Kanna » Sun May 24, 2020 5:41 am

Kanna muttered as she was dragged to medical assessment by Reiko before Reiko went off to do her thing. She seemed a bit... nonplussed about the whole situation, but wasn't one to argue about minor things with her Lord. It was the big things she preferred to argue over. Not that it was too bad a situation. But at the question, she shrugged. "Don't often take wounds that won't clean up after a rest. Finding a healer hadn't seemed to necessary in the past."
Spider Clan | Reiko's Shadow | Wary | Warrior
Carries: Tetsubo, Bronze Sword, Practical Clothing, Bottle of Wine, Bottle of Beer

Reo

Post by Reo » Sun May 24, 2020 5:59 am

"Ahh, one of those "spit on it and run the lap" types ehh?" Reo snorts a little, pulling out a piece of twine and wrapping it around the poultice to keep in snug.

"Now, I can't make you listen to common sense and let it heal, especially if we are on a march. Just keep that as tight as you can, and when it comes loose come back to have me take a look. I am not in the habit of good work coming undone because someone got careless, so I better not have to chase you down." If there is any fear at speaking like this to the Champion of the clan Reo was seriously interested in joining, it's absent.

"If you can keep it clean for a day or two, you should be able to swing a sword without discomfort. Hopefully that's motivation enough."
Yumi with lots of arrows, Light Armor, Medicine Kit, Mortar and Pestle, finger of Jade, 3 uses of jade dust

Kanna

Post by Kanna » Sun May 24, 2020 6:32 am

She tests her arm, make a couple of motions like she's swinging the big fuckin' club. "Honestly," she stated with a grin, "I think like this I'll be able to swing without discomfort by morning." Nevermind that the wound would probably have taken some people out of action for near a week.
Carries: Tetsubo, Bronze Sword, Practical Clothing, Bottle of Wine, Bottle of Beer

Reo

Post by Reo » Sun May 24, 2020 6:37 am

"I'll take that as a testament to my skills." It's not quite a brag, per se, as much as it is a statement of fact. "I'm curious about how you got it. It looks like a blade wound of some kind, far too clean for some kind of bashing or an accident, but too jagged for a well sharpened blade."

Reo raises an eyebrow. "Can I expect a few more patients? To be honest, these are the kind of wounds I expected to see when I met Yamadono. He seemed like a perfectly cunning and vicious bastard...of the best kind, I assure you."

Kanna

Post by Kanna » Sun May 24, 2020 7:23 am

"It was a stone axe. Not quite sharp enough tah do damage. Guy who did it is plenty tough, I'm glad we managed to talk him outta fightin' to the death." Kanna laughed a bit. "As for other patients, I don't know if the other wounded got seen to this afternoon. I had dinner plans."

Reo

Post by Reo » Sun May 24, 2020 8:34 am

"Talked him out of it? That's a level of pragmatism that I wish I could aspire to." Reo takes one last look at his work. "If that was an axe, you definitely are lucky that it didn't impact the muscle. I wouldn't be shocked if there's bruising, but I'm much more worried about getting the cut cleaned and uninfected."

Reo moves back and sighs. "If there are others, I'll try to judge them by how much they wince moving around."

The man pauses.

"What is it like in Spider for you? I've met two of you now, Reiko and Yamadono. You are all, well, very different"

Kanna

Post by Kanna » Sun May 24, 2020 9:08 am

"Think we all joined for different reasons, too," she grinned. "I never asked Old Man Yama about his reasons, but we get on well and that's good enough. Lady Reiko treats me with a lot of kindness, which is pretty great. Though she gets huffy when I try to talk her out of doin' things sometimes. For a lady whose sight ain't the best, she sure can be pushy." A laugh escaped the Spider, unhindered by her wounds.

Riki

Post by Riki » Sun May 24, 2020 9:32 am

Not really knowing what else to do Riki followed along the imposing man watched reo work eyebrows slightly raised "Wow I see you guys have multiple healers. This is a rich tri-clan indeed." He corrected himself.

He had lagged behind and honestly gotten a little lost. The expedition camp was bigger than his tribe by a fair margin.
Former Bandit Captain - Stronk - Thicc - Greedy - Boisterous
Controlled by GM Tyrus

Reo

Post by Reo » Sun May 24, 2020 9:53 am

"Ohhhh, that explains it. I noticed that she had a hard time focusing on something outside her vision. That would explain it. Not uncommon." Reo nods looking thoughtfully at the woman.

"What about your husband?"

He stops as a big lug comes by.

"Right away. Man you got the shit kicked out of you." Reo goes to his medicine pack.

Healing/Intelligence-One Raise-TN 20: 6d10o10k4 31
2d10 healing: 2d10o10k1 9

Kanna

Post by Kanna » Sun May 24, 2020 10:04 am

'Ain't married," she shrugged her shoulders. "Not in a hurry really, either. A kid complicates the job."

She turned her head to Riki, grinning. "I did a number on the big guy here, yeah. To be fair," she pat her wounded shoulder. Inadvisable. "To be fair, he did a number on me too."

Reo

Post by Reo » Sun May 24, 2020 10:08 am

"An entirely reasonable sentiment. It's too bad though, they're missing out. It's impressive." Reo looks down and focuses on his work bandaging the man.

Riki

Post by Riki » Sun May 24, 2020 10:23 am

He nodded "Well thanks I'll be alright though nothing a couple nights of good foodand drink won't fix. Though a warm bed wouldn't hurt." he said grinning back at Kanna.

"I can't imagine too many men around here man enough to try and tie you down. If our brief exchange says anything about you."

He looks at Reo "So whats your story Healer man? you a spider or....?" he left the question dangling this whole expedition thing didn't really make sense to him yet.
Controlled by GM Tyrus

Reo

Post by Reo » Sun May 24, 2020 10:40 am

"Not yet. There are many clans who assembled here. Most of my tribe, the Kakita, went to the Crane but I really never fit in with that bunch. The Spider though, seem like my kind of people: unpretentious, brutally pragmatic but actually give a fuck about each other."

Reo finishes the dressing and looks up. "That's from the outside though. I wanted to make sure I was accepted as able to pull my own weight."

Kanna

Post by Kanna » Sun May 24, 2020 12:39 pm

"The giving a fuck is the big thing," Kanna nodded seriously. "Lady Reiko ain't that pragmatic all told. And Matsu's spoutin' some bullshit about honor. But they're family now. Same as Big Lug Riki here. And family means we stick together."

Riki

Post by Riki » Sun May 24, 2020 5:35 pm

Riki had a constant smirk as he listened to Kanna describe these spider and laughed a little when she was done "Well i know I like this one." He said clapping Kanna on her arm "and the big one I met can take a pounding so they seem strong which I can respect."
Controlled by GM Tyrus

Reo

Post by Reo » Sun May 24, 2020 8:17 pm

"Hey! No undoing my work! You can bash against each other all you like once you wounds knit." Reo raising a warning finger at the pair, focusing on the hand clamped on Kanna's arm. He suddenly seems grumpier for some reason.

"With you all going on it's a wonder that you hadn't picked up a healer already."

Return to “The Camp”