[D3 EA] Lunchtime Entertainment

Wu

Re: [D3 EA] Lunchtime Entertainment

Post by Wu » Sun May 24, 2020 5:13 am

The dragon chuckled

''While what you say is certainly wise, it is not what I meant...The Path to Enlightenment is more of a spiritual journey where we seek to shed the falsehoods of our lives and attain mindful oneness with the world''
Dragon Clan - Daimyo of the Wu - Black sheep of the Isawa tribe - Bushi - Spearman - Sage - Enlightened - Experienced
Equipment : In town: Ryu-yari, sturdy clothing. Outside : bronze and leather armor, Ryu-yari, Nage-Yari, Yumi

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Sun May 24, 2020 5:14 am

Taouchusu just shakes his head, not really understanding that at all.
Wanderer • Large

Carries: light armor, dai tsuchi, guqin, yumi & arrows, small knife, hatchet, jade finger

Wu

Post by Wu » Sun May 24, 2020 5:39 am

Wu steepled his fingers, trying to find a simpler way.

''It is mastery of the self, body, spirit and mind and harmony with the world''
Dragon Clan - Daimyo of the Wu - Black sheep of the Isawa tribe - Bushi - Spearman - Sage - Enlightened - Experienced
Equipment : In town: Ryu-yari, sturdy clothing. Outside : bronze and leather armor, Ryu-yari, Nage-Yari, Yumi

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Sun May 24, 2020 5:55 am

"But isn't that just what everyone always does? You get stronger or faster and learn to survive, avoid evil spirits, and get what you need from the wilds without causing damage that makes it harder to do that in the future. Probably a lot of people out there that are enlighted or working on being enlighted. Seems simple enough."
Wanderer • Large

Carries: light armor, dai tsuchi, guqin, yumi & arrows, small knife, hatchet, jade finger

Wu

Post by Wu » Sun May 24, 2020 6:06 am

''There is truth to what you say, but there is something more to it than that.'' he paused ''There is more to ourselves and the world then we know. Enlightment is to do as you say...but be able to see ourselves and the world fully''

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Sun May 24, 2020 6:16 am

"It sounds like something that would take me a lot to figure out," Taochusu says. "Not sure enlightment is for me. I just don't get it. What does it even mean if someone actually is enlighted?"
Wanderer • Large

Wu

Post by Wu » Sun May 24, 2020 6:24 am

''I think you become a better you, wisdom and all...'' he replied simply ''Everyone can walk the path...it is just difficult to explain.''

He let out a sigh

''But the path everyone takes is personnal, this is why Lord Togashi does not impose himself.''

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Sun May 24, 2020 6:28 am

"I guess that makes some sense. But I've always been more curious about the world around me than myself. That's one of the main reasons I volunteered to come with. Never been this far south and wanted to know what it's like."
Wanderer • Large

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Sun May 24, 2020 6:52 am

After listening for some time, Satone chimes in.

“So, he has gathered followers and tribes together and called them the Drafon, but has changed nothing in any of their ways? No rules, no attempt to override their methods? “

“That seems like a pretty good deal compared to some of the others. “
Seidou Tribe|Bushi|Large|Strength of the Earth|Blessed by the Earth|Kharmic Tie|Doubt|True Love|Bad Eyesight
Carries: Light Armor, Dai Tsuchi wrapped in blessed rope, Blacksmithing Gear, Jade pendant, 7 uses of jade dust oil
Bodyguard for Seidou Haruyo

Wu

Post by Wu » Sun May 24, 2020 8:05 am

Taochusu wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 6:28 am
"I guess that makes some sense. But I've always been more curious about the world around me than myself. That's one of the main reasons I volunteered to come with. Never been this far south and wanted to know what it's like."
''Knowledge of the world is important indeed, you are right in exploring it. The meditation with an inward focus may help appreciate it more though.'' he tilted his head ''But perhaps you are already travelling your own path of enlightment. You do seem wiser then most.''
Seidou Satone wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 6:52 am
After listening for some time, Satone chimes in.

“So, he has gathered followers and tribes together and called them the Drafon, but has changed nothing in any of their ways? No rules, no attempt to override their methods? “

“That seems like a pretty good deal compared to some of the others. “
''More or less, yes. People are welcome to join either the familes of Wu and Saru or the order of tattooed monks but are not forcefully recruited. Peaceful coexistence is usually what is asked.''

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Sun May 24, 2020 8:12 am

"Out of all the Kami so far, this Togashi sounds the most reasonable. Though I wonder, if he is not asking people to change at all, then what does he gain from having a Clan? And, in the same token, what benefits do others get from becoming part of the clan? It seems like a bunch of folks agreed to be friends to each other, but we can do that now without needing to change our names or say we follow someone."
Seidou Tribe|Bushi|Large|Strength of the Earth|Blessed by the Earth|Kharmic Tie|Doubt|True Love|Bad Eyesight
Carries: Light Armor, Dai Tsuchi wrapped in blessed rope, Blacksmithing Gear, Jade pendant, 7 uses of jade dust oil

Wu

Post by Wu » Sun May 24, 2020 8:43 am

''Good question. Like I said, Togashi was not interessed in making his clan or getting followers. When I swore allegiance the first time he flat out refused...but he realised that, while he was not interested to rule, people would still seek him for guidance and to follow in his steps. At first the clan was just a way to accomodate, house and organise those who would come to him. The rest mosly grew around that.''

He finished his meat before continuing

''The presence of a god and his followers bring a certain level of security and stability in the region he is settles himself in and that is not different for ours, more so considering his contemplative and non-aggressive nature.''

He paused

''His monks can also breathe fire so that helps keeping bandits away.''

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Sun May 24, 2020 10:18 am

"Now that I have to see. If I got some sort of power for following one of these, I would be much more willing to. Wouldn't you agree, muscle music man?"

She looks to Taochusu, a bit of admiration...or lust...in her eyes.

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Sun May 24, 2020 10:21 pm

One of things Taochusu couldn't do was read people's feelings. Just didn't have enough experience with others to understand such things.

"I mean, breathing fire sounds interesting, but maybe a little painful too? Swinging my hammer at people only hurts them, and not me," he says with a chuckle.
Wanderer • Large

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Sun May 24, 2020 10:36 pm

Satone lets out a bawdy laugh.

"I couldn't agree more. There's something comforting and simply about hitting things with a large hunk of metal."

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Sun May 24, 2020 10:50 pm

He nods at that.

"Sounds a bit like the Dragons and the Bats have that in common a bit. Since the Bat god isn't really around to tell their people what to do either. Both of those clans are going to grow without their gods telling them how to do it."
Wanderer • Large

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Mon May 25, 2020 12:10 am

"How did the Bat even come to be? They say they are following a dead god? That doesn't seem like it makes sense to me. And the Spider...what if we are too late? Five years is a long time to be trapped somewhere..."

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Mon May 25, 2020 4:01 am

"I couldn't tell you for sure. All I know is someone said something about one of them marrying the dead god. Probably not a choice I would have gone with, but if I could explain everything everyone did then I'd probably have joined a tribe long ago."
Wanderer • Large

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Mon May 25, 2020 6:15 am

“Hmm.”

Satone grunts in response.

“Whatever works for people I suppose

Wu

Post by Wu » Mon May 25, 2020 7:46 am

Wu was pensive for a moment.

''From what I know from the tournament'' he began ''A member of the seppun tribe who was a medium contacted the spirit of Ryoshun, the eldest of the sibling who died before they were freed. The god's death was so violent that even the memory of him was stripped from the mind of all the remaining gods. Some people began to bring back his memory and Seppun Nazo, now Ryoshun Nazo, formed a clan in his name.''

He paused

''His passing was a tragedy to be sure...but...'' he shook his head ''Well that is the story.''

Return to “The Camp”