[EE1 - Just around the Riverbend] The Warrior and the Flautist

Noriaki no Yamadono

Re: [EE1 - Just around the Riverbend] The Warrior and the Flautist

Post by Noriaki no Yamadono » Sun May 24, 2020 11:47 pm

A monosyllabic grunt of acknowledgement, as well as a knowing smile to Matsu. "You're right, girl." His large arm reached over, roughly mussing the girls hair. "Go. Practice your forms."

The smile was then focused on Ryoko, turning more fully to face her. "I suppose that is true. I've never been one for laying down my burdens. I've had to carry both mine, and her own so she doesn't suffer. Perhaps soon, though, I will have to rest."
Spider Clan | Bushi | Large AF | Blessed by Bishamon and Earth
Carries: Bronze Tetsubo | Fur lined hat and cloak | Bronze Sword | Travelling Pack | Shakuhachi
Accompanied by: Matsu

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Mon May 25, 2020 1:02 am

"You should listen to her when she says that for you to carry it all alone makes her suffer."

Ryoko gazed thoughtfully at his face. "You should rest, setting down those burdens, so you can recover your strength and help her carry her burdens in the future. If she is to chart such an unknown path... don't ask her to do it alone."

Crossing her arms, hands hidden in the loose sleeves of her garb, she added, "As Ongaku, I can only offer counsel - but it is my duty to help my tribe pass their burdens on - to free them to look forward and not back. If I can help you do the same, Yamadono, I would be happy to do so."
Takemori :: Master of Ceremonies :: Voice :: Horned Girl :: Music Lover :: Jealous
Resources: Twin Tonfa, Dai-Tsuchi, Morin Khuuru, Jade-Flower Glove, Tago the drummer.
Profile :: Themes

Noriaki no Yamadono

Post by Noriaki no Yamadono » Mon May 25, 2020 4:50 am

The girl tsked at her father, before picking the weapon up again. Standing at the water's edge, she began to move with a tenacity of a dervish, wanting to push out the frustrations.

Yamadono bobbed his head as he agreed, watching the horned woman watch him. A thought passed through his mind, idly contemplating.

"That could very well be something I would ask of you. Who knows what we will encounter upon this journey."
Carries: Bronze Tetsubo | Fur lined hat and cloak | Bronze Sword | Travelling Pack | Shakuhachi

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Mon May 25, 2020 8:39 am

"The consider the offer extended."

Ryoko smiled warmly.

"In return, I get to model the virtues of my tribe, so we both gain something, ne?"
Takemori :: Master of Ceremonies :: Voice :: Horned Girl :: Music Lover :: Jealous
Resources: Twin Tonfa, Dai-Tsuchi, Morin Khuuru, Jade-Flower Glove, Tago the drummer.

Noriaki no Yamadono

Post by Noriaki no Yamadono » Wed May 27, 2020 3:04 am

"We do." His grin was warm, it could even be called gentle. The thought percolated in his mind, but he did not speak it. "It would do me well to learn more about the cultures that are joining this Empire. Especially if I am to live up to what Matsu needs and demands of me."

"And more chances to play music with accompaniments is always welcome."

Ongaku no Ryoko

Post by Ongaku no Ryoko » Wed May 27, 2020 3:35 am

"It's a deal then."

She nodded, and something in her tone implied a certain finality in that statement, and perhaps some expectation.

"My tribe may not join this empire, maybe it will - it depends if they intend to enslave us, to destroy our ways."

Return to “Seidou River”