[Day 3 - EE] Of Spiders and Crane

Nanzi

[Day 3 - EE] Of Spiders and Crane

Post by Nanzi » Sat May 23, 2020 7:23 am

Jigutsuji and Nanzi approached the tents of the Spider and their Champion. He was dressed in his usual travel finery so only a few layers, but still looking regal and resplendent as was proper. He made sure to have Jigutsuji provide aid to the blind seer in case she wished for it as he guided her to a not as blind seer in the Spider.

What was it with the mystical arts lack of sight?
Family Daimyo | Sexy DILF | Dark Skin | Doji's Husband | Prodigy | Divine Tongue | Oni Daddy
Status: 7.0 | Glory: 9.0 | Infamy: 0 | Reputation: Untrustworthy | Description | Theme
Possessions: Doji's Favor (Sword), Sword, Luxurious Clothes, Light Armor, Doji's Fan, Jade Finger Necklace
Supporting Staff: Doji Jigutsuji, Nanzi Jongwun, Raven on shoulder

Shoji Haka

Re: [Day 3 - EE] Of Spiders and Crane

Post by Shoji Haka » Sat May 23, 2020 8:04 am

Haka follows along, moving much more easily with someone to guide her.
Shoji Tribe • Shaman • Blind • Enlightened • Earth • Void • Haunted

Glory: 2.0

I gave you blood, blood, gallons of the stuff,
I gave you all that you can drink and it has never been enough

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Sat May 23, 2020 12:40 pm

Shoji Haka wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 8:04 am
Haka follows along, moving much more easily with someone to guide her.
"Reiko-san is very knowledgeable, I feel you two will have much to speak about when it comes to spirits, living, dead... or otherwise," Nanzi said to the woman.
Family Daimyo | Sexy DILF | Dark Skin | Doji's Husband | Prodigy | Divine Tongue | Oni Daddy
Status: 7.0 | Glory: 9.0 | Infamy: 0 | Reputation: Untrustworthy | Description | Theme
Possessions: Doji's Favor (Sword), Sword, Luxurious Clothes, Light Armor, Doji's Fan, Jade Finger Necklace

Shoji Haka

Post by Shoji Haka » Sat May 23, 2020 2:04 pm

Haka nods. "This one hopes that it will be an entertaining encounter. She certainly seems like an interesting person. Did all of the fallen ones send their spouses on this expedition?"

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Sat May 23, 2020 9:09 pm

Reiko, thankfully, was not one to wander the camps. Her eyesight being as bad as it was, she often preferred to remain in one area until she had a better footing of her way around - the mornings excursion being the exception as something had appealed to her scholarly mindset. So when Nanzi and his new friend approached, they would find the woman sat outside her tent going over some notes very carefully. She hadn't heard the arrival of the two visitors.
Spider Clan * Temporary Clan Champion * Reiko family Daimyo * Former Isawa Tribe * Shugenja * Prophet * Bride of Fu Leng * Fire * Bad (blood?) Eyesight * Well Educated * Experienced * Kami Speak * profile
Equipment: Diviner sticks, Yari and Ashigaru armour(when allowed), Walking Stick (bo), Jade, writing tools

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Sat May 23, 2020 10:10 pm

"Not all, but Nanzi fulfills his oaths to friend and ally," he said proudly.

"Reiko-san," he called to the woman and added, "Nanzi brings a shaman, she is of the Shoji but she finds it rude to say her name aloud... so call her shaman Nanzi supposes. She has great ties to the dead."

"Shaman of the Shoji this one is Reiko-sama, champion of the Spider," he said to the blind Shoji seer. Jigutsuji bowed respectfully to Reiko but said nothing just observing.

Shoji Haka

Post by Shoji Haka » Sat May 23, 2020 10:42 pm

Haka stares ahead blindly. "Hello, spider woman."

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Sun May 24, 2020 5:21 am

Reiko rose slowly, turning to the two apparching people before bowing to them. She listened to Nanzi before nodding.

"Shaman of the Shoji, welcome to the camp of the Spider. It is an honour to meet you, and thank you for coming. How has your journey been?"

She smiled to Nanzi.

"Nanzi-san, it is good to see you as well. I hope you are both well."
Spider Clan * Temporary Clan Champion * Reiko family Daimyo * Former Isawa Tribe * Shugenja * Prophet * Bride of Fu Leng * Fire * Bad (blood?) Eyesight * Well Educated * Experienced * Kami Speak * profile
Equipment: Diviner sticks, Yari and Ashigaru armour(when allowed), Walking Stick (bo), Jade, writing tools

Shoji Haka

Post by Shoji Haka » Sun May 24, 2020 5:27 am

"This one's journey was successful, so far." Haka turns toward the voice. "She was told to speak with the lady of the spider, so she has come."

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Sun May 24, 2020 6:16 am

"This shaman has some interesting knowledge of the realms of the dead, her people even maintain a vigil that keeps the hungering dead from overwhelming the lands of the living. Someone of that knowledge may be of interest to the Spider," he offered.

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Sun May 24, 2020 8:48 pm

"The realms of the dead? Fascinating" Reiko looked towards the shaman "you can view into other realms? Or do your people stand watch over a portal to a realm of fallen that threatens to spill into this one? Where we are going, there is a portal waiting for us as well, although this one is perhaps worse than any other."

Shoji Haka

Post by Shoji Haka » Sun May 24, 2020 11:34 pm

"The Shoji watch over the gates that lead to the land of the dead and ensure that they remain closed," Haka says, turning toward Reiko's voice. "This one can speak with the spirits and the Great Emptiness. She has... a good deal of experience with ghosts."

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Mon May 25, 2020 5:03 am

"A valuable skill to have" Reiko nodded "I would love to learn more about this land you and yours watch over. Fu Leng, the star we are on this mission to rescue, has vast knowledge of the spirit realms unmatched by his brothers and sisters. I've learnt what I can in the brief times the land of dreams allows me to visit him, and there is much yet to learn still."

Shoji Haka

Post by Shoji Haka » Mon May 25, 2020 10:19 am

Haka nods. "This one is happy to share her knowledge. The number of people she has met on this expedition who do not know of these things has been alarming. Better to learn now than after an encounter with hungry ghosts."

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Tue May 26, 2020 1:22 am

"You sound like I did five years ago, when I ventured from the Isawa tribe to Seppun hill and met with the Stars. So many of the other tribes do not study the spiritual side of this or other realms, it surprised me greatly" Reiko shook her head "I have taken time to educate as many as possible about the dangers here. Many were not aware of the importance of Jade to this venture, and each one I have told about it should now have procured some. I would assume you are aware of the risks of this realm of evil, and the importance of Jade?"

Shoji Haka

Post by Shoji Haka » Tue May 26, 2020 3:31 am

Haka shakes her head. "This one was given a tent and told where to put it. That has been the extent of the information given to her."

Nanzi

Post by Nanzi » Tue May 26, 2020 5:49 am

"Perhaps Reiko-san can explain the evil ahead of us and then the shaman can speak of the hungry dead and the angers they pose," he responded.

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Tue May 26, 2020 5:13 pm

"I see, then an explanation is in order. As you are aware, we are going to rescue one of the Stars, Fu Leng, who has fallen into a realm of evil. In the heavens tongue, this realm is called Jigoku" there was a small shudder "it is a mirror of the Heavens, known in their tongue as Tengoku. The realm of Evil, translated to Jigoku, is a vile and jealous realm, wanting to destroy everything. Many monsters, stuff of nightmares, plague this realm. It is not just the physical threat that it possess, but the spiritual, that we need to contend with."

She paused, taking out a necklace with Jade on it, placing it in the womans hand.

"There is an affliction, a curse, that seeps from the portal that connects our realm, Ningen-Do in the Heavens tongue, to the realm of evil. Those who come in contact with it risk becoming corrupted by it. This corruption, if left unchecked, can corrupt the very soul of a being. It can turn friend into foe, or even prevent the soul from crossing peacefully after you die. Jade is a blessed substance, believed to contain a piece of the Heavens within it. Those who have Jade on their person can be protected from the corruption as long as the being wishes to be. That amount you are holding will protect one person for around seven days."

Shoji Haka

Post by Shoji Haka » Wed May 27, 2020 7:24 am

"That is a very good explanation, thank you." Haka curls the necklace around the back of her hand. "This one is concerned that this was not made more clear at the start."

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Wed May 27, 2020 4:44 pm

"I have tried to tell as many as possible. The Stars are also aware, as are many others. Why this information is not trickling down I do not understand" there was a small huff of annoyance from the usually well-mannered Reiko "it frustrates me. I have done all that I can, but if others do not share this information then so many walk into danger without any knowledge of what they face."

She took a calming breath.

"Please accept my apology" she bowed to Haka and Nanzi "I will continue to do my best to help. You can keep that necklace of Jade, it should protect you for around seven days of being in the afflicted lands."

Return to “The Camp”