Dragons On The Prowl (D1, LA)

Togashi Nadare

Re: Dragons On The Prowl (D1, LA)

Post by Togashi Nadare » Wed May 20, 2020 12:07 pm

Nadare pondered that for a few moments before smiling. "I suppose that is one way of looking at it." He smiled at Saruko and then nodded at Wu. "Today Kyosei followed a hare and found three Dragons. How will tomorrow compare?"
Dragon ClanEarthTattooed • Herbalist • Sane • Enlightened
Samurai Without Borders (Co-founder)
Tattoos: Lion (Chest); Balance (Back)
Equipment: Yumi, knife, sturdy clothing, travel pack.

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Wed May 20, 2020 12:09 pm

"Hmm. Perhaps I will follow a Dragon, and find three hares? It would only be balanced, after all."
Kyosei of the Isawa Tribe
Shugenja • Earth • Experienced • Jade

Glory 2 • Reputation 4 • Status 1
Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.
When out in the area outside the camps, Axe, shovel, bo staff.

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Wed May 20, 2020 3:34 pm

Raising her hand, a finger tapped her chin in thought. "A dragon is worth three hares?"
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Wed May 20, 2020 3:46 pm

"Well, conversely, by your words, a Hare is worth three Dragons. So, one of us must be right, but which? Only the future can tell, I suppose."

small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.

Wu

Post by Wu » Wed May 20, 2020 7:29 pm

"Little god?" Quizzed the spearman, choosing to pass over the dragon-rabbit equivalence conundrum
Dragon Clan - Daimyo of the Wu - Black sheep of the Isawa tribe - Bushi - Spearman - Sage - Enlightened - Experienced
Equipment : In town: Ryu-yari, sturdy clothing. Outside : bronze and leather armor, Ryu-yari, Nage-Yari, Yumi

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Wed May 20, 2020 9:52 pm

The remark about 'little' made her stifle a giggle. For a number of reasons.

"Good question, friend Wu."
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Thu May 21, 2020 1:26 am

"A term one of those that was there 5 years ago, at their tournament, used to call them. It felt... fitting."

Wu

Post by Wu » Thu May 21, 2020 2:52 am

''Isawa indeed'' he sighed, not elaborating further

''A spirit might have snatched your quarry or otherwise played a trick on you...who may know now?''
Dragon Clan - Daimyo of the Wu - Black sheep of the Isawa tribe - Bushi - Spearman - Sage - Enlightened - Experienced
Equipment : In town: Ryu-yari, sturdy clothing. Outside : bronze and leather armor, Ryu-yari, Nage-Yari, Yumi

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Thu May 21, 2020 3:17 am

"I'm not sure if little is the term I would use for the Sun-Children," she said with a soft laugh.

She regarded the Isawa curiously, before looking to her fellow Dragon, and back to Kyosei. "Do you need help, Kyosei of the Isawa?"

Theme 2Profile

Togashi Nadare

Post by Togashi Nadare » Thu May 21, 2020 3:38 am

The tattooed man shrugged and turned to look at the tree line. Raising a hand he pretended to measure a tree. He then raised his other hand and did the same for the nearest mountain.

"Perspective."

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Thu May 21, 2020 10:07 pm

"Not really. Just hoping to get away from the crowds in town, and maybe find a little meat to take. Doesn't seem to be my day that way, though." He gives a shrug.

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Thu May 21, 2020 10:14 pm

Nadare's remark about perspective earned a knowing grin from the daimyo, but she focused back to the topic at hand. "If you're here for the expedition, there will be many opportunities to test your skills as a hunter... though probably in less bountiful lands, and with more dangers."

Saruko looked to the south for a moment, shuddering briefly.

Theme 2Profile

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Thu May 21, 2020 10:27 pm

"I am not the greatest hunter - thus why I go for smaller targets, like hares, not greater ones, like boar. I know the limits of my limited skill."

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Thu May 21, 2020 10:39 pm

"Then I wish you best of luck in the coming days, Kyosei of the Isawa."

She looked to Wu. "Did you come out to hunt or gather supplies as well, friend Wu?"

Theme 2Profile

Wu

Post by Wu » Fri May 22, 2020 3:02 am

He shook his head in answer to his fellow dragon's question ''I came here to meditate and listen to the forest, friend Shirayuki...I will wait until the evening for my hunt as the forest is already ripe with hunters.''

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Fri May 22, 2020 3:23 am

"Seems sensible." She hadn't been looking for prey, so her own foraging worked better at this time of day. "Have you prepared yourself for the trip? It's... going to be a spiritual challenge ahead of us."

Theme 2Profile

Wu

Post by Wu » Fri May 22, 2020 3:32 am

Wu frowned, pondering

''I am as prepared as I can be at the moment. I know hardship lies ahead but I am not certain of what will ultimately befall us.''

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Fri May 22, 2020 4:21 am

"I don't think anyone truly knows what will happen. Even Lord Togashi seems to think that the future regarding this is uncertain, as it can often be when we are facing a point in time that will have great impact on the path ahead." In contrast to the other Dragon daimyo, Saruko smiled reassuringly.

"I'm no expert on the realms beyond expect for my own experiences, but I understand that there are sacred substances that can protect us the closer we come to Jigoku and its influence. Jade is one."

Theme 2Profile

Wu

Post by Wu » Fri May 22, 2020 4:41 am

Wu raised an eyebrow, concerned ''I see...but I must ask what does this stone protects us from exactly? Does it ward against evil spirits?''

Togashi Nadare

Post by Togashi Nadare » Fri May 22, 2020 4:56 am

Nadare sat cross-legged as he watched the conversation. Eventually he closed his eyes and listened, enjoying the sensation of the grass, the light breeze, the voices.

Return to “Seidou River”