[D3-LA]Cooking for the Spider(expecting)

Kanna

Re: [D3-LA]Cooking for the Spider(expecting)

Post by Kanna » Sun May 24, 2020 9:10 pm

Kanna blinked a moment. But then sighed and stood up. "Yes, my Lady." She was being very serious, so it wasn't like Kanna could say no. She moved over towards her and Reiko's tent.
Spider Clan | Reiko's Shadow | Wary | Warrior
Carries: Tetsubo, Bronze Sword, Practical Clothing, Bottle of Wine, Bottle of Beer

Riki

Post by Riki » Mon May 25, 2020 2:59 am

Riki stood there awkwardly with his only real connection to the group, Kanna, banished to another area and the important one being serious. He himself wasn't quite presentable, not that he recognized it.
Former Bandit Captain - Stronk - Thicc - Greedy - Boisterous
Controlled by GM Tyrus

Ryoshun Taiko

Post by Ryoshun Taiko » Mon May 25, 2020 3:15 am

Reiko's order got a small eyebrow raise from Taiko as he reached for the fish Mai graciously offered, but he wasn't socially adept enough to politely steer the conversation.

He just looked at RIki and shrugged.

"Good fish?"
Bat Clan * Smith * Bushi * Drunkard * Hears Voices*Bluntly Honest
Description
Disembodied voice only I can hear

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Mon May 25, 2020 3:34 am

Ninube takes some fish, little more than just for her, gives some of it to Riki, and has a bite. "This is pretty good. Thanks, Mai-sama."
Spider Clan * "Scout" * Unloved By Her Ancestors

Items: Bronze Sword * Jade * Ashigaru Armor (when scouting and such) * Mask (when scouting and such) * Lucky Cricket in Cage (during down time)

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Mon May 25, 2020 4:56 am

"You can follow her Riki-san. I'm sure she'll be able to help you" Reiko said, softening into a smile "my apology. The members of the Bat clan have invited us to share dinner with them, and I felt it was inappropriate to join our guests in a bloodied state."

She gave Riki a bow, then looked back to the others.

"Please accept my apology mina-san. Kanna-san and Riki-san will join us momentarily."

She moved closer to sit down.
Spider Clan * Temporary Clan Champion * Reiko family Daimyo * Former Isawa Tribe * Shugenja * Prophet * Bride of Fu Leng * Fire * Bad (blood?) Eyesight * Well Educated * Experienced * Kami Speak * profile
Equipment: Diviner sticks, Yari and Ashigaru armour(when allowed), Walking Stick (bo), Jade, writing tools

Riki

Post by Riki » Mon May 25, 2020 8:11 am

Riki accepted fish from Ninube and nodded in thanks before hearing Reiko and hastily bowing and setting the food down "Oh uh of course! Thanks Reiko uh San." He said attempting to copy her address to him earlier.
Kanna wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 9:10 pm
Kanna blinked a moment. But then sighed and stood up. "Yes, my Lady." She was being very serious, so it wasn't like Kanna could say no. She moved over towards her and Reiko's tent.
Then he moved towards the same tents Kanna had eventually entering them "Man things sure are different around here."
Controlled by GM Tyrus

Ryoshun Mai

Post by Ryoshun Mai » Mon May 25, 2020 9:41 pm

Mai nodded at the Spider champion. "I personally do not mind, considering the nature of the expedition but I appreciate your concern for etiquette."

"I was hoping we could discuss a temporary alliance of Bat and Spider that, all going well, could benefit both in the future."

"Kanna and I yesterday discussed weapons suited to her and even a unique weapon we nicknamed a 'spider sword,' an eight pointed small thrown weapon. I figure after development this could be kept exclusive to your Clan. We would aid or do the developing after this expedition, of course as our Clansmen are suited to smithing. I can make a prototype on the way, but I doubt the balance will be correct until after many trials."

"Perhaps there are other developments we can make for you. What can the Spider offer in return?"
Ryoshun Family* Artisan * Cursed!
Status - 1.0, Reputation - What is Expected, Glory - 3.5
Wears/Carries:
Light Armor, Sturdy Clothing, tanto, yari, whetstone, Blacksmith's hammer, inherited carving knife, 8 shark teeth

Kanna

Post by Kanna » Mon May 25, 2020 9:58 pm

Riki wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 8:11 am
Riki accepted fish from Ninube and nodded in thanks before hearing Reiko and hastily bowing and setting the food down "Oh uh of course! Thanks Reiko uh San." He said attempting to copy her address to him earlier.
Kanna wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 9:10 pm
Then he moved towards the same tents Kanna had eventually entering them "Man things sure are different around here."
Kanna was already washing up her arm and applying a bandage that wouldn't do more than keep it from bleeding on her sleeve again. As Riki entered, she offered him a bowl of water to do the same for his injuries, shrugging with a smirk. "I must imagine. By the sounds of it, y'all kind of have a dog eat dog life out there."
Carries: Tetsubo, Bronze Sword, Practical Clothing, Bottle of Wine, Bottle of Beer

Riki

Post by Riki » Tue May 26, 2020 2:23 am

Riki shrugged "Yeah I guess, there just seem to be a lot of....I don't know rules? The tribe was just simpler I guess. Strongest one told everyone what to do when something needed to be done but other than that you just do whatever you want. But it seems like here there are a lot of levels of people telling people what to do. And a lot of rules that I guess people learned in the past about how to talk to people or how to act. I don't know, just different." He said while grabbing the bowl and washing some of the dirt off his arms and face, most of his injuries were blunt and therefore just bruises but he kept his eyes on Kanna as she washed and bandaged her arm.

"Need help with that? I've tied off a fair number of bandages in my day and its easier for someone else than to try and do it one handed on your own." He offered. It was clear that while he might be ignorant or ill informed Riki was an intelligent and perceptive individual.
Controlled by GM Tyrus

Kanna

Post by Kanna » Tue May 26, 2020 3:34 am

"We'll teach ya as we go. They aren't that bad. Don't take what ain't yours. Don't murder someone who didn't do nothin' to get murdered." She held her arm out quietly to let him bandage, but she didn't seem the sort to ask for help. "Shit like that. Lady Reiko is in charge, at least of us. There are others who are in charge of their own tribe, but the important thing is we keep to our own."

Riki

Post by Riki » Tue May 26, 2020 4:52 am

Riki smirked, he'd seen this kind of pride before in warriors too proud to ask even if its what they wanted. He finished washing his hands and then dried them looking at the bandage for a second "sloppy as hell just need to redo it." He said bluntly before taking the bandage off and wrapping a fresh one tight but not constricting. He looked at it for a second before looking back up to her "should hold until a proper healer can take a look at you."

He then stepped back and undid the furs around his shoulders resuming cleaning himself the best he could without actually bathing "well guess you have a lot to teach me, fair warning though I've never been a good student." He said with a grin.
Controlled by GM Tyrus

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Tue May 26, 2020 4:23 pm

Ryoshun Mai wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 9:41 pm
Mai nodded at the Spider champion. "I personally do not mind, considering the nature of the expedition but I appreciate your concern for etiquette."

"I was hoping we could discuss a temporary alliance of Bat and Spider that, all going well, could benefit both in the future."

"Kanna and I yesterday discussed weapons suited to her and even a unique weapon we nicknamed a 'spider sword,' an eight pointed small thrown weapon. I figure after development this could be kept exclusive to your Clan. We would aid or do the developing after this expedition, of course as our Clansmen are suited to smithing. I can make a prototype on the way, but I doubt the balance will be correct until after many trials."

"Perhaps there are other developments we can make for you. What can the Spider offer in return?"
"Interesting. I'm not the most martial of the Spider, my skills are more knowledge and visions, so I will leave that side of things to Kanna-san or Ninube-san here" she smiled to her kin as she collected her bowl "the Spider are a very mixed bunch though Ryoshun-san. We do not have a singular skill focus like other clans or tribes. Each one of us has a skill we are stronger at, and that is that persons focus. We work together in unity, helping each other as much as possible. Hmm."

Reiko had a thoughtful expression.

"I have begun teaching those among the Spider who have an affinity with the elements how to better control them, as well as how to better assist others. I don't know if the Bat have any teachers in this yet, but I can extend this offer of teaching to you and your kin current and future that are able to commune with the elements."
Spider Clan * Temporary Clan Champion * Reiko family Daimyo * Former Isawa Tribe * Shugenja * Prophet * Bride of Fu Leng * Fire * Bad (blood?) Eyesight * Well Educated * Experienced * Kami Speak * profile
Equipment: Diviner sticks, Yari and Ashigaru armour(when allowed), Walking Stick (bo), Jade, writing tools

Ryoshun Mai

Post by Ryoshun Mai » Tue May 26, 2020 10:15 pm

"I don't believe we have a teacher of such. This would be quite useful. Thank you, Reiko. In exchange, as I stated we will develop weapon s suitable for some of your kin suited to the stealthier martial affairs."
Wears/Carries:
Light Armor, Sturdy Clothing, tanto, yari, whetstone, Blacksmith's hammer, inherited carving knife, 8 shark teeth

Kanna

Post by Kanna » Wed May 27, 2020 12:08 am

Riki wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 4:52 am
Riki smirked, he'd seen this kind of pride before in warriors too proud to ask even if its what they wanted. He finished washing his hands and then dried them looking at the bandage for a second "sloppy as hell just need to redo it." He said bluntly before taking the bandage off and wrapping a fresh one tight but not constricting. He looked at it for a second before looking back up to her "should hold until a proper healer can take a look at you."

He then stepped back and undid the furs around his shoulders resuming cleaning himself the best he could without actually bathing "well guess you have a lot to teach me, fair warning though I've never been a good student." He said with a grin.
As the bandage is tightened and the two are cleaned up, she smirked. "I'm a shitty teacher, so maybe it'll balance out. In any case, let's get back before the food gets cold." She stepped out of the tent and made her way back to where food was.

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Wed May 27, 2020 2:23 am

Ryoshun Mai wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 10:15 pm
"I don't believe we have a teacher of such. This would be quite useful. Thank you, Reiko. In exchange, as I stated we will develop weapon s suitable for some of your kin suited to the stealthier martial affairs."
"That would be wonderful, thank you" Reiko lowered her head "and if I can be of more assistance please let me know."

There was a pause, before she added "have you two managed to procure Jade?"

Ryoshun Taiko

Post by Ryoshun Taiko » Wed May 27, 2020 6:53 am

Looking up from a mouthful of food, Taiko responds simply.

"Should we? We weren't told to acquire any before we came. It's not real useful in our line of work, pretty, but not real functional."
Bat Clan * Smith * Bushi * Drunkard * Hears Voices*Bluntly Honest
Description
Disembodied voice only I can hear

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Wed May 27, 2020 8:18 am

"I think the weapon sounds very interesting. It could be used for distraction or with right po-" Wait. Was poison honorable? Ninube wasn't sure. Phi did talk about some being quite particular about their methods. Maybe poison wasn't cool? Eh, better just to go safe. "With the right usage it could be quite effective."
Spider Clan * "Scout" * Unloved By Her Ancestors

Items: Bronze Sword * Jade * Ashigaru Armor (when scouting and such) * Mask (when scouting and such) * Lucky Cricket in Cage (during down time)

Riki

Post by Riki » Wed May 27, 2020 5:26 pm

Kanna wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 12:08 am
As the bandage is tightened and the two are cleaned up, she smirked. "I'm a shitty teacher, so maybe it'll balance out. In any case, let's get back before the food gets cold." She stepped out of the tent and made her way back to where food was.
Riki nodded a wide grin on his lips as he fastened the furs back around his shoulders "Sounds good to me, a good fight always gets me nice and hungry." and he moved to follow her back to the group.
Controlled by GM Tyrus

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Wed May 27, 2020 10:20 pm

Ryoshun Taiko wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 6:53 am
Looking up from a mouthful of food, Taiko responds simply.

"Should we? We weren't told to acquire any before we came. It's not real useful in our line of work, pretty, but not real functional."
"It's unfortunate that this information hasn't been passed around. My apology that you had not been previously informed" Reiko held back a sigh "from the portal there is more than just a physical danger. There is also a spiritual one. A sickness is poisoning the land around the portal, and being in those lands for too long can cause it to affect you as well. It is a terrible plague, that eventually turns you so friend becomes foe. Jade helps to protect from this."

Ryoshun Mai

Post by Ryoshun Mai » Thu May 28, 2020 1:35 am

"We will have to see what we can come up with on the way, but alas we are ill-equipped. I have seen it used in ceremonial weaponsmithing but as a weapon itself it often proves soft."
Wears/Carries:

Return to “The Camp”