A-Hunting We Will Go! [D1 LM, Expecting]

Miyako

A-Hunting We Will Go! [D1 LM, Expecting]

Post by Miyako » Tue May 19, 2020 11:36 pm

(expectations among the Unaligned!)

When the announcement was raised in the city that supplies would need to be gathered for the expedition that was to come, calls could be heard in the morning hours from individuals organizing various efforts in and around the city: accounting of things in a storage building, loading foodstuff from the fields in the nearby farmland onto wagons to bring into the city, and so on. One of these callers that caught Miyako's attention was an excursion into the riverlands to hunt for wild game, as much as could be found and as early as it could be obtained so that the food might be cleaned, cut, and preserved as best as could be before the expedition ventured out - just the exact sort of thing she had been looking for!

By the late morning hours after she had gotten everything together, she arrived in the riverlands, bow in hand with quiver and pack slung over her, a straw hat helpfully blocking out the rising light of the day as she surveyed the area before her from a small hilltop she rested upon. A couple wild boar drank from the cool waters in the distance, a few large birds seemed to be bobbing for fish... already it looked like the hunt might be a fruitful one. But hunting alone carried plenty of risks, and these lands were unfamiliar to her. And so she waited moments longer to see if others heard the Call of the Hunt and would join her.
Chinsei Tribe * Hunter (Bushi) * Herbalist * Storyteller * Singer * Pleasant-Voiced * Sharp-Eyed? * Talkative! * Night Child
Status: 0.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Reputation: Normal / What is Expected

Speaking * Signing
Equipment: Light armor, sturdy clothing, wide-brimmed straw hat, straw cloak, yari, yumi, quiver, water and rations, traveling pack
Profile!

Koun

Re: A-Hunting We Will Go! [D1 LM, Expecting]

Post by Koun » Tue May 19, 2020 11:39 pm

Padding along, humming a tune to himself is Koun. He sees the other hunter and waves. "Hello, are you hunting? Would you like some help?"

He moves closer. "Hi, I'm Koun, a wandering hero. Perhaps you have heard of me?"
Wanderer - Hero of the People? - Happy Go Lucky - Naive - Warrior

Status: 0.0 * Glory: 0.0 * Reputation: Just this guy, you know?

I have a sword and a bow and people to help.

Inga

Post by Inga » Tue May 19, 2020 11:43 pm

Inga arrived with bow in hand, knive close and quiver on her hip. She saw the two people that seemed to be ready to get on the hunt. "Morning... I am Inga of the Shoji." She waved.
Last edited by Inga on Tue May 19, 2020 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
♧Shoji tribe ♧Bushi ♧Unlucky ♧Daredevil ♧Superstitious ♧Fortune Teller ♧Haunted ♧ Very Unfortunate
♧Glory: 1 ♧Reputation: Untrustworthy ♧Status:1

Equipment: Bow, quiver, Light armor, Finger of Jade, Tanto,

Koun

Post by Koun » Tue May 19, 2020 11:47 pm

Koun smiles. "Welcome, Inga of the Shinjo. Yes, we are the brave hunting party. I am Koun."

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Tue May 19, 2020 11:58 pm

Satone approaches the group hesitantly, looking at each of them warily.

"Hello. Welcome to Seidou lands"

She says, her voice sing song and pleasant despite her rugged appearance.
Seidou Tribe|Bushi|Large|Strength of the Earth|Blessed by the Earth|Kharmic Tie|Doubt|True Love|Bad Eyesight
Carries: Light Armor, Dai Tsuchi wrapped in blessed rope, Blacksmithing Gear, Jade pendant, 7 uses of jade dust oil
Bodyguard for Seidou Haruyo

Koun

Post by Koun » Wed May 20, 2020 12:00 am

Koun bows. "Thank you for the kind welcome, we seek to be good guests."

Yogo

Post by Yogo » Wed May 20, 2020 12:02 am

Having bathed, Yogo had bumped into a group of people heading into the woods and had joined them. While he didn't have a bow - never having had the need for one, he was a passable tracker, tagging along as extra pair of eyes, hoping he would not make too much of a fool of himself.

"Good morning everyone." the young man greeted everyone with a smile flickering on his lips. "Your bathhouse thing is awesome. How do you keep the water warm?" he asked Satone.
Unaliged • Shoji Tribe • Shugenja • Fire • Traveler
Description
Carries: Worn sword, satchel, knife.

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Wed May 20, 2020 12:03 am

Satone shrugs a little.

"Good or bad, doesn't matter to me. Not really our lands anymore now that some big bastard fell from the sky and wooed Anjing. Seidou lands we may call it, but I think now it all belongs to that Hida guy"

Looking to Yogo Satone shrugs again.

"Another one of those gods came up with it. Shinjo I think was her name? I'm not sure the mechanics of it."
Seidou Tribe|Bushi|Large|Strength of the Earth|Blessed by the Earth|Kharmic Tie|Doubt|True Love|Bad Eyesight
Carries: Light Armor, Dai Tsuchi wrapped in blessed rope, Blacksmithing Gear, Jade pendant, 7 uses of jade dust oil

Inga

Post by Inga » Wed May 20, 2020 12:11 am

Inga smiled. It has been long since she had group hunted like this. "Any pointers on where we might find a good spot."
♧Shoji tribe ♧Bushi ♧Unlucky ♧Daredevil ♧Superstitious ♧Fortune Teller ♧Haunted ♧ Very Unfortunate

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Wed May 20, 2020 12:13 am

"I've hunted here a bit, though with all the recent traffic and development, game has been all over. I'd suggest we go a ways out still."

She motions away to the south

-------
(I can either assist someone or try at 3k2/4k3, happy to do either one)

Miyako

Post by Miyako » Wed May 20, 2020 12:19 am

She waved her arm over her head as the first person appeared, but she was quickly surprised to see not one or two but almost a half-dozen among their number when she included herself!

"Greetings and good morning, one and all! I am Miyako of the Chinsei," she greeted everyone with quite a pleasant tone and a smile. "If you are hear answering the call regarding a hunting party to gather supplies, you are definitely in the right place! I figure we'll wait a bit longer to see whom else wishes to answer the call, but if you're eager to start that is fine as well: we don't want too big of a group all in one place lest we scare everything away. I've already sighted a couple of promising game by the riverside - it sounds like Satone has familiarity with these lands and it is most welcome to defer to one with knowledge on such things! I am hoping we will have much success this morning. There should also be plenty of fish in these rivers for those inclined to catch them, or at least that's what I was told. I have not seen anything yet that would be overly dangerous to us, but the boar can be aggressive," she described as she looked over her shoulder briefly towards the river area before turning back around.

"Are most of you also joining in this expedition venturing out tomorrow morning that we gather supplies for or are you helping out those that are?"
Chinsei Tribe * Hunter (Bushi) * Herbalist * Storyteller * Singer * Pleasant-Voiced * Sharp-Eyed? * Talkative! * Night Child

Speaking * Signing
Equipment: Light armor, sturdy clothing, wide-brimmed straw hat, straw cloak, yari, yumi, quiver, water and rations, traveling pack
Profile!

Inga

Post by Inga » Wed May 20, 2020 12:23 am

"Excellent..." Inga clapped her hands. "We could find something nice to kill. All help is welcomed."

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Wed May 20, 2020 12:26 am

"If we do come across anything dangerous, let me get in its way. You all can get behind me and kill it while I keep its attention."

Inga

Post by Inga » Wed May 20, 2020 12:45 am

"Sounds like a plan." Inga placed her hand on her quiver. "But what kind of creatures we might encounter?"

Miyako

Post by Miyako » Wed May 20, 2020 12:52 am

Miyako looked Satone over after she made the offer: tall, strong-looking, could probably pick any of the rest of them up pretty easily. Her assessment made, she smiled at the suggestion.

"Hopefully it won't come to that, but indeed, sounds like a worthy plan! And for those that haven't hunted often enough but still wish to help, a good set of spotters can do everyone else wonders in tracking things down and pointing folks in the right direction," she addressed to the others. "Maybe work out a hand signal or two with a partner so you don't have to shout and scare things off."

Speaking * Signing
Profile!

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Wed May 20, 2020 1:00 am

Satone nods at Miyako in approval.

She looks back to Inga and says in a softer voice to not interrupt the planning,

"Outside of general woodland wildlife? Ogre. Troll. Giant Rats."

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi » Wed May 20, 2020 1:05 am

Another figure came up upon the lot of them, wrapped in a dark cloak with a strip of thin black linen over her face. Red eyes stared at those present, partially shielded by the light. She had a strung bow in one hand and a quiver over her shoulder. No blade was visible on her person, but rather what looked like a pair of tools for grinding millet and wheat in a stone pestle. Old, aged, oiled wood stood out at her sides, the tonfa being treated with far more care than food preparation tools deserved.

She nodded to those present. "Phi. We are here to hunt, yes?" she said, her voice a bit like gravel while she looked them over, her eyes almost seeming to bore through them, each in turn. "We wait for others, or is this the lot of us? We'll want to spread a bit. Game hate crowds."
Disciple of Shinsei * Experienced Phi * Disturbing Countenance * Former Rappa
Status - 1.0, Reputation - "What is Expected," Glory - 2.0
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Profile * Theme Song * It's pronounced "Fee" * (The safe word is "Sea Cucumber")

Yogo

Post by Yogo » Wed May 20, 2020 1:31 am

Seeing that Miyako seemed to know what she was doing, the young man nodded when she spoke. He had no reason to protest, since he could not claim he knew the lands, but he was wondering if they were too many. "Yeah, I think we might want to spread a bit. There's definitely enough of us for two groups at least. We'll cover more area that way too."
Unaliged • Shoji Tribe • Shugenja • Fire • Traveler
Description
Carries: Worn sword, satchel, knife.

Koun

Post by Koun » Wed May 20, 2020 1:37 am

Koun nods. "That seems like an excellent plan, friend Yogo. Since there are dangerous creatures around, we should not split up so much that either group can come to the aid of the other if needed."

Miyako

Post by Miyako » Wed May 20, 2020 1:49 am

She nodded her head and smiled as the newcomer arrived. "Good morning, Phi - Miyako of the Chinsei. And yes, you have arrived in the right place for the hunt and are most welcome to join us!" Miyako looked up at the sky briefly - clouds had passed, the giant fireball had moved... now was as good a time as any!

"Yes, I think this will be enough for now: don't want to wait too long after all. Two groups of three should be sufficient and efficient, though if you all will do keep an eye out and see if anyone else appears on the horizon as we catch them up and bring them in as needed. Unless anyone feels strongly or has any objections... Yogo, perhaps you and Kuon and Satone? And Phi, that will have you with Inga and I," she said, gesturing at each in turn as a measure of introducing them all to the newcomer.

"And as has been suggested, we can try southward to start. Unless anyone has any final things they need to take care of first," she started, giving her bow and string a quick once-over before looking back at the group, "I'm ready to go!"

Speaking * Signing
Profile!

Return to “Seidou River”