[Day 22, Early Afternoon] Telling Tales (Expecting)

Jiyo Sora

Re: [Day 22, Early Afternoon] Telling Tales (Expecting)

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:01 am

"I do wonder if they've ever all gotten together to have that sort of conversation. No spouses, no hangers-on, just the Kami..."
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:04 am

"Before the tournament, I think they did, but I can't say I've seen them really have a big family meeting just them. But maybe that will happen now, with Hisomu returned to the fold." Of course, that meant Ryoshun would be left out unless Nazo was there just to relay, and that would already make the situation unfair to her...

"You should certainly bring it up to Shiba. That it might be time to do something like that with his siblings... set down his expectations with them as Mother Sun did favor him to become their leader."
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:05 am

"I think I will. If nothing else... it will help create a sense of unity in the leadership, whatever else we do."

He turned a sardonic eye on her.

"You just make sure Uncle Baldy turns up!"
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:07 am

Her fingertips pressed to her lips as she surpressed a laugh. "If Shiba wants it, he will be there." If it was just his siblings, she felt certain he would go, even if she knew he wasn't a big fan of social gatherings.
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:17 am

"Hisomu's return makes for a good reason for such a get-together- and letting them coordinate is probably also wise in light of the coming war. They should make plans for that as well."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:21 am

Another nod of agreement. "It seems like we have a lot of thoughts for the future... we'll certainly be keeping busy! And that's not even considering all the other things that will be keeping us busy as well."

She knew family life would also be keeping her busy.

Theme 2Profile

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:30 am

"Children to see to again, stories to tell, libraries to set up, a wedding to endure, a marriage to enjoy, a war to prepare for, and noses to tweak... I think I'm going to need to remind myself to take breathers when I can get them..."

He grinned.

"But what a time to be alive, hm? The only possibility we can rule out is boredom!"

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:38 am

"And children of your own too, Sora," she pointed out with a grin. "Your hands will be even more full then than you can imagine."

Theme 2Profile

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:34 am

"Oh, I'll just throw 'em in a pit with a badger. That'll sort 'em out in a hurry!"

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:40 am

She held her sides as she laughed. "I think you'll find your wife's reaction to that scarier than the badger."

"You've watched over Shiba's children, but have you had the real responsibility for them?"

Theme 2Profile

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:46 am

"Killed a grand total of seven assassins while they 've been in my care. Got stabbed with a poisoned knife once doing it. Taught them to build a fish trap. Changed all of their nappies. Got food together for them. Teach 'em what I can when I can. Chased them out of trees and kept 'em away from venomous snakes..."

He shrugged.

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:48 am

"I think you'll find that being a father involves more than that," she smiled knowingly and gave him a reassuring pat on the shoulder. "But you'll discover that yourself."

Theme 2Profile

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:51 am

"Can't possibly be worse at it than my father was, so I'll learn by doing. As usual."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:52 am

"I don't think you've talked to me before about your parents..." she assumed it was with good reason, of course. A lot of the Hikaru lifestyle didn't seem like it was made for good parenting to her.

Or a good place for a child to grow up.

Theme 2Profile

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:00 am

"Nope. They did their best. But their best was pretty fuckin' terrible, so I've got plenty of examples of what not to do."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:09 am

"Mm, and you'll have good people around to help you too. Tsubo is a great caretaker and he'll probably give you some good pointers."

She gave him a playful smirk. "And if you need to get away from it all sometime, Dragon mountains are pretty far away from others."

Theme 2Profile

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:18 am

"Oh, be careful what you offer, I fully intend to descend upon you guys, just so Kinyoubi can get a break."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:22 am

She seemed rather unconcerned by such a threat and just gave his shoulder another friendly squeeze.

"You're welcome any time, friend. You're among those I trust to never hurt my family in any way."

Theme 2Profile

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:09 pm

"Good, because I would sooner die than let that happen. You'll be seeing me."

He met her shoulder squeeze with a hug.

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:42 pm

She said nothing at first and returned the hug in full.

Theme 2Profile

Return to “Seidou River”