(D1EM) Changing the Course (expecting)

Seppun Chisei

Re: (D1EM) Changing the Course (expecting)

Post by Seppun Chisei » Thu May 21, 2020 8:27 pm

Chisei smiled. "If he is a man of such wisdom, I would like it if he sought at least a little fame. How will pupils seek him out if no one knows who he is?" He shook his head. "But no, I joke. As you say, it is not about seeking fame, and I expect he has reason."

He gave her a curious look. "You say you often do this with your husband's students? Do you mean talk to them, or surprise them? Or both?"
Seppun * Former Isawa * Shugenja * Philosopher * Husbando
Carries: Scroll case, scrolls. Jade.

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Thu May 21, 2020 9:53 pm

She chuckled at his little joke. Indeed, even she thought Shinsei deserved more fame than he had.

"Ah yes!" Saruko clapped her hands together with enthusiasm. "Both, of course. But mostly surprise! I think that everyone should learn to be more perceptive to their surroundings. We must learn to observe all, not just one thing. Like... we an admire the river, because it is impressive, but we also must see the greater picture - the water polishes the rocks, and also makes them slick so they're dangerous to walk on, but the water also nourishes the land around here, which in turn draws in animals that feed on grass and nuts and leaves... which then attracts animals that eat those animals. Because it's all part of a greater whole. If you just look at one thing, you're blind to the rest."
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Seppun Chisei

Post by Seppun Chisei » Thu May 21, 2020 10:46 pm

"Oh really?" Chisei's lips quirked in amusement. "Than I shall take this as a lesson from you, Saruko-sensei, that I should be more aware of my surroundings."

Slowly, he nodded, looking back out over the running water. "Yes. All of those things are true. They are all connected." He looked back to her. "In my studies, I make much of perspective, and point of view. It is not easy to see the greater picture. We can see more of it than the fish, who can see only the river. But I always find myself wondering, in my studies, if human perspective is limited as well. Perhaps higher beings can see connections that we do not."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Thu May 21, 2020 11:05 pm

She cocked her head to the side, considering her answer with a look of contemplation on her face. "I don't think it is only for higher beings to see the connections in the world. I think everyone can learn to do it, but it does require some training to learn it... we've spent so much of our lives since we become adults to focus on single things, we need to unlearn that."
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Seppun Chisei

Post by Seppun Chisei » Thu May 21, 2020 11:32 pm

"Yes, but can we see all of the connections?" Chisei sighed, not-unpleasantly. "The search for knowledge is a never-ending one. One must always be aware of what one does not know; if one thinks one knows a thing, the search ends, and no more wisdom can be gained."

He looked at her suddenly. "But you called me seeker earlier. That is what you meant, wasn't it?" He smiled, inclining his head to her. "May I use the word? It is a good one, for a being who walks the paths that you and I have chosen."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Thu May 21, 2020 11:55 pm

"Ah that very much is true. One never stops learning, and there is always more to learn. This is as true for you and me as it is for the Sun-Children."

A little surprised by the request, she nodded. "Of course. I don't own the word. It just seems a natural word to use for those who seek knowledge and understanding."

Theme 2Profile

Seppun Chisei

Post by Seppun Chisei » Fri May 22, 2020 12:14 am

"Then I will." Chisei said, nodding.

He gave her another curious look. "Ummm... Saruko-san..." Chisei bit his lip. "We've only just met, so I hope this question isn't rude. If it is, I will apologize, and you need not answer it, of course. But I must ask."

Chisei cleared his throat. "What is it like, being married to a god?"

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Fri May 22, 2020 12:33 am

"Hmmmm..." was the first reaction, as she wasn't quite sure how to answer it. "I... it's kind of difficult to answer, as I don't really have any past experiences to compare with. Lord Togashi has been my one and only love in my life. I don't know how I could make comparisons between him and a mortal man."

Her fingers tapped against her knee as she thought about it. "I think we're quite alike other couples in some ways. We have disagreements like others have, but we try to make it work with all our differences. Men and women aren't alike, and there are many differences between humans and Kami too, but we find ways to make our differences complement one another."

She shrugged a little. "The Kami are much like us, in many ways. And as you might know from your own clan, Kami and human can have children together."

Theme 2Profile

Seppun Chisei

Post by Seppun Chisei » Fri May 22, 2020 12:55 am

Chisei smiled gently. "I rather thought that might be the answer. If you had never been married to a human, how could you compare being married to a god?"

He shrugged. "But you make it sound much the same as any other marriage. Perhaps more fortunate, but surely that is because of the pairing, and not because of the divinity of your husband." He smiled. "I myself am recently married, and could not be happier with the match."

"Hmm? Oh." Chisei cleared his throat. "Of course. In fact, I am only recently a Seppun. I grew up with the Isawa. My marriage brought me into the Seppun." He chuckled. "And I do not yet feel so bold as to ask Hantei Kinsen about her and her husband."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Fri May 22, 2020 2:40 am

"Neither of us are the type to have married for convenience or gain," she admitted honestly of her marriage.

"Amusing... you find it easier to ask me, who is mostly a stranger, than your new kinswoman?" Saruko grinned at him with mischief in her eyes.

Theme 2Profile

Seppun Chisei

Post by Seppun Chisei » Fri May 22, 2020 5:14 am

"Yes, well..." Chisei smiled, chuckling. "I believe you've met Kinsen. She... well... she and I... hmmm..." Chisei struggled with a diplomatic way to say she's super weird. "And Hantei... Hantei is different, too."

Finally, he shrugged, smiling sheepishly. "Well. You and I are on the same path. Perhaps that makes it easier." He tilted his head, looking at her with a grin. "My wife has some younger brothers I have been educating. Perhaps I shall be inspired by your example, and try sneaking up on them."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Fri May 22, 2020 5:56 am

If Chisei had voiced his thoughts, he would probably had found an understanding laughter. Hantei's bride and herself hadn't exactly gotten along the first time they met, and while she felt a certain connection to the woman, Togashi and Hantei were not particularly close.

"That might be a good idea," she chuckled, "just make sure you also find your path in life, Chisei. It is easy to follow a path others set before us, but it is difficult to blaze your own and decide for yourself."

Theme 2Profile

Seppun Chisei

Post by Seppun Chisei » Fri May 22, 2020 7:52 am

"I have never been one to shy from a path because it is difficult." Chisei said, smiling. "If I were, I do not think my path would have lead me here. Although I wonder sometimes." He looked out over the water once more. "Perhaps we have as little choice as this river. But I find that unlikely."

He smiled. "Or perhaps the river has more choice than it appears to us."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Fri May 22, 2020 7:57 am

"It's good to wonder." Her smile was soft and patient, as if she wasn't completely unused to being a teacher.

She looked to the river as he spoke of it. "Perhaps? I wonder what sort of answer the river would give, if it could speak to us. But it could also be that it wouldn't understand the question."

Theme 2Profile

Seppun Chisei

Post by Seppun Chisei » Fri May 22, 2020 8:52 am

"Or that we wouldn't understand the answer." Chisei added, nodding.

He smiled again. "I like the questions you ask, Saruko-san. Would you tell me a bit about the path that has led you here? Who were you before you were a sneaky teacher who married a god?"

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Fri May 22, 2020 9:27 am

"Me?" she laughed a little. "I was just a girl in the Ayakashi tribe. Herding goats, telling stories. Well, I suppose that's not quite the full truth of it... no one in the tribe knew where I was from or who my parents were, but I was raised in a loving home regardless."

While she didn't share the entire story, Saruko wasn't being deceitful in her telling. "I don't know if you've heard much of my tribe before?"

Theme 2Profile

Seppun Chisei

Post by Seppun Chisei » Fri May 22, 2020 10:20 pm

"There's always more to stories." Chisei said, smiling.

He nodded. "I have heard of your tribe. Some. But I would like to hear what you have to say about them."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sat May 23, 2020 7:51 am

"Hmmm... I think I would say that we are a very spiritual tribe. Not that we have the impressive amount of shamans that the Isawa tribe is known for, but we have a great reverence for the spirits of the land and of the realms beyond." She gave him a clever smile. "It might explain why so many of us chose to follow Shiba-Kami or Togashi-Kami. For us, both of them seemed to hold a similar mindset to us."

Theme 2Profile

Seppun Chisei

Post by Seppun Chisei » Sun May 24, 2020 3:32 am

"The connection between the Ayakashi and the spirits of the various realms is something that I have heard of." Chisei's eyebrows went up. "I've even heard that spirits sometimes live among them. Or the children of spirits." His smile was pleasant, curious.

Slowly, he nodded. "The two spiritual Kami. That would follow, yes." Chisei frowned thoughtfully. "Tell me, Saruko-san, do the Ayakashi know of the Fortunes?"

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sun May 24, 2020 5:07 am

"There are many such stories, yes," she gave a more mysterious smile in return to his curious one.

"We know of the Fortunes, but for the Ayakashi they aren't as important as the spirits of the land most of the time. They're more... distant beings and not as much part of every day life, if that makes sense?"

Theme 2Profile

Return to “Seidou River”