A-Hunting We Will Go! [D1 LM, Expecting]

Reo

Re: A-Hunting We Will Go! [D1 LM, Expecting]

Post by Reo » Thu May 21, 2020 4:52 am

"Nice work." Reo gestured to the animals set to drain and the towering redhead at her job. "You do a lot of dressing?"
Archer | Kakita Tribe | Spider Clan | Bad Limp | Not a People Person | Healer
Yumi with lots of arrows, Light Armor, Medicine Kit, Mortar and Pestle, finger of Jade, 3 uses of jade dust

Inga

Post by Inga » Thu May 21, 2020 11:07 pm

Inga jumped down the tree. The Shoji continued her quest to look for medical herbs. Probably most of the people have been hunting for animals, so Inga thought it was better to get medicine since they didn't quite know what could be used on the southern lands. Doing this alone is quite tedious perhaps someone would help her along. "Someone would like to help me gather more fruits and hebs?" She asked to no one in particular.
♧Shoji tribe ♧Bushi ♧Unlucky ♧Daredevil ♧Superstitious ♧Fortune Teller ♧Haunted ♧ Very Unfortunate
♧Glory: 1 ♧Reputation: Untrustworthy ♧Status:1

Equipment: Bow, quiver, Light armor, Finger of Jade, Tanto,

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Fri May 22, 2020 12:44 am

Reo wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 4:52 am
"Nice work." Reo gestured to the animals set to drain and the towering redhead at her job. "You do a lot of dressing?"
"Some, I have to take care of finding and preparing the food we find when my friend and I are traveling. She is blind, so it made me learn a great many skills"
Seidou Tribe|Bushi|Large|Strength of the Earth|Blessed by the Earth|Kharmic Tie|Doubt|True Love|Bad Eyesight
Carries: Light Armor, Dai Tsuchi wrapped in blessed rope, Blacksmithing Gear, Jade pendant, 7 uses of jade dust oil
Bodyguard for Seidou Haruyo

Yogo

Post by Yogo » Fri May 22, 2020 12:50 am

At some point the Yogo did some hunting of his own, managing to catch something to take back to the castle.
Unaliged • Shoji Tribe • Shugenja • Fire • Traveler
Description
Carries: Worn sword, satchel, knife.

Reo

Post by Reo » Fri May 22, 2020 1:10 am

Seidou Satone wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 12:44 am
"Hmm. Admirable. Not many people would put up with someone with such a severe disability"

Reo continues hanging up his game. "And it is a testament to be well rounded."
Yumi with lots of arrows, Light Armor, Medicine Kit, Mortar and Pestle, finger of Jade, 3 uses of jade dust

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Fri May 22, 2020 2:21 am

Satone gives Reo a harsh look.

"It isn't a disability for her, we have been together since childhood, I am her eyes and her bodyguard, but she is quite capable on her own and an accomplished spiritual leader. She can speak to things I cannot and make things i do not understand happen. Like suddenly hurling a giant bolder at our enemies without lifting a finger, for example."
Seidou Tribe|Bushi|Large|Strength of the Earth|Blessed by the Earth|Kharmic Tie|Doubt|True Love|Bad Eyesight
Carries: Light Armor, Dai Tsuchi wrapped in blessed rope, Blacksmithing Gear, Jade pendant, 7 uses of jade dust oil

Miyako

Post by Miyako » Fri May 22, 2020 2:37 am

Inga wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 11:07 pm
"Someone would like to help me gather more fruits and hebs?" She asked to no one in particular.
"Sure, just give me a moment!" Miyako called out as she was busily stringing up the couple of pheasants that she had caught and dragged back over away from the main action to the line of standing trees being used for cleaning and dressing. After hoisting the birds up and tying them in place, she took out her knife and, with a few clean strokes, lopped off the heads and left it at that: draining them, she figured, would be good enough, and once she brought them back to the city the real butchers could quickly de-feather and prepare them for the expedition far better than she could out in the field.

"Anything in particular you think we need to get? Moss-grass, some flowers and roots, berries...?"
Chinsei Tribe * Hunter (Bushi) * Herbalist * Storyteller * Singer * Pleasant-Voiced * Sharp-Eyed? * Talkative! * Night Child
Status: 0.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Reputation: Normal / What is Expected

Speaking * Signing
Equipment: Light armor, sturdy clothing, wide-brimmed straw hat, straw cloak, yari, yumi, quiver, water and rations, traveling pack
Profile!

Inga

Post by Inga » Fri May 22, 2020 2:53 am

Inga gave it a thought. "I found some moss grass so I think that is covered... perhaps some roots and berries." The young woman nodded. "Some leaves from that bush over there... and let's see the roots we might get." She moved closer to a plant. "May be we can find some mountain yams." She knelt to start digging with her knife.
♧Shoji tribe ♧Bushi ♧Unlucky ♧Daredevil ♧Superstitious ♧Fortune Teller ♧Haunted ♧ Very Unfortunate

Reo

Post by Reo » Fri May 22, 2020 3:04 am

"Really now? One of those kami people?" Reo notices an odd look but continues on without missing a beat. "I guess it's less commendable then? I mean, if you want to detract from your own work, who am I to begrudge you? Sorry, that's a lot of questions, I do that. Still, it's something. Amara would like you, she's the one who...you know."

Reo gestures awkwardly.

Miyako

Post by Miyako » Fri May 22, 2020 3:18 am

"Bushleaves - I think I can take care of that," Miyako responded, nodding emphatically as she started to wander towards the bushes and begin gathering the leafiest of the leaves. She started to pick off a few with one hand as she held a branch in the other, though Inga's digging had her looking back at the woman for a moment.

"... mountain yams? Can't say I've ever seen one of those. What do you use those for?"
Chinsei Tribe * Hunter (Bushi) * Herbalist * Storyteller * Singer * Pleasant-Voiced * Sharp-Eyed? * Talkative! * Night Child

Speaking * Signing
Equipment: Light armor, sturdy clothing, wide-brimmed straw hat, straw cloak, yari, yumi, quiver, water and rations, traveling pack
Profile!

Inga

Post by Inga » Fri May 22, 2020 3:49 am

"Well... they are collected for the winter months...when the animals are scarce. They can be cooked and made into this mush. " The girl chuckled. "It looks horrible but has a good flavor." She nodded. "It is a long fat root with some hairs."

Miyako

Post by Miyako » Fri May 22, 2020 6:10 am

"Oh, so you... eat it? Do you flavor it with anything at least? It sounds... mushy," she responded, letting out a short laugh over lack of a better term while she looked over the leaves she held in her hand that she had collected. "Eh, but who am I to say? Berry-mash in a bowl probably looks a lot worse, especially with the ripened red ones where you look down and you have some lumpy mess staring back at you... looks like someone smashed up a poor hare in front of you. You think this will be enough or should I pick another branch-full?" she asked, lifting her hands to show all the leaves she got so far.

Speaking * Signing
Profile!

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Fri May 22, 2020 7:31 am

Reo wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 3:04 am
"Really now? One of those kami people?" Reo notices an odd look but continues on without missing a beat. "I guess it's less commendable then? I mean, if you want to detract from your own work, who am I to begrudge you? Sorry, that's a lot of questions, I do that. Still, it's something. Amara would like you, she's the one who...you know."

Reo gestures awkwardly.
At the rambling Satone just narrows her eyes, continuing her work.

"Amara?"

Reo

Post by Reo » Fri May 22, 2020 7:33 am

"Yeah. She's the one who looked after little old me when no one else would. Got me a bow so I wouldn't go insane from inactivity during the recovery."

If Reo understands that his welcome is wearing thin, he shows no sign of it.

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Fri May 22, 2020 8:36 am

Satone looks up and wipes her brow with a forearm, then observes Reo again.

"How'd it happen? Boar? Fight?"

Inga

Post by Inga » Fri May 22, 2020 10:24 pm

Miyako wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 6:10 am
"Oh, so you... eat it? Do you flavor it with anything at least? It sounds... mushy," she responded, letting out a short laugh over lack of a better term while she looked over the leaves she held in her hand that she had collected. "Eh, but who am I to say? Berry-mash in a bowl probably looks a lot worse, especially with the ripened red ones where you look down and you have some lumpy mess staring back at you... looks like someone smashed up a poor hare in front of you. You think this will be enough or should I pick another branch-full?" she asked, lifting her hands to show all the leaves she got so far.
"Yes, and seasoned it with little salt to bring out the flavor." Inga shrugged. "I think those are enough." She started to dig.

Reo

Post by Reo » Fri May 22, 2020 10:57 pm

"I wish. Childhood accident. No one wanted a child who couldn't walk all day working in the fields."

Reo shrugged. "I would imagine its the same other places"

Seidou Satone

Post by Seidou Satone » Sat May 23, 2020 10:34 am

"I see. Surprised you lived then. Must be pretty strong. Glad to have strong folks with us on this trip."

Return to “Seidou River”