[D3 EA] Lunchtime Entertainment

Taochusu

[D3 EA] Lunchtime Entertainment

Post by Taochusu » Sat May 23, 2020 8:30 am

Taochusu finished off some dried fish, eating it bone and all, then washed it down with some water. After finishing his lunch he pulled out his guqin and began playing for the entertainment of the others gathered for food in the camp. As usual, thoughts of his mother filled his thoughts as soon as he laid hands on the instrument, but he pushed them aside as best he could.

The pieces he played, while not overly complex, were improved by a very intimate understanding of how to make this particular instrument work for him. The sounds coming from the guqin were equally mellow and rich, hopefully making it easy to relax and enjoy a meal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSRw3ZSd4gk

----

Lost Love activated by his guqin, VP spent to clear his mind.

D3 EA, Perform: Guqin / Agility, Inheritance +1k1, -10 for 2 CR: 7d10o10k5-10 26 with 2 called raises
Wanderer • Large

Carries: light armor, dai tsuchi, guqin, yumi & arrows, small knife, hatchet, jade finger

Wu

Re: [D3 EA] Lunchtime Entertainment

Post by Wu » Sat May 23, 2020 9:03 am

A man in a simple green kimono was walking by with a bowl of simple oats and a stick of dried meat when the sound of an instrument was heard nearby. He listened for a second then chose to take a seat nearby, wishing to ear the music until the end.
Dragon Clan - Daimyo of the Wu - Black sheep of the Isawa tribe - Bushi - Spearman - Sage - Enlightened - Experienced
Equipment : In town: Ryu-yari, sturdy clothing. Outside : bronze and leather armor, Ryu-yari, Nage-Yari, Yumi

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Sat May 23, 2020 9:41 am

The guqin player finished up his song and began plucking the strings in a simple repeating pattern to fill space until he decided on what he would play next.
Wanderer • Large

Carries: light armor, dai tsuchi, guqin, yumi & arrows, small knife, hatchet, jade finger

Wu

Post by Wu » Sat May 23, 2020 11:13 am

Wu laid down his bowl and gave a polite applause when the melody ended.

"You master your instrument well"
Dragon Clan - Daimyo of the Wu - Black sheep of the Isawa tribe - Bushi - Spearman - Sage - Enlightened - Experienced
Equipment : In town: Ryu-yari, sturdy clothing. Outside : bronze and leather armor, Ryu-yari, Nage-Yari, Yumi

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Sat May 23, 2020 11:36 am

"Well, need something to do when traveling alone. If you don't do something fun you just go crazy," he says, continuing the mindless strumming. "So I've practiced a bit."
Wanderer • Large

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Sat May 23, 2020 11:57 am

Nearby, Satone sits and listens to the performance and closes her eyes in appreciation. At the completion of the song and the start of conversation, she looks to the pair, but at the moment seems content just listening to them interact, letting the steady, repetitive strumming be her conversation.
Seidou Tribe|Bushi|Large|Strength of the Earth|Blessed by the Earth|Kharmic Tie|Doubt|True Love|Bad Eyesight
Carries: Light Armor, Dai Tsuchi wrapped in blessed rope, Blacksmithing Gear, Jade pendant, 7 uses of jade dust oil
Bodyguard for Seidou Haruyo

Wu

Post by Wu » Sat May 23, 2020 9:17 pm

''You are used to travel alone?'' Wu asked, curious an reflecting on his own travellling days. ''Alone the road is long indeed''

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Sat May 23, 2020 9:23 pm

"I am. That's how I've lived most of my life," he says with a nod. "It's just the way it is when you lose your tribe."

His fingers keep plucking away, not doing anything too complex.

"I'm Taochusu. Who are you?" he asks curiously.
Wanderer • Large

Wu

Post by Wu » Sat May 23, 2020 9:31 pm

''I am Wu, formely of the Isawa but now of the Dragon clan, and follower of Togashi'' he said, inclining his head in respect ''I walked the world alone as well when I left my tribe but I was lucky enough to find other travellers in time.'

He smiled

''It is a pleasure to meet you''

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Sat May 23, 2020 9:50 pm

"Pleasure to meet you too," he replies, returning the smile.

"This was a favorite of my father. He'd always ask my mother to play it," he says as he begins another song.

----

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiCi6-MpoRc

D3 EA, Perform: Second Guqin / Agility, Inheritance +1k1, -10 for 2 CR: 7d10o10k5-10 47
Wanderer • Large

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Sat May 23, 2020 10:17 pm

Satone continues to listen with her eyes closed, a smile crossing her features.
Seidou Tribe|Bushi|Large|Strength of the Earth|Blessed by the Earth|Kharmic Tie|Doubt|True Love|Bad Eyesight
Carries: Light Armor, Dai Tsuchi wrapped in blessed rope, Blacksmithing Gear, Jade pendant, 7 uses of jade dust oil
Bodyguard for Seidou Haruyo

Wu

Post by Wu » Sat May 23, 2020 11:24 pm

Wu picks up his bowl and listens carefully to the new music

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Sun May 24, 2020 12:10 am

After finishing up he started strumming again.

"So, what is this Togashi like?"
Wanderer • Large

Wu

Post by Wu » Sun May 24, 2020 12:39 am

What was Togashi like? Wu chewed his meat slowly while thinking of how he could answer

''Different'' he said first ''The first think that impacted me when I met him was how different from his brothers and sisters he was.'' he sat straight, delving into his memory

''When we first met them all of the gods were, actively busy introducing themselves and making show of who they were and what they could bring to us. Well, all except for Togashi. The others seemed very interested into getting followers and disciples but he just sat away from everything, alone and silent, contemplating the last snowfall of the season.''

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Sun May 24, 2020 12:43 am

He continued strumming while nodding at that. "Well, sounds like he was offering to bring a bit of quiet then," he said with a chuckle. "Not so bad an offer. So he's just a quiet person that thinks a lot then?"
Wanderer • Large

Shinjo Miuna

Post by Shinjo Miuna » Sun May 24, 2020 2:11 am

Miuna and Aono entered partway through the second performance, grabbed some lunch and sat nearby. As Miuna ate, she directed her attention to Taochusu and the man with him. They seemed to be discussing one of the kami, Togashi. She followed along with the discussion, able to just make out the words. She took in the description and pondered it a bit. Each of the kami were different, but all had at least some similarities. She thought about Fu Leng now, and wondered if he was doing okay.

Read Lips, 10', TN15: 3d10o10 17
Ki-Rin • Blessed by Tengoku • Dangerous Beauty • Deaf • Feisty
• Shugenja • Small • Soft-hearted

Miuna | Aono | Description

Wu

Post by Wu » Sun May 24, 2020 2:43 am

He nodded ''You are not wrong, Lord Togashi moves at his own pace. He was initially uninterested in doing the tournament or forming his clan like everyone else...and for that reason he does not involve himself all that much. I think he is content to let thing flourish on their own, intervening only when his help is needed or seeked.''

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Sun May 24, 2020 4:42 am

"That seems a bit... like chaos? If he doesn't get involved then how does your clan know what to do?" he asks. "Does he at least talk to his own clan?"
Wanderer • Large

Wu

Post by Wu » Sun May 24, 2020 4:52 am

Wu could not help but grin.

''It can be difficult at time, I admit, and we are not growing at the same rate as the Lion but we are managing well. While the kami hold great knowledge and wisdom, we humans have our own as well. I guess Lord Togashi recognises this and lets us become into our own rather then try to mold us a replica of the world he left. He does not do nothing, however. He does provide wisdom when we need it and is teaching the first Ise zumi.''

He pauses

''We both walk the path to enlightenment. So I guess this is only consequent to it.''

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Sun May 24, 2020 4:58 am

"Enlightment? Like a well lit path? Probably makes walking at night easier. But you get used to being in the dark eventually, when you've done it enough. That's why I don't like having big fires at night. Small ones are good enough and your eyes adjust better when it goes out."
Wanderer • Large

Return to “The Camp”