Day 3 LM - Take Me To Your Leader

Anjing Xia

Day 3 LM - Take Me To Your Leader

Post by Anjing Xia » Sat May 23, 2020 6:35 am

"So, I was wondering, if Togashi-sama is not busy, could I have an audience with her?"
Xia pauses, her face hopeful as she looks across at the Dragon warrior.

The Dragon bows his head slowly
"The most difficult act in the world is to sit still."
"....Is that a no?"
"See obstacles as they are, not as they appear to be."
"It sounds like a no."
"The mountains never learned to step aside."
"Okay, that's a no, I know my nos, believe me."

The Anjing sighs and massages her temples
"What if I just sit in front of her tent? Is that alright?"
Her companion shrugs
"If you are walking, walk. If you are running, run. Never meander."
"Well that's more ambiguous but I'm taking it as a yes. Thank you for your...wisdom?"

Xia stands and walks over to a patch of dirt in front of Saruko's tent and plonks herself down, trying her best to wait patiently.
Crab • Seidou • Niece of the Daimyo • Surprisingly Literate • A Little Awkward
• Here To Help • Front Line Combatant • Recorder Of History

Togashi Saruko

Re: Day 3 LM - Take Me To Your Leader

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sat May 23, 2020 7:46 am

Saruko on the other hand had been meditating. Since they had finally stopped for the day, she was taking the opportunity to have some quiet reflection this morning while others were scouting the area.

So when she pushed aside her tent-flap to let in some fresh air, she was surprised to see that someone was sitting on the ground right in front of her.

"Hello there?"
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Anjing Xia

Post by Anjing Xia » Sat May 23, 2020 7:51 am

Togashi Saruko wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 7:46 am
Saruko on the other hand had been meditating. Since they had finally stopped for the day, she was taking the opportunity to have some quiet reflection this morning while others were scouting the area.

So when she pushed aside her tent-flap to let in some fresh air, she was surprised to see that someone was sitting on the ground right in front of her.

"Hello there?"
"General Togashi, you are a wise one."
Xia bows respectfully

"I am Xia of the Anjing and I was wondering if uh, you might be free, if only for a few moments."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sat May 23, 2020 8:00 am

"General?" she was somewhat taken aback by the title.

"If you seek a general, I'm not sure if I'm the right person, young Anjing, but my time is yours. How can I help someone who bears the name of my friend Anjing?"
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Anjing Xia

Post by Anjing Xia » Sat May 23, 2020 8:04 am

Togashi Saruko wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 8:00 am
"General?" she was somewhat taken aback by the title.

"If you seek a general, I'm not sure if I'm the right person, young Anjing, but my time is yours. How can I help someone who bears the name of my friend Anjing?"
Xia stands a little shakily
"It's uh, well, general is just an honorific we Crab have, but the thing is, you are the right person because..."
She reaches into her pack and bows again, reverently presenting a scroll of vellum
"....I was really hoping if I could get your autograph! This is the tale of the Kami's Tournament as dictated to me by Anjing and as you feature within, your sign would mean very much."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sat May 23, 2020 8:18 am

There was a couple of confused blinks.

She wants me... to write my name?

"Uh..." she took a moment. "Of course? Just one moment. I have my brushes and ink inside..."

Theme 2Profile

Anjing Xia

Post by Anjing Xia » Sat May 23, 2020 8:24 am

Togashi Saruko wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 8:18 am
There was a couple of confused blinks.

She wants me... to write my name?

"Uh..." she took a moment. "Of course? Just one moment. I have my brushes and ink inside..."
"Oh thank you so much! It's going to be such a wonderful history when it's finished. To think, you turned into a giant monkey and battled demons alongside Togashi until you merged your minds and drove them back. And it was in that moment that you realised you were perfect for one another."
Anjing's description of events might have been slightly embellished

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sat May 23, 2020 9:15 am

And to think Anjing would be the one to surprise me the most... she thought idly, allowing Xia to follow her inside the tent. Which was a little cramped with two people in it.

It seemed the wife of Togashi travelled lightly, and kept most of her things packed up in case one needed to break camp swiftly. But she also seemed to know where everything was, so it didn't take long for her to find the small box that held her ink and brushes.

"It sounds like the story has been greatly embellished," she chuckled amusedly, "but I suppose that is what stories are for."

Theme 2Profile

Anjing Xia

Post by Anjing Xia » Sat May 23, 2020 9:24 am

Togashi Saruko wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 9:15 am
And to think Anjing would be the one to surprise me the most... she thought idly, allowing Xia to follow her inside the tent. Which was a little cramped with two people in it.

It seemed the wife of Togashi travelled lightly, and kept most of her things packed up in case one needed to break camp swiftly. But she also seemed to know where everything was, so it didn't take long for her to find the small box that held her ink and brushes.

"It sounds like the story has been greatly embellished," she chuckled amusedly, "but I suppose that is what stories are for."
Xia looks around curiously, as if expecting strange creatures to jump out at her.
"I did think it was slightly unusual, given there were no other demon reports, but maybe it was an allegory for something? Either way, you were actually there Togashi-sama."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sat May 23, 2020 9:30 am

"True, I was there," she said, nodding.

The box was opened and she set about grinding up ink. "So, you said your name was Anjing Xia... any relation to Anjing herself, or did she grant you the name?"

Theme 2Profile

Anjing Xia

Post by Anjing Xia » Sat May 23, 2020 9:33 am

Togashi Saruko wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 9:30 am
"True, I was there," she said, nodding.

The box was opened and she set about grinding up ink. "So, you said your name was Anjing Xia... any relation to Anjing herself, or did she grant you the name?"
Looking vaguely embarassed "She is my mother's sister. So I knew her when she was just Anjing of the Seidou and few knew of her unmatched pounding. I took the name when the rest of our family did."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sat May 23, 2020 9:36 am

"Ah, I see. Must be special to have an aunt like her to look up to. And an uncle like Hida-Kami," she mused with a wry smile.

"How are you adjusting to being an Anjing of the Crab Clan, compared to being a woman of the Seidou tribe?"

Theme 2Profile

Anjing Xia

Post by Anjing Xia » Sat May 23, 2020 9:42 am

Togashi Saruko wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 9:36 am
"Ah, I see. Must be special to have an aunt like her to look up to. And an uncle like Hida-Kami," she mused with a wry smile.

"How are you adjusting to being an Anjing of the Crab Clan, compared to being a woman of the Seidou tribe?"
"It's a little...difficult to live in someone else's shadow, the larger the person, the larger the shadow. Hida-Kami is....very large."
perking up
"But being an Anjing and a Crab, that means something. We are a people now. I just don't think we know what it means yet, but maybe this expedition will help us find out."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sat May 23, 2020 9:44 am

"Perhaps."

The ink-stone swirled around in the bowl.

"What do you envision for your new clan? What do you want the Crab to be?"

Theme 2Profile

Anjing Xia

Post by Anjing Xia » Sat May 23, 2020 9:46 am

Togashi Saruko wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 9:44 am
"Perhaps."

The ink-stone swirled around in the bowl.

"What do you envision for your new clan? What do you want the Crab to be?"
Starting to furiously fuss with her sleeves
"Oh that's not really for me to say, I don't think I have the right ideas at all. You should ask Anjing, she and Hida-Kami know best. People like you know what clans should be."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sat May 23, 2020 9:48 am

"Do I?" she pointed to herself for a moment, chuckling softly. "I was just a goat-herder and storyteller living a simple life before all this. None of us are given all the knowledge we need to lead a Family, or a Clan."

"Sure, there might not have been a Crab Clan to start with if it weren't for Hida-Kami and Anjing, but there can't be a Crab Clan without people like you who follow them. Your voice has worth as well, young Xia."

Theme 2Profile

Anjing Xia

Post by Anjing Xia » Sat May 23, 2020 9:57 am

Togashi Saruko wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 9:48 am
"Do I?" she pointed to herself for a moment, chuckling softly. "I was just a goat-herder and storyteller living a simple life before all this. None of us are given all the knowledge we need to lead a Family, or a Clan."

"Sure, there might not have been a Crab Clan to start with if it weren't for Hida-Kami and Anjing, but there can't be a Crab Clan without people like you who follow them. Your voice has worth as well, young Xia."
"Oh, nobody mentioned the goat-herding to me, fascinating!"
She makes a mental note to update the story
'Well, if...you know, if anyone wanted to know what I envisioned. Maybe if our Clan was just a little bit more thinking orientated and a bit less pounding orientated..."
Basically Crab Heresy
"Is there anything you would want to change about your people, Togashi-sama?"

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sat May 23, 2020 9:59 am

She added water to the ink that had been ground up.

"Hmmm... well, maybe if some of them would laugh and smile more, that would be a good change." The Dragon daimyo laughed softly. "But you know, perhaps you would be one to start a line of thinkers within the Crab? Or maybe your path lies elsewhere? Have you considered this?"

Theme 2Profile

Anjing Xia

Post by Anjing Xia » Sat May 23, 2020 10:06 am

Togashi Saruko wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 9:59 am
She added water to the ink that had been ground up.

"Hmmm... well, maybe if some of them would laugh and smile more, that would be a good change." The Dragon daimyo laughed softly. "But you know, perhaps you would be one to start a line of thinkers within the Crab? Or maybe your path lies elsewhere? Have you considered this?"
"Smiling more, oh, that makes sense."
It was probably cold up in the northern mountains

"I'm not sure I have what it takes for either of those. You need to be respected and skilled and confident and a whole range of things. Maybe I'll be able to write about someone who does it though?"

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sat May 23, 2020 10:09 am

"Nothing wrong with being the one who remembers history, if that is what brings you joy in life, Xia," the Dragon said in an almost motherly tone.

"But don't think you aren't worthy of taking your own place in history. Fortunes favor the mortal man, and you can shape your own destiny."

Theme 2Profile

Return to “The Camp”