By the Riverside [Day 1, EM]

Seidou Haruyo

By the Riverside [Day 1, EM]

Post by Seidou Haruyo » Wed May 20, 2020 8:00 am

Off in their own patch, Haruyo sat down by a small fire gathered together from the surrounding brush and her usual pack laying nearby. Walking cane leaned up against a nearby tree as she faced herself toward the rushing water. Feeling the motion of it, hearing the sounds of water disturbed at a great pace. Beneath her the solid and sturdy earth.

Wind blew across her left cheek and she sighed wistfully.
Seidou | Shugenja | Blind | Friend of Earth | Friendly Earth Kami | Blessed by Earth | Clear Thinker

Seidou Satone

Re: By the Riverside [Day 1, EM]

Post by Seidou Satone » Wed May 20, 2020 8:13 am

Not more than an arms length away, Satone sat crouched on her heels, elbows on her knees, tending to a fire. Her large hammer sat resting against a stone nearby.

"Why the sigh, Haruyo?"
Seidou Tribe|Bushi|Large|Strength of the Earth|Blessed by the Earth|Kharmic Tie|Doubt|True Love|Bad Eyesight
Carries: Light Armor, Dai Tsuchi wrapped in blessed rope, Blacksmithing Gear, Jade pendant, 7 uses of jade dust oil
Bodyguard for Seidou Haruyo

Seidou Haruyo

Post by Seidou Haruyo » Wed May 20, 2020 9:31 am

"I feel as if this may be one of the last moments for respite for some time yet," she says, breathing in the fresh air of the stream. "I intend to journey with those who have gathered here. There is a need for it, and I feel it deeply that there will be a truth I must discover at the end of this path."

"I.." she paused, "thank you," she said, leaving it at that.
Seidou | Shugenja | Blind | Friend of Earth | Friendly Earth Kami | Blessed by Earth | Clear Thinker

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Wed May 20, 2020 9:37 am

Satone grunts a little at the statement.

"Life's never easy, is it. But don't worry, as long as I'm around, you'll have some respite from it all"

She walks over from the fire and places a hand on Haruyo's shoulder.

"Don't waste precious words on needless thanks, my....friends."

She squeezes the shoulder and uses her thumb to rub a little at Haruyo's neck.

"Hungry?"
Seidou Tribe|Bushi|Large|Strength of the Earth|Blessed by the Earth|Kharmic Tie|Doubt|True Love|Bad Eyesight
Carries: Light Armor, Dai Tsuchi wrapped in blessed rope, Blacksmithing Gear, Jade pendant, 7 uses of jade dust oil

Seidou Haruyo

Post by Seidou Haruyo » Wed May 20, 2020 10:40 am

"Words of thanks are never wasted, least of all on those we hold dear," she said, as if she was repeating it from somewhere. With her own personal touch she added on a smile. "A morning meal is best to keep energy for the days events. Especially with what today may bring."

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Wed May 20, 2020 10:49 am

Satone releases the grasp and makes an audible step away.

"Wait here then, I will only be a short while."

Then, making sure to enunciate her steps, she walks away off down the shore, looking for prey.

After some time, she finds what she is searching for and manages to kill a pair of hare, though she shook quite badly while trying to shoot them, causing the first arrow to go wide, nearly loosing the meal completely.

She then approaches the fire again, making sure to whistle as she approaches in a manner that Haruto is familiar with.

"A pair of hare"

She says as she does the quick work of cleaning them before presenting them to her charge.

Seidou Haruyo

Post by Seidou Haruyo » Wed May 20, 2020 12:15 pm

While Satone was elsewhere, hunting, Haruyo sat where she was. Feeling the air on her cheek, the warmth of the fire behind her, and the mist of the rushing waves. Forces that were outside of herself, beyond her ken. For what she knew, the ground and grass beneath her feet. In this quiet moment alone she heard the whispers of a presence that yet begged to be heard.

Then Satone returned and her attention went to her. "Then I will prepare the fire," she said, seeking out the necessary implements among their things. While Satone dressed the creatures Haruyo prepared the fire to be tended by her hand.

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Wed May 20, 2020 2:29 pm

The work doesn't take long before the animals are properly ready for cooking. Satone mutters a thanks to them, for giving up their lives to sustain her own.

"So."

She takes a deep breath.

"A fallen god needs rescuing. This...This seems very dangerous, Haruyo. Especially if the rumors are to be true and it fell in the heart of the Nezumi empire."

Seidou Haruyo

Post by Seidou Haruyo » Thu May 21, 2020 5:30 am

"Yet there will be answers there that we cannot afford to ignore or deny," she said, collecting each carcass in turn and preparing it for the fire. Once they were set she lay her hand above the fire to check it's temperature.

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Thu May 21, 2020 5:35 am

"You have a good point. I am just..."

Satone lets out a deep sigh.

"We were fine before these 'Gods' came. I certainly cannot deny the benefits since they have arrived, but...What if rescuing this one just leads to a takeover of our lands and a loss of what we value? Or what worse, these 'gods' are not as benevolent as they seem, and this is a ploy to make us all servants to them?"

She places her hands behind her and leans back, stretching out her body, looking to the sky.

"And what even makes them 'gods'? I mean, sure, they came from somewhere else, but powers? You have powers...are you a goddess?"

Seidou Haruyo

Post by Seidou Haruyo » Thu May 21, 2020 6:02 am

"Their fall from the Heavens," she said, "or so they say. Yet, that too will be an answer for what we will be able to determine for ourselves in this journey. I do not yet know the will of these beings come down from the Heavens but I am certain in journeying with them so, with them joined as they are, we will be able to see them for what they truly are. If they are conquerors of the spirits of men, or divine beings who have only guidance to offer us."

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Thu May 21, 2020 6:06 am

"I agree, it is best to observe still. Yet, with all of our tribe already declaring, soon we may not even have a place to call home unless we follow suit."

She closes her eyes and sighs.

"I liked our life before. Our tribe. I don't want to lose that."

Seidou Haruyo

Post by Seidou Haruyo » Thu May 21, 2020 7:54 am

Haruyo faces her cheek toward the ever-rising sun, letting it's warmth within as she thought and then spoke, "Even the earth beneath our feet must move at times, but when it does it moves in a manner as to be decisive and with impact. Never does the earth move that is not felt by all. Now, our tribe moves. So too must we, but in what manner will be decided by us. All that is important is that we find our way and commit to it."

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Thu May 21, 2020 8:38 am

"Ever right you are, my friend."

Satone glances over at the fire and the food being prepared.

"Just know that wherever you go, I will follow. Always."

"What sort of trials do you think we will face going to rescue this Fu Leng? More fights with the Nezumi?"

Seidou Haruyo

Post by Seidou Haruyo » Thu May 21, 2020 9:48 am

"I know this," she said with a smile. "It is why I never asked you so directly to follow, but that I merely accepted you would. Your devotion to me over the years.." she let the thought drift to her mind for a moment. All the time they had spent together. From when they were but younger girls exploring the world as far as they knew to now when things appeared so much larger.

"I do not know, but whatever we face it will be faced together. A new adventure for us," she said. "Adventures into unknown lands.. the last I remember doing such a thing brought me to you. Whatever awaits us, whatever hardships the grown world will have for us, I am yet certain we will meet them and prevail. As has always been."

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Thu May 21, 2020 9:53 am

"There you go again, doing one of the things I love about you. Being wise. I always am able to find comfort and intelligence in your words."

She looks at Haruyo, internally grateful that the woman could not see the desire...no, affection...on her face.

Seidou Haruyo

Post by Seidou Haruyo » Thu May 21, 2020 1:12 pm

Haruyo smiled and held out her hand, palm down toward Satone to grab so she might give Satone's a squeeze. Then without much of a wait she shifted her focus back to the fire and checked the temperature again. Making a note of how long it had been, "Nearly there.. I believe."

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Thu May 21, 2020 1:47 pm

"Good, I am quite hungry today. Who knows, this may be the last good meal we are able to get. I have heard rumors that the lands south where we are headed have become quite desolate. Best we stock up on easy to carry foodstuffs for the journey."

Satone goes over to the river and collects some water from it to boil with a pot in order to have fresh water to drink with the meal, placing the pot in the fire out of Haruyo's way.

"Have you given much though to where you want to go after this mission? "

Seidou Haruyo

Post by Seidou Haruyo » Fri May 22, 2020 7:53 am

"I believe this will be the type of outing that will change any such plans," she said, preparing something of a place of eating before she gathered the foods and then served them. With the break from conversation to focus on her task she took a moment.

"There is much being packed for the journey, I am certain. Whatever we might bring for ourselves will be a benefit as well."

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Fri May 22, 2020 8:37 am

"If only we had more time here, I could forge some proper weapons for folks. Alas, time is not on our side."

Satone chuckles a little

"Though saying that seems odd, they waited five years already to mount this rescue. If something happened to you, I would not wait five years to fix it. Some siblings these 'gods are'. "

Return to “Seidou River”