Dragons On The Prowl (D1, LA)

Togashi Saruko

Re: Dragons On The Prowl (D1, LA)

Post by Togashi Saruko » Fri May 22, 2020 5:42 am

"Many realms hold different powers. Even ours. The realm that holds the one we need to rescue, is a realm of entropy, corruption, and evil," she explained simply. Or rather, as simply as she could.
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Togashi Nadare

Post by Togashi Nadare » Fri May 22, 2020 6:56 am

"Nature exists in balance. Entropy is a part of that. But evil? Hmm. My knowledge of these other realms is somewhat limited, my friend." He opened one eye and focused it on Saruko. "Would you indulge me with a lesson?"
Dragon ClanEarthTattooed • Herbalist • Sane • Enlightened
Samurai Without Borders (Co-founder)
Tattoos: Lion (Chest); Balance (Back)
Equipment: Yumi, knife, sturdy clothing, travel pack.

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Fri May 22, 2020 7:28 am

Seeing as they were taking a break from their earlier task of hunting and foraging, she sat down as well.

"Well... hmmm... realms have a nature they follow, and you could say that their purpose is to enact that nature. Like the realm of animals, travellers who manage to find passages into that realm often look more animalistic when they are there. Or... the realm of dreams! Its nature is to make us dream, and we do that when we sleep!" She hoped that gave a good impression of what the realms could be like.

"So it is with this realm, Jigoku. Its purpose is to corrupt all, and from what I understand from Reiko of the Spider, the realm is trying to do that with Fu Leng as well, the brother of the Kami we are going to save. But because he's native to Tengoku, a sacred realm that is opposite of Jigoku, he is more resistant to it than most humans are. As humans, we are not innately resistant to it..."
Dragon • Ayakashi • Saru Daimyo • Wife of the Dragon • Storyteller • Artisan • Blessed by the Heavens • Monkey Soul • Spirit Walker • Heavenly Voice • Friend of Shinsei • Tattooed • Enlightened • Experienced Shirayuki

Theme 2Profile
Has: Padded armor, jian, bo, dancing fan, flowing robes, jade, shiny necklace, sea-shell bracelet, flute (dizi), hand-drum, painting supplies

Togashi Nadare

Post by Togashi Nadare » Fri May 22, 2020 8:57 am

"And this is where jade comes in? Resistance to Jigoku?" That seemed rather important to their mission. "You say it is the opposite of Tengoku. I wonder... Hmm."

Wu

Post by Wu » Fri May 22, 2020 9:12 am

Wu listened, contemplative
Dragon Clan - Daimyo of the Wu - Black sheep of the Isawa tribe - Bushi - Spearman - Sage - Enlightened - Experienced
Equipment : In town: Ryu-yari, sturdy clothing. Outside : bronze and leather armor, Ryu-yari, Nage-Yari, Yumi

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Fri May 22, 2020 9:43 am

She held up a hand. "I'm... not really an expert on the matter, but I understand that jade is a sacred substance, touched by Lady Sun herself. Its purity can ward off the corruption of Jigoku."

Looking at her fellow Dragon, it would seem to her that they had probably not taken such precautions, but she couldn't really fault them either. It wasn't exactly common knowledge, and she had traded for her supply on her way.

Procuring three stones from the insides of her robe, attached to a simple braided cord each, her deft hand detangled them from one another before holding forth two of them. "The people here might have some jade for trade that you might be able to get, but... if you can't, I want you to have at least one each."

Theme 2Profile

Togashi Nadare

Post by Togashi Nadare » Fri May 22, 2020 11:04 am

Nadare looked at the jade and came to a realization. One of his teacher's lessons made much more sense now. He smiled at Saruko.

"You are very kind my friend, but please, keep it for yourself. If there is no sign of any spare in town then I may reconsider my position."

Wu

Post by Wu » Sat May 23, 2020 2:55 am

'Wu nodded to Nadare's word's

''I am of the same position, I thank you for the offer but I must decline. I will seek to acquire my own and spread the word. Keeps yours for yourself or someone who could not get one in time.''
Dragon Clan - Daimyo of the Wu - Black sheep of the Isawa tribe - Bushi - Spearman - Sage - Enlightened - Experienced
Equipment : In town: Ryu-yari, sturdy clothing. Outside : bronze and leather armor, Ryu-yari, Nage-Yari, Yumi

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sat May 23, 2020 3:44 am

For a moment, she was thinking of Doji's lessons of etiquette, that the giver should offer three times to show their sincerity and the other refusing twice to not seem greedy.

Though after thinking it through, it seemed more likely to her that they were all being sincere and no further complicated ritual was needed.

"Then I will hold onto them for now. Hopefully everyone will be able to be protected." She suspected that the light of Tengoku she carried with her would protect her as well, but for the sake of those waiting for her, Saruko didn't want to take that chance.

"I pray we will all return safely. My husband would probably be saddened if you two were gone."

Theme 2Profile

Wu

Post by Wu » Sat May 23, 2020 9:07 am

''Sadness only lasts for a time'' the spearman said ''We all knew the risks''

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sat May 23, 2020 9:46 am

"Knowing the potential risks, and dealing with the fallout of the risks are different things," she remarked thoughtfully.

"We know the risks, but we also look out for one another."

Theme 2Profile

Kyosei of the Isawa

Post by Kyosei of the Isawa » Sat May 23, 2020 1:10 pm

If Kyosei had not wandered off for a moment, at another sighting of a hare, or as though he lost internet for a while, he might have had things happen differently in the day. But, those revelations would have to wait till that evening. He returned and gave a nod of his head. "It was good to meet you, Togashi, Togashi, and Togashi. May the kami support and guide you."
Kyosei of the Isawa Tribe
Shugenja • Earth • Experienced • Jade

Glory 2 • Reputation 4 • Status 1
Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle.
When out in the area outside the camps, Axe, shovel, bo staff.

Wu

Post by Wu » Sat May 23, 2020 9:25 pm

Wu was to reply to Saruko when the Isawa bade farewell

''And on you as well...although I am only Wu.'' he said with a smile

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sun May 24, 2020 1:15 am

She waved farewell to the Isawa.

"We can call you an honorary Togashi," Saruko jested with a wide grin.

Theme 2Profile

Wu

Post by Wu » Sun May 24, 2020 8:08 am

Wu raised an eyebrow but did not comment further then

''If you wish''

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Sun May 24, 2020 9:37 pm

Ah... rough crowd...

"... Well, I suppose I should return to gathering supplies for the trip... unless there was something else?"

Theme 2Profile

Wu

Post by Wu » Mon May 25, 2020 7:24 am

Wu looked at the the other two dragons to see if anything else was to be discussed before venturing

''Do we have any other goals beside the success of this journey?''

Togashi Saruko

Post by Togashi Saruko » Mon May 25, 2020 7:43 am

The woman seemed a bit puzzled by the question.

"... Make sure we return home safely...?"

It didn't seem like she had any agenda in mind other than that and the mission itself.

Theme 2Profile

Return to “Seidou River”