Picnic (D1, EA)

Hantei Kinsen

Re: Picnic (D1, EA)

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Thu May 21, 2020 2:05 am

"This is getting too confusing." She giggles. "All I'm saying is that it is not good to get old alone. That's why Family is important. One takes care of the other. Better to take care of someone we like. Taking care of someone you don't like is quite bitter. As you know I have."
Stag Clan • Waifu • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Jade Nails • Golden Eyes • Noriaki Beast
DescriptionTheme • Reputation: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.0 • Infamy: 1.0

Wears: Black Silk Choker, Jade Pendant (Hantei's Gift).
Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Bronze Sword, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
Indoor Gear: Fabulous White-Golden Kimono (Doji's Gift).
TN to be recognized is 0

Seppun Dawei

Post by Seppun Dawei » Thu May 21, 2020 2:11 am

Dawei nods.

He does know, indeed.

And he changes the topic.

"Has the Lord Hantei said anything else to you of the task before us? Is there an area where he is looking, in particular--so that I can look where he does not?"
Seppun Dawei
Stag Clan * Bushi * Quiet * O-Iemoto * Experienced
Status 2.0, Glory 2.0, Reputation 4.5
In village: wears sturdy clothes; carries bronze sword, knife, often a piece of wood he's carving, finger of jade (2 as of LM15)
Out of village: wears ashigaru armor; carries bronze sword, yumi, quiver of arrows, traveling pack, finger of jade (2 as of LM15)
"Speaking" * Thinking
Description from Dawn 1 * Current Description
Player based in Kerrville, Texas

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Thu May 21, 2020 5:03 am

Being the bride-pet of the Noriaki chieftain was something unimaginable to many tribes. Gladly he understood: if Dawei's hatred had a name, it would the that man's. Now dead.

Kinsen looks to her hands, and then extends her fingers together to check her red painted nails nonchalantly. "He has not. Perhaps tonight he'll have more insights. I'll let you know, of course. Thank you. It seems a good strategy."
Stag Clan • Waifu • Bushi • Fierce • Blessed • Rawr • Ouch • Jade Nails • Golden Eyes • Noriaki Beast
DescriptionTheme • Reputation: What is Expected • Status: 4.0 • Glory: 9.0 • Infamy: 1.0

Outdoor Gear: Battle-Ready Kimono (Designed by Jiyo Ayumu), Small Knife, Bronze Sword, Bow & Arrows, Light Armor.
TN to be recognized is 0

Seppun Dawei

Post by Seppun Dawei » Thu May 21, 2020 5:07 am

Dawei nods. It's a reasonable enough answer.

"And how has your practice been going?"
Seppun Dawei
In village: wears sturdy clothes; carries bronze sword, knife, often a piece of wood he's carving, finger of jade (2 as of LM15)
Out of village: wears ashigaru armor; carries bronze sword, yumi, quiver of arrows, traveling pack, finger of jade (2 as of LM15)
"Speaking" * Thinking

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Thu May 21, 2020 5:46 am

"My... practice?" She tilts her head, looking at him. "What do you mean, exactly?"

TN to be recognized is 0

Seppun Dawei

Post by Seppun Dawei » Thu May 21, 2020 7:41 pm

"You called me 'sensei,' so of course I'm going to ask if you've been practicing. Isn't that one of the things teachers do?"
Seppun Dawei
"Speaking" * Thinking

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Thu May 21, 2020 8:19 pm

She blushes a bit, saying. "Well. I am studying. As for practicing... I don't feel yet that confident. I mean, you're already used to take strategic positions to shoot. To me, though... I..." Kinsen claws her nails and sighs, "I used to hunt like a beast. I am civilized, now. When I think I need to be unseen to strike, odd feelings surface."

The woman puts her hand down on the cloth and turns back to the river, dismissing the ideas that crossed her mind.

TN to be recognized is 0

Seppun Dawei

Post by Seppun Dawei » Thu May 21, 2020 9:50 pm

Dawei nods.

"The work I do is not the kind that all should. Why not follow the Lord Hantei's martial path, then? You certainly have all reason to do so."
Seppun Dawei
"Speaking" * Thinking

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Thu May 21, 2020 10:05 pm

"It's Kenshiro's." She corrects Dawei, but there's no ill in her words, only hints of doubt.

TN to be recognized is 0

Seppun Dawei

Post by Seppun Dawei » Thu May 21, 2020 10:08 pm

"Or his," Dawei amends.

He looks at her.

"I would not be offended did your studies take you elsewhere. Nor would I be to have them continue as they have. And I think the Lord Hantei is well served in either case, which is the more important thing."
Seppun Dawei
"Speaking" * Thinking

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Thu May 21, 2020 10:26 pm

Kinsen smiles with her eyes back at him. "Thank you, Dawei-sensei. For understanding. Now that you allow me to learn more by observing, perhaps I might get more encourage to practice it... far... from harm."

TN to be recognized is 0

Seppun Dawei

Post by Seppun Dawei » Thu May 21, 2020 10:34 pm

Dawei chuckles slightly.

"This trip doesn't seem to conduce to practice, no. Though I have had a bit of opportunity, even here; the terrain is strange to me, taking some adjustments."

He shrugs.

"I'll catch the knack of it, though. And people, at least, seem to be as they are everywhere."
Seppun Dawei
"Speaking" * Thinking

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Thu May 21, 2020 11:13 pm

"There's certainly an awful lot of people around here. But, well, that's a good sign. Means we'll have extra help that is much needed."

TN to be recognized is 0

Seppun Dawei

Post by Seppun Dawei » Thu May 21, 2020 11:16 pm

Dawei pauses, looks off to the southwest.

"There is the balance to be struck with them, as well. We need to be able to work together, but it is not to be expected that all who depart will return."

And will I rejoin him, then?
Seppun Dawei
"Speaking" * Thinking

Hantei Kinsen

Post by Hantei Kinsen » Thu May 21, 2020 11:54 pm

"Return is not really my expectation. The rescue, though, is." Kinsen also looks to the southwest.

/Scene?

TN to be recognized is 0

Seppun Dawei

Post by Seppun Dawei » Thu May 21, 2020 11:57 pm

/scene!

And thanks!
Seppun Dawei
"Speaking" * Thinking

Return to “Seidou River”