[D3 LA] - Fletch (Open, expecting)

Nozomi

Re: [D3 LA] - Fletch (Open, expecting)

Post by Nozomi » Fri May 29, 2020 7:45 am

"Nothing that large ever goes into the mountains, other than the occasional bear." She'd honestly probably scare the crap out of those things. She wasn't really good at handling animals, anymore than she was at handling people. "Heh, maybe I'll get the chance one of these days. But why'd you leave your herds in the first place? I'm sure you've heard that before."

Just like she'd heard the same question about the mountains.
Disciple of Shinsei * Experienced Phi * Disturbing Countenance * Former Rappa
Status - 1.0, Reputation - "What is Expected," Glory - 2.0
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Profile * Theme Song * It's pronounced "Fee" * (The safe word is "Sea Cucumber")

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Fri May 29, 2020 8:02 am

"I heard about these sky gods. I wanted to meet them... there is much change, and I want to make sure my tribe aren't in danger."

She sighed.

"A little bit foolish, perhaps, but I had this hope that I would be able to find a good way to make sure we get to keep living as we have."
Takemori :: Master of Ceremonies :: Voice :: Horned Girl :: Music Lover :: Jealous
Resources: Twin Tonfa, Dai-Tsuchi, Morin Khuuru, Jade-Flower Glove, Tago the drummer.
Profile :: Themes

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Fri May 29, 2020 9:39 am

"Ah... you're a bit like me then. The winds of change are coming, and I felt the need to be here as well. The Hikaru are being swept up in history," she grunted out, nodding. "I do not know if you will truly be able, but if you want to live free... talk to old Koyama. That lowlander left to chase the wind, to chase his precious Shinjo. Seems to me you might find some of what you want in that direction."

She doubted Bayushi was too big on herding, though the horns were kind of cool.
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Profile * Theme Song * It's pronounced "Fee" * (The safe word is "Sea Cucumber")

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Fri May 29, 2020 11:22 am

"Yes... but I don't know how they plan to divvy up the land they will settle in... so I don't know which of them will take the pastures we normally graze."

Ryoko rolled her eyes. "Of course, ideally, they'd leave them alone, as we've negotiated for generations, but I don't know if I can trust that to happen."
Takemori :: Master of Ceremonies :: Voice :: Horned Girl :: Music Lover :: Jealous
Resources: Twin Tonfa, Dai-Tsuchi, Morin Khuuru, Jade-Flower Glove, Tago the drummer.

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Fri May 29, 2020 12:00 pm

"It would be wise to make preparations." Because if you asked her, she was firmly in the camp that believed they fully intended to carve this empire apart one piece at a time until it was all divided up. "There are still remote areas though at least. If it comes down to it." Though by the sound of it, these herds needed a lot of ground to cover.

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Fri May 29, 2020 12:02 pm

"They need to keep moving, so we do not graze the fields bare... otherwise the grass will not grow back well in the next season."

She sighed.

"We could use less land if we did not care about the local villages, but we are careful not to destroy their fields as we travel."

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Fri May 29, 2020 9:38 pm

"You're more thoughtful than some." It was neither praise, nor was it criticism. She could have said 'you're more thoughtful than the Hikaru are' but it would have sounded like a critique of her own people that she didn't feel. The world had carrion feeders, and she was not too proud to say that her people could be exactly that at times, and buzzards were not the sort to be so thoughtful of their neighbors, but such beasts were a reality and even a need of the wilds.

Still, it was a sensible practice with herding. "There's probably some open land with few villages, but that won't last forever."

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Fri May 29, 2020 10:32 pm

"It won't... we could fence off land and declare it our ancestral right, but we are not a warrior people. We could not defend such a claim."

With a sigh, she added, dryly, "I can only hope these kami are amenable to bargaining, as that is our way."

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Sat May 30, 2020 1:02 am

"From the little I've seen? One of their few decent skills is talking people into things. So I'd say you can probably bargain with them. People say they're desperate for manpower, for people willing to work with them. Building an "empire" takes a lot of people, I suppose." She snorted a little, shaking her head. "I'm not an empire builder or a conqueror. I'm just a knife in the dark when you need one. But you're bound to be able to talk. Still... you can defend yourself, right?"

She leaned in close to look at her very pointedly. "it's going to matter soon. You know how to fight at least a little, I hope."

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Sat May 30, 2020 1:57 am

"Some. We have to know how to keep beasts and bandits away from the herd."

She looked concerned. "Do you think the Nezumi will attack us?"

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Sat May 30, 2020 7:19 am

"No. I am genuinely assuming that we can talk our way through that if it comes to it," she grunted. "We have them with us. No, I'm concerned about whatever lies out there. This whole 'jigoku' thing, the monsters we don't know yet but that we will have to face. If a god can't get out of this mess on his own, we're n for a fight at some point."

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Sat May 30, 2020 8:01 am

"Oh."

She looked glum.

"I don't really know anything about that."

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Sat May 30, 2020 8:08 am

"I'm hoping most of it falls into the category of 'Hit it until it stops moving.' You know, like bandits, only tougher." She winked over at her. "For now, though. If you can get a little defense training in, never hurts to prepare, does it?"

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Sat May 30, 2020 9:57 am

"That's true... I'll keep that in mind."

Ryoko rose, a heavy sigh slipping her lips.

"I suppose I should get going. It's been nice talking to you. Perhaps next time we'll know more about where we're headed..."

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Sat May 30, 2020 10:00 pm

"Probably. Nice chat. I'll... uh, see you around, Ryoko." Phi got up herself and nodded towards the other. There were things that needed doing, and time waited for no man or woman. A wave and she was on her way.

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Sat May 30, 2020 10:34 pm

"Next time then."

/scene

Return to “The Camp”