[D1 LM] A Bit of Collecting

Taochusu

Re: [D1 LM] A Bit of Collecting

Post by Taochusu » Wed May 20, 2020 5:25 am

"So, you are a survivalist yourself?" he asks, curious given the plants he collected.
Wanderer • Large

Carries: light armor, dai tsuchi, guqin, yumi & arrows, small knife, hatchet, jade finger

Shinjo Miuna

Post by Shinjo Miuna » Wed May 20, 2020 5:47 am

Miuna wandered down to the river, Aono in tow. She spotted two figures conversing. She chuckled inwardly, seeing the one man standing large and imposing while the other was smaller and thin. When she finally reached the men, she saw the small collection of herbs and reeds. She waved at them as she came close, gesturing to Aono. "It looks like they are gathering plants, I want to help!"

Aono turned, bowing to the two men. "I am Shinjo Aono, and this is Miuna. It seems that you are gathering herbs, may we assist? Miuna is well versed in herbalism and would be a great help."

Miuna bowed and then removed her shoes. The warm weather made the ground warm in turn, and she very much enjoyed the sensation of being barefoot. She wiggled her toes against the grass. She smiled up at everyone and waited to see what they thought. She only wanted to be useful and this seemed an excellent way to be of service.
Last edited by Shinjo Miuna on Wed May 20, 2020 8:01 am, edited 3 times in total.
Ki-Rin • Blessed by Tengoku • Dangerous Beauty • Deaf • Feisty
• Shugenja • Small • Soft-hearted

Miuna | Aono | Description

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Wed May 20, 2020 5:56 am

"I don't see any problem with that. Just be careful if you want to get reeds. The river water is quick so you don't want to go too deep. Anything above your knees and the current might take you," the giant replies with a nod.
Wanderer • Large

Carries: light armor, dai tsuchi, guqin, yumi & arrows, small knife, hatchet, jade finger

Shinjo Miuna

Post by Shinjo Miuna » Wed May 20, 2020 7:08 am

Miuna huffed, signing to her sister. "I'm not a child, I know the river is dangerous. And I'm definitely not tall enough to wade in there."

Aono patted her on the shoulder as she spoke. "Miuna thanks you for that advice. We shall stay clear of the swift currents." She turned her attention to Miuna. "Go and see what you can find, and be careful. Try not to stray too from where I can see you."

Miuna rolled her eyes, but signed a simple OK. She bent down over the thinner man's plants, recognizing them as phragmites. Looking at the young man, she brought one hand, open palmed to her lips, then downward into the waiting open palm of her other hand. She then turned both hands over and made them into fists, layering them one over the other and knocking the top gently onto the bottom. Then she dashed off to find her own plants.

Aono laughed, watching her go. She looked down at the plants herself, also recognizing them. "Ah, I see, phragmites. The hand gestures were probably confusing, but that was Miuna's way of saying "Good job". She was born without hearing, so she typically communicates without speaking, though she can read lips very well. Apologies, but I didn't catch either of your names."
Last edited by Shinjo Miuna on Thu May 21, 2020 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jiyo Ayumu

Post by Jiyo Ayumu » Wed May 20, 2020 3:20 pm

Taochusu wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 5:25 am
"So, you are a survivalist yourself?" he asks, curious given the plants he collected.
"Far from it. I come from the Isawa, a big and organized tribe. That we don't make grow ourselves in tidy fields, we tend to collect in group, and in a wilderness close enough to our home that its dangers are limited. I am myself more knowledgeable on how to process plants to make things out of them than on how to collect them. A bit of an overspecialization if you ask me, that does deserve me right now."
Shinjo Miuna wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 7:08 am
Aono laughed, watching her go. She looked down at the plants herself, also recognizing them. "Ah, I see, phragmites. The hand gestures were probably confusing, but that was Miuna's way of saying "Good job". She was born without hearing, so she typically communicates without speaking, though she can read lips very well. Apologies, but I didn't catch either of your names."
"Hi. I'm Ayumu. Well, Jiyo Ayumu technically. From Shiba's flock. But just call me Ayumu. Nice to meet you."

A bit confused.

"Would it be more convenient if I was to write it? I'm sure I can manage to turn a reed into a good enough pen, and the mud into a good enough canvas.

Anyway, we could use the extra help, thank you very much."
Imperial | Former Isawa | Bushi | Artisan | Skeletal
Outfit in camp: No weapon, no trinket (D1-D7), jade (D9+) | On patrol: Light armor, yari, bronze sword, yumi + quiver
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Reputation: What Is Expected | Description

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Wed May 20, 2020 4:40 pm

"I do kind of recognize the name Isawa. My original tribe was not too far from the Isawa if I remember correctly. Though we were a lot smaller. And the tribe no longer exists, wiped out by an illness over a decade ago. I'm the last of us, but the Isawa were the first people I traded with I think. That was before I learned hunting and just hauled some lumber to one of the nearest villages," he explains.

Looking to the Shinjo girl. "I am Taochusu, a simple wanderer. Good to meet you."
Wanderer • Large

Shinjo Miuna

Post by Shinjo Miuna » Wed May 20, 2020 11:41 pm

Jiyo Ayumu wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 3:20 pm
"Hi. I'm Ayumu. Well, Jiyo Ayumu technically. From Shiba's flock. But just call me Ayumu. Nice to meet you."

A bit confused.

"Would it be more convenient if I was to write it? I'm sure I can manage to turn a reed into a good enough pen, and the mud into a good enough canvas.

Anyway, we could use the extra help, thank you very much."
Aono shook her head. "That's alright, she can understand you just fine, as long as you are facing her so she can see your mouth moving. Well met, Jiyo and Taochusu. Thank you for letting her assist." She bowed her head slightly in thanks.

About 20 minutes later, Miuna returned with a bushel of Mallows, Sage and Lemon Balm. She smiled triumphantly, showing what she had gathered to the group. It was enough to put together a medical kit.

D1, LM, Medicine (herbalism), herb gathering: 4d10ro1o10k3 29

((Approved by Bakuriel))

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Wed May 20, 2020 11:51 pm

"That will come in handy on the trip, I'm sure," he says with a nod. "Ohh, that one," he says pointing at the sage. "It's great for making a good stew, or just putting on meat before roasting."

It seems that when you teach yourself you tend not to learn names or come up with your own. He seems to just recognize it.

"One of my favorites."
Wanderer • Large

Shinjo Miuna

Post by Shinjo Miuna » Thu May 21, 2020 6:16 am

She smiles, happy to see the large man recognize it. "Un!"

She signs and Aono interprets, "I enjoy the fragrance, though I've never thought to put it into food. What a good idea, thank you!"

"I didn't get their names, how rude of me," she signs to Aono. Aono spells out their names for her. "Thank you, Taochusu!" She amends.

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Thu May 21, 2020 6:26 am

"I never used it for anything else," he says with a nod. "You're welcome. Works better if you dry the plant out with smoke first then grind it up. Then you can rub it onto the meat. But it's fine to just boil it as is for a stew."
Wanderer • Large

Shinjo Miuna

Post by Shinjo Miuna » Thu May 21, 2020 11:37 pm

Miuna beamed at Taochusu, filling away that information for later. When they returned, she would have to try the technique.

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Fri May 22, 2020 2:15 am

"What do the two of you usually do for your people?" he asks to the Ki-rin pair.
Wanderer • Large

Return to “Seidou River”