[D3-LA]Cooking for the Spider(expecting)

Ryoshun Mai

[D3-LA]Cooking for the Spider(expecting)

Post by Ryoshun Mai » Fri May 22, 2020 11:11 pm

Mai managed to carry the ingredients she liberated from the supply wagon to her tent as well as borrowing some bowls. Explaining why she needed food for six was a tad difficult, but eventually they caved and allowed her a hot pepper, spring onions and a few fish. Better than nothing, she thought.

First she got a fire going at a nice controlled level. Then out came the cook pot, the onions were sliced into short lengths and set aside. The fish was already skinned so she just sliced it into decent sized bites, and double checked for bones. The little pepper she sliced down into so a little heat would leech out but it could be removed.

In went the pepper with a little water and her bottle of wine, after it boiled a bit she would add the onions then the fish.
((Spending void, calling 3 raises for TN 25)) =35 good fish!
Ryoshun Family* Artisan * Cursed!
Status - 1.0, Reputation - What is Expected, Glory - 3.5
Wears/Carries:
Light Armor, Sturdy Clothing, tanto, yari, whetstone, Blacksmith's hammer, inherited carving knife, 8 shark teeth

Reiko

Re: [D3-LA]Cooking for the Spider(expecting)

Post by Reiko » Sat May 23, 2020 12:05 am

When you were in a position of power, many expected you to keep others waiting. After all, they couldn't start without you, right?

Reiko however didn't subscribe to that model of behaviour. Once she had learnt the time and relative location, she made sure to know exactly where it was. A little earlier than intended, she made her way over to where the Bat were mostly staying, her arrival given away by the tapping of her walking stick as she approached, before bowing.

"Are you Ryoshun Mai?"
Spider Clan * Temporary Clan Champion * Reiko family Daimyo * Former Isawa Tribe * Shugenja * Prophet * Bride of Fu Leng * Fire * Bad (blood?) Eyesight * Well Educated * Experienced * Kami Speak * profile
Equipment: Diviner sticks, Yari and Ashigaru armour(when allowed), Walking Stick (bo), Jade, writing tools

Ryoshun Taiko

Post by Ryoshun Taiko » Sat May 23, 2020 5:08 am

Puttering around inside his tent which was next to Mai's, Taiko emerged to see that the first of his clansmate's invited guests had arrived.

"Sorry Mai, I can't find the....oh hello." He hastily changes his tone and manner when he sees company. "Yes this is she and I am Ryoshun Taiko, welcome to our small little corner of the camp."
Bat Clan * Smith * Bushi * Drunkard * Hears Voices*Bluntly Honest
Description
Disembodied voice only I can hear

Ryoshun Mai

Post by Ryoshun Mai » Sat May 23, 2020 7:53 am

Reiko wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 12:05 am
"Are you Ryoshun Mai?"
"That I am. Assuming you are Reiko-san, your bodyguard talked about you a bit yesterday. It is nice to get a chance to meet you."
Wears/Carries:
Light Armor, Sturdy Clothing, tanto, yari, whetstone, Blacksmith's hammer, inherited carving knife, 8 shark teeth

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Sat May 23, 2020 9:27 am

A little far a away, a voice calls out, "Mai-sama it is you." Ninube walked over. She bows. "Reiko-sama." Seeing a man she doesn't know, she bows. "I am Ninube." She then realizes she should bow to Mai as well. "Mai-sama, it is good to see you again."
Spider Clan * "Scout" * Unloved By Her Ancestors

Items: Bronze Sword * Jade * Ashigaru Armor (when scouting and such) * Mask (when scouting and such) * Lucky Cricket in Cage (during down time)

Ryoshun Taiko

Post by Ryoshun Taiko » Sat May 23, 2020 1:42 pm

"Taiko, clanmate of Mai." The mystery man introduces himself to Ninube, replicating the bow before stepping back to continue assisting in the preparation for the meal.
Description

Ryoshun Mai

Post by Ryoshun Mai » Sat May 23, 2020 6:18 pm

"I believe Taiko was on a journey when you visited. We have known each other long." She paused, "I believe two more are on their way. Do you wish to start eating now or when they get here?" She moved the pot back a bit so it would stay warm but not cook further.
Wears/Carries:

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Sat May 23, 2020 10:06 pm

"I am indeed Reiko. Thank you for this invitation, it's very generous of you" Reiko said with a smile, giving Taiko a bow also "good to meet you all."

She made her way over to sit down very carefully close to the fire.

"I also must thank you for coming on this mission. It is wonderful to see so many answer the call."
Spider Clan * Temporary Clan Champion * Reiko family Daimyo * Former Isawa Tribe * Shugenja * Prophet * Bride of Fu Leng * Fire * Bad (blood?) Eyesight * Well Educated * Experienced * Kami Speak * profile
Equipment: Diviner sticks, Yari and Ashigaru armour(when allowed), Walking Stick (bo), Jade, writing tools

Ryoshun Mai

Post by Ryoshun Mai » Sun May 24, 2020 2:24 am

"We Bat will aid as we can. We are not fighters, but smiths. We are trying to properly outfit as many as possible on the way, and will be able to help with any needed repairs and provisioning. If needed, we can carry our weight in a fight of course."
Wears/Carries:

Kanna

Post by Kanna » Sun May 24, 2020 3:34 am

Usually Kanna would be on time to something like this. But she had been bandit hunting, which necessitated some lateness. She looked sweaty and rough. There might have been a bit of blood dripping down her sleeve. But she was in good spirits anyway, sitting next to Reiko as she waved to the others. "Smells good! Thanks fer invitin' us!"
Spider Clan | Reiko's Shadow | Wary | Warrior
Carries: Tetsubo, Bronze Sword, Practical Clothing, Bottle of Wine, Bottle of Beer

Riki

Post by Riki » Sun May 24, 2020 5:00 am

and behind Kanna was a man nearly as big as Yamadono and equally wounded and a little sweaty plus quite dirty "Hey there uh Kanna said I could come?" he stated the words like a question scratching the back of his head as he looked at all the people who looked quite a bit fancier than him and one who seemed to be this Reiko based on her clothes being the finest.

"uh Name's Riki and Kanna kind of offered to let me join your tribe or uh clan I guess its called."
Former Bandit Captain - Stronk - Thicc - Greedy - Boisterous
Controlled by GM Tyrus

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Sun May 24, 2020 5:04 am

Reiko frowned, rising again as she turned to bow to the two arrivals.

Hello Riki-san. I am Reiko, leader of the Spider. If Kanna has invited you then you are welcome, however both of you appear to be wounded. What happened?"

She looked to Kanna then back at Riki, then towards the two Bat.

"Forgive me to prying, but do either of you two have any healing skills?"

Ryoshun Mai

Post by Ryoshun Mai » Sun May 24, 2020 5:47 am

Mai shook her head. "You are most welcome to join for food, but unfortunately I am unable to patch people up. I know nothing of medicine."

She began passing out bowls of glorious food, skipping herself for now and leaving some in the pot as she was expecting another to show.
Wears/Carries:

Ryoshun Taiko

Post by Ryoshun Taiko » Sun May 24, 2020 5:51 am

Taiko shook his head. "I have seen others do it, but other than pulling splinters and treating light burns from the forge? No, Reiko, I have no such skills."
Description

Riki

Post by Riki » Sun May 24, 2020 5:57 am

Riki waves off any help dismissively "Oh no I'll, be fine really just some bruises. I'll be in pain for a few days but I'll live.

He then looks to Kanna for explanation of their state not really knowing the best way to go about this.
Controlled by GM Tyrus

Kanna

Post by Kanna » Sun May 24, 2020 6:03 am

Reiko stretches out. "Ah, it'll be ok. Just got into a bit of a dust up, we'll say." She grinned over to Riki and winked. "Call it a misunderstanding, if you like." She did seem reasonably sincere about the whole thing.

Awareness / Sincerity. Unskilled. Lol.: 2d10 15
Spider Clan | Reiko's Shadow | Wary | Warrior
Carries: Tetsubo, Bronze Sword, Practical Clothing, Bottle of Wine, Bottle of Beer

Riki

Post by Riki » Sun May 24, 2020 9:33 am

He caught the grin and returned with one of his own "yeah yeah a misunderstanding sounds about right."
Controlled by GM Tyrus

Ryoshun Mai

Post by Ryoshun Mai » Sun May 24, 2020 11:36 am

((OOC: accepting and eating glory fish grants .2 glory, have noted in pf already))
Wears/Carries:

Ninube

Post by Ninube » Sun May 24, 2020 12:02 pm

Ninube was was suspicious Kanna's words even she was not sure they were false. And looking over Riki gave her a guess of what kind misunderstanding was.

"Hey. Welcome to the Clan." She didn't care . It was basically how she became a Spider. She pointed to herself. "Name's Ninube."
Spider Clan * "Scout" * Unloved By Her Ancestors

Items: Bronze Sword * Jade * Ashigaru Armor (when scouting and such) * Mask (when scouting and such) * Lucky Cricket in Cage (during down time)

Reiko

Post by Reiko » Sun May 24, 2020 8:56 pm

"Kanna, return to the Spider tents a moment to clean up. Please." There was a serious look on the womans face. She clearly wasn't taking no for an answer

Return to “The Camp”