[Day 22, Early Afternoon] Telling Tales (Expecting)

Jiyo Sora

Re: [Day 22, Early Afternoon] Telling Tales (Expecting)

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:52 am

"There's always going to be some damn thing going wrong," he agreed. "I just hope we choose wisely when it comes time to deal with it."
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

As of Late Night, Day 7, has a servant- a young woman named Kinyôbi

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:03 am

"I do too. But I wouldn't be surprised if someone like Lord Hida or Lord Akodo will be eager to lead the defense of the Empire." Both of those were warriors through and through, more than any of the other Kami.

"Anyway... if you don't mind changing topics to something a little nicer?" a smile found its way to her features.
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:05 am

"Given my track record? We'll see how nice it stays."

He sounded amused.
ImperialAssassin and Babysitter • Experienced • Bushi • Evil Eye • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin

Wears: Either a very simple kimono in Imperial colors or light armor strapped on over Hikaru garb and facepaint.
Carries: An array of weaponry, some traveling rations, a couple of lightweight trade goods, and some dried flower petals.

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:38 am

Saruko laughed a little.

"I've heard some interesting talks going around that mighty Sora not only saved a damsel in distress, but that the two of you seem to be spending a good deal of time together." Her tone was light and amused as well, and judging by her smile, she probably had an inkling of things.

The monkey princess was much more perceptive about people than most gave her credit for.
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:00 am

"Kinyoubi? "

He kept his tone neutral. For the time being.

"My future wife, you mean?"

The tone shifted slightly.

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:30 am

"I knew it!"

With a triumphant and smug grin, Saruko rubbed her chin. "It seems all that good word about you helped out, I'd say. Ahahaha!"

Theme 2Profile

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:02 pm

"Alas, I fear that's not how it's going to be in the history..."

His grin was decidedly malevolent.

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:11 pm

"Tch, I tell the tales, not you," she retorted confidently. "Besides, the words were already out there!"

She broke into a small laugh. "But mostly I'm just glad for you, my friend. You deserve happiness!"

Theme 2Profile

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:21 pm

"Deserve's got nothing to do with it, but I'm certainly... happier these days."

He chuckled.

"As far as your words, dear friend, you might tell the tales, but Kinyoubi writes them down. Besides. It was my last command to her before she left my service- never let you live that down. She seemed enthusiastic about the prospect."

He adopted a mock-whisper.

"It's that gleeful malice that binds us together..."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:52 pm

"More people hear tales than read," she giggled, but didn't seem to bothered by this. Most important to her was that Sora had now found someone to be with.

"Gleeful malice? Sounds like she brings out the best in you then!"

Theme 2Profile

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:50 am

"Or that she sees it when I don't."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:06 am

"You've come a long way from that scruffy-looking crazed mountain-man you were five years ago," Saruko teased warmly. "You learned to read, you're looking after the children of a God-Emperor. You're even taking regular baths and don't smell nearly as bad as you did back then!"

Theme 2Profile

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:18 am

"All part of my cunning plan to catch people off-guard when I headbutt them, I assure you. I intend to teach all of our librarians how to properly headbutt someone who doesn't treat the scrolls with proper care."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:10 am

"I don't think that stench can catch anyone off-guard." Saruko stuck her tongue out to make a face at Sora.

"So you're going to found some school of Headbutting Librarians?"

Theme 2Profile

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:12 am

"No, just going to teach librarians how to headbutt properly. I'm barely starting to understand Jiyo's techniques, I'm hardly about to invent my own..."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:17 am

"So, uh, how do you headbutt someone properly?"

She had never had reason to headbutt anyone. Yet.

Theme 2Profile

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:20 am

"Well, your husband could probably give a master-class, but if you want the basics..."

He tapped the center of his forehead, right at the hairline.

"You want to connect with the point where your skull is at its most curved, so you hurt them more than you hurt yourself. It helps if they're looking at your hands or your weapons and don't see it coming."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:25 am

Bringing up her up hand, Saruko traced a finger over her own forehead to find the point Sora described.

"I see... hmm... but it does hurt to headbutt someone, yeah?"

Theme 2Profile

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:27 am

"Less than you might think, but yeah, it can rattle you, especially if your aim is off and you hit 'em someplace more durable than their nose. But if your own headbutt's the worst you get in a fight, you've come off lucky."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:32 am

"I suppose so," she chuckled. Tracing her finger over her forehead a few times, she figured she'd ask Nadare later at how likely she was to fracture her own skull doing a stunt like that.

"But let's hope I'll never have to use that. I'm much better with a sword than fighting unarmed anyway."

Theme 2Profile

Return to “Seidou River”