[LE D1] Fish Do Not Sleep (open)

Wu

Re: [LE D1] Fish Do Not Sleep (open)

Post by Wu » Sat May 23, 2020 2:58 am

The nezumi's comment struck Wu's curiosity

''So jade is not only protection but a weapon as well? I would be honored if you could tell me how to make the paste.''

Would it be possible to make a weapon out of a large stone?
Dragon Clan - Daimyo of the Wu - Black sheep of the Isawa tribe - Bushi - Spearman - Sage - Enlightened - Experienced
Equipment : In town: Ryu-yari, sturdy clothing. Outside : bronze and leather armor, Ryu-yari, Nage-Yari, Yumi

Yogo

Post by Yogo » Sat May 23, 2020 3:05 am

''Jade'' he replied ''Jade is said to be able to resist and help resist the touch of corruption...but only if backed by a strong will''

He paused

''I humbly suggest you buy some from our hosts.''
"So. How much is that stuff anyway?" he asked Wu, pointing at the sliver his was holding. "Will I have, and my own charms". It sounded like he didn't quite see why his bone charms would be any worse than the piece of stone the other man had.
"Maybe. If they chase, no-tire. Have to fight-kill-destroy." He pointed at the jade "Green-shine rock hurt lots. When find, we crush down to paste with oil, coat weapon. But rare." He watched the shaman do his thing, summoning fire. "No know if effect manthing magic. Nezumi shaman still able to use shaman magic. But not like manthing magic. And not all burn. Some hide like stone. Other burn on own."
"Well, that I can do." the young human huffed. "How do you even cut down something that's made of stone?" Bronze and wood wouldn't dent stone. Harder stone could break stone, but if the stone you wanted to cut fought back, that complicated things a fair bit.
Unaliged • Shoji Tribe • Shugenja • Fire • Traveler
Description
Carries: Worn sword, satchel, knife.

Ko

Post by Ko » Sat May 23, 2020 4:05 am

Ko laughed sheepishly. "If the magic in that green rock is as strong as you say, I don't think I carry enough trade goods to exchange for something like that." Besides, buying magic felt like bad luck.

"So we will have to be quick, but ready for a fight." She nodded at Cha-jaku-maat. Ko came from people who were used to being the underdog; almost everything they confronted on their rocky shoreline was more powerful than they were, from the sea itself on down. The trick was to pick your ground when you could.
Shore People ✖ 'Bushi? That sounds right' ✖ Stone-tool-user ✖ Awkward ✖ On A Quest
Status: 1.0 ✖ Glory: 1.0 ✖ Reputation: Bad, real bad ✖ Character description

Wears: Simple clothing, pearl and coral jewelry, copper coin bracelet; light armor when expecting danger.
Carries: Walking staff or yumi (or both); knives; jade, pack with misc fishing & survival tools and small daily items. Warclub (tetsubo) when needed.

Wu

Post by Wu » Sat May 23, 2020 4:18 am

''Each finger of jade was around eight silver coins''' he replied honestly ''Not cheap but very well worth it...''
Dragon Clan - Daimyo of the Wu - Black sheep of the Isawa tribe - Bushi - Spearman - Sage - Enlightened - Experienced
Equipment : In town: Ryu-yari, sturdy clothing. Outside : bronze and leather armor, Ryu-yari, Nage-Yari, Yumi

Yogo

Post by Yogo » Sat May 23, 2020 4:35 am

"Uh." Togo grimaced. "I'll be trusting these." He patted his chest, the bird bones rattling ominously. "I mean, if someone hands me some, I am not going to say no, but... eh. Magic is a tricky thing."
Description

Wu

Post by Wu » Sat May 23, 2020 4:38 am

''Those verse in the knowledge of the spirit realms put their confidence in this stone. There is a remedy for all illnesses my friend, Jade just happens to be the remedy for this one.''

Ko

Post by Ko » Sat May 23, 2020 11:02 am

"Do you know about spirits and other realms, Wu Deer-spearer?" Ko interrupted. "You talk a lot about shaman things, for a person who hunts and makes war."
Shore People ✖ 'Bushi? That sounds right' ✖ Stone-tool-user ✖ Awkward ✖ On A Quest

Wears: Simple clothing, pearl and coral jewelry, copper coin bracelet; light armor when expecting danger.
Carries: Walking staff or yumi (or both); knives; jade, pack with misc fishing & survival tools and small daily items. Warclub (tetsubo) when needed.

Wu

Post by Wu » Sat May 23, 2020 9:27 pm

''I know some'' he began ''I was born in the tribe of Isawa and we had such knowledge...although now I walk the path of enlightment along with Togashi-sensei.''

Yogo

Post by Yogo » Sat May 23, 2020 9:54 pm

"The Isawa are know for their mastery of elements." Yogo nodded. And being arrogant pricks. Wu seemed to adhere to the traits his tribe was known for, the young man mused to himself. "But what is this path of enlightenment?" By now he had some idea who Togashi was, or at least that he was a Kami just like Shiba and Shinjo. "What it's all about?"
Description

Wu

Post by Wu » Sat May 23, 2020 11:34 pm

Wu turned contemplative for a second

''Enlightenment...'' he began ''...is hard to describe in words. The closest I can come to it is that the road of enlightenment is one of spiritual awakening and oneness.'' he paused ''A state of mindfulness and serenity, transendant of the self.''

Ko

Post by Ko » Sun May 24, 2020 4:16 am

"But what does that actually mean? How do you do it?" This sounded awfully vague to Ko.

Wu

Post by Wu » Sun May 24, 2020 5:27 am

''As I said it is hard to describe and the path one must take to reach it is, ultimately, personnal. It does start with the exploration and mastery of the self.''

Yogo

Post by Yogo » Sun May 24, 2020 5:40 am

"Well. Uh. How does one master oneself then?" Yogo asked, just as curious as Ko. "And if everyone has to follow their own path, doesn't it mean that anyone can reach it?"
Description

Wu

Post by Wu » Sun May 24, 2020 5:50 am

''Indeed'' Wu nodded ''Enlightenment is a path all can achieve...both gods and men are equal while walking it.'' he frowned, taking a pause to rummage his mind

''Mastery of the self is mastery of one's body, mind and spirit. One's body is the simpler one but still not easy. Mastery of the mind is more tricky as it encourages us to recognise our own ignorance and biases to seek to be able to think freely and search for the truth. Mastery of the spirit is...'' now he really was searching his words ''...the harmony one's sould with the universe...''

He grimaced

''Forgive me if my explanation is confusing. Enlightenment is the ultimate mystery of our existence and...I am not far enough on the path myself to properly explain it fully''

Return to “Seidou River”