[D1 LA] Chores

Taochusu

[D1 LA] Chores

Post by Taochusu » Wed May 20, 2020 11:40 pm

Taochusu was not one for sitting idle too much during the day. Preserving energy had it's place, but so did helping out people who were feeding you. He was eating in the dining hall of the city so he figured he may as well be helping with the people of the city. For the second day in a row he made his way around to the homes in the farmlands and asked about any chores that might need completed.

Eventually he came to one home where an elderly couple lived with their grandchild. They seemed appreciative of the offer and showed him to a pile of wood behind the house that needed cutting for fires. The giant nodded his agreement and began doing his thing, using their axe, which was larger than his own hatchet, and getting to work.

Slowly but surely he was turning the raw log pile out back into a large, neatly stacked firewood pile near their front door.
Wanderer • Large

Carries: light armor, dai tsuchi, guqin, yumi & arrows, small knife, hatchet, jade finger

Doji Kakuro

Re: [D1 LA] Chores

Post by Doji Kakuro » Thu May 21, 2020 12:10 am

The burly man was not the only one that had that idea. A rather thin and normal man wearing some ragged clothes and a straw hat also appeared in the nearby of the farmlands of the Seidou. He was carrying a pipe, which he used from time to time to smoke some herb, which was curious.

He offered his services, as meager as they are, in order to help the locals with their dayly work. He noticed the big man working as well, and he thought that this could be the pair's grandchild, or maybe their child. Poiwerful build was not a rare ocurrence here in the southlands, especially among the Seidou. Kakuro knew since he was a southerner as well, though not from a important tribe.

He made a slight bow to the man. He has indeed, learned the ways of the kami and now has become accustomed to the cultural tradition of bowing to show respect.
*Crane Clan *Wanderer *Architect *Blessed *Ascetic *Companion *Puppeteer
Carries: Bronze sword, light armor, pipe, cannabis, ragged clothing, straw hat
Mon: Crane, Doji

profile|avatar|theme

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Thu May 21, 2020 12:14 am

Taochusu on the other hand, hadn't learned the ways of the kami and didn't care one way or the other about them. He only learned about them in the past couple of days after all.

He waved a hand at the man for a brief moment but otherwise didn't stop his work. "Hey there," he said in a friendly enough tone.
Wanderer • Large

Carries: light armor, dai tsuchi, guqin, yumi & arrows, small knife, hatchet, jade finger

Doji Kakuro

Post by Doji Kakuro » Thu May 21, 2020 12:28 am

'' Good afternoon '' Kakuro took his straw hat off as a sign of respect. '' A very pleasant day for working, neh? '' He initiated the coversation with small talk. '' I asked the elderly couple if they needed some help and they point me to here, might i ask, are you their grandson?'' He asked

''Oh, where are my manners, my name is Kakuro, of the Doji family, of the realm of the kami, yoroshiku. '' He bowed this time lower.

profile|avatar|theme

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Thu May 21, 2020 12:36 am

Taochusu continued chopping while listening. He didn't bow or observe any sort of formality. Doji may have been walking this land for 10 years but this was the first time he had heard the name. "Good to meet you Kakuro. No, I'm not their grandson. I'm a wanderer, Taouchusu."

Another chop, picking up one of the half pieces of wood to quarter it. "Just helping out with chores. Getting food from the village before the expedition so I figured I should help out."

Another chop, before picking up the other half and finish the quartering. "I've been breaking down the pile and stacking it in front of the house to make it easier for them to get to."
Wanderer • Large

Doji Kakuro

Post by Doji Kakuro » Thu May 21, 2020 12:52 am

'' A wanderer? How fascinating....'' Kakuro said as he observed around were he could help with all of this. He started smoking. '' I was a wanderer myself, though i guess i no longer one, since joining the realm of the Kami.'' He said to him.

'' I was originally from around these lands, a bit to the north and east of here, near the Bay of the Earthquake Fish. Though i have visited these lands in the past. How much they have changed since then...'' He commented as well.

'' In any case, how may i help you? Perhaps i could help you with carrying the wood, Taochusu-san?'' He offered his help. '' Oh, i guess i should mention, since in the past there has been some confusion with other people not from the realm of the Kami, -san is just an honorific to imply respect to the one is directed to. It is a cultural custom of the realm of the kami. I could stop using if it bothers you.'' He explained to him.

profile|avatar|theme

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Thu May 21, 2020 1:08 am

"Talk how you talk," he says with a chuckle. "Never told a tribe I traded with to do things my way and they never told me to do things theirs."

"If you want to stack the wood that would be helpful. Could get through the pile much quicker that way." He leans down to toss the cut pieces out of range of the axe and behind him a bit so that no random wood chips fly off in that direction to hit the Crane.

He picks up one of the larger pieces of wood from the raw pile and carries it to the cutting block. "I'm not really familiar with any names of bays or anything. I spent the last two years traveling south from the Shinomen, following game trails. Though I'm originally from much farther north." This one needs to be broken down into sixths with how big it is so he goes to work.
Wanderer • Large

Doji Kakuro

Post by Doji Kakuro » Thu May 21, 2020 1:49 am

Kakuro nods and pick up some of the wood from the stack. He was not very strong, but he had learned from kami Hida that no matter what obstacle one must carry on. Especially when helping others.

'' Hmm, the Earthquake Fish bay lies near the lands of the Kuwagaya tribe, if you had heard of them, that could be give you an idea. It is a big bay near the ocean, most people there are fishermen.'' He explained to the wanderer.

'' Might i ask, Taochusu-san, what have you seen during your travels?''

profile|avatar|theme

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Thu May 21, 2020 2:00 am

"Lot's of places, animals and bandits. A few tribes. Fellow wanderers on occasion." He heaves his axe.

"Forests, lakes, rivers, mountains, and plains during all the seasons." He heaves it again.

"Seen a lot. Didn't know the name for everything I've seen so there are some things I probably won't ever be able to talk about properly." Another swing.

"Some of it looked dangerous and I just avoided it. Some of it was just strange and fleeting. Odd lights in the skies and that kind of thing."
Wanderer • Large

Crow

Post by Crow » Thu May 21, 2020 4:21 am

Somewhere in between Taochusu's swings, a dark shadow detached itself from somewhere nearby and alighted on the chunk of wood currently facing down the large man's axe. Two beady black eyes stared intensely at the large man, as if taking his measure, before the creature pecked into the wood, creating a small divot.

The tiny bird reared up and spread its wings wide, let out a recalcitrant caw, then pecked the same spot again.

It seemed to be issuing a challenge.
Crow + Birb + Mischievous

Played by GM Bakuriel

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Thu May 21, 2020 4:39 am

The curious appearance of the bird surprised him. Particularly because it landed in between the loud cracks of an axe on wood. It was the second time in his life that a bird just landed right next to him.

To be fair though, the first time it was a vulture that wanted to steal a rabbit he had caught earlier that day. And like that time he didn't particularly see any real reason to interfere with it doing it's thing. So he wiped his brow, knelt down, and rested his arms on the base of the axe handle.

"Hey..." he said, wondering if that would spook it away as he took his short breather.
Wanderer • Large

Shinsei

Post by Shinsei » Thu May 21, 2020 4:55 am

The crow rotated its head in a gesture that might have been the equivalent to rolling its eyes, cawed again, then pecked the divot even harder.

"I think he wishes to test his speed against your axe, fellow wanderer." The robed form of Shinsei meandered lazily around the corner of the home, offering a brief nod to those present. "Karasu tends to do as he pleases, leaving myself or others to interpret."

He stopped a few feet from Kakuro, then seemed to sniff lightly, before passing a curious stare at the man's pipe.
Mysterious Stranger | Ascetic | Enlightened

Run by GM Bakuriel

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Thu May 21, 2020 5:04 am

Turning his head to look at the new arrival. "I mean... I can if he really wants. But does he want chopping speed or attacking speed? They're different. This axe wouldn't last more than half a dozen swings at attacking speed," he says with a chuckle.

He stands back up and rests the axe on his shoulder in a more ready position to swing.
Wanderer • Large

Doji Kakuro

Post by Doji Kakuro » Thu May 21, 2020 5:56 am

Taochusu wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 2:00 am
"Lot's of places, animals and bandits. A few tribes. Fellow wanderers on occasion." He heaves his axe.

"Forests, lakes, rivers, mountains, and plains during all the seasons." He heaves it again.

"Seen a lot. Didn't know the name for everything I've seen so there are some things I probably won't ever be able to talk about properly." Another swing.

"Some of it looked dangerous and I just avoided it. Some of it was just strange and fleeting. Odd lights in the skies and that kind of thing."
'' Your story then it is not so much different from mine, i guess. '' Kakuro says. '' Many different peoples and customs i met, many different animals, bandits, and the power of the elements and the spirit realms. It is a wonderful, and dangerous world, full of mysteries, and hopes, life and death.'' He adds.
Shinsei wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 4:55 am
He stopped a few feet from Kakuro, then seemed to sniff lightly, before passing a curious stare at the man's pipe.

Then he noticed the small new arrival and Kakuro was not surprised that the stranger sniffed him. He does of course smell like burned hemp most of the time.

Nonetheless, Kakuro bows to the small man with a crow. '' Good afternoon. My name is Kakuro, from the Doji family, servant and companion of Doji-no-kami.'' He says to him.

profile|avatar|theme

Shinsei

Post by Shinsei » Thu May 21, 2020 6:08 am

"One swing at your best is likely sufficient for his intentions." Shinsei's eyes glittered as he watched the bird's antics. He almost missed the other man's introduction.

"Ah," he seemed to pause for a moment, then bowed gently to Kakuro. "This one is Shinsei, wanderer, wise man, and occasional corvid perch."
Mysterious Stranger | Ascetic | Enlightened

Run by GM Bakuriel

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Thu May 21, 2020 6:14 am

Shrugging, the big man hefted the axe in a more combative pose and made sure the bird was paying attention before taking aim and swinging with a much greater force at the spot the bird had pecked. This time, the axe drove straight through with enough force to embed into the chopping block.

He hoped the bird made it out of the way, and suspected it would. Birds were quick little creatures after all. But then again, he was reminded of the time he swatted a giant hornet out of the air with his hammer. That memory had come too late though, so he could only hope at this point.
Wanderer • Large

Bakuriel

Post by Bakuriel » Thu May 21, 2020 6:24 am

There was no trace of crow anywhere near the place the axe landed. It looked like the creature had been obliterated.

At least until it landed on Taochusu's shoulder and let out a long, impressed sounding caw.
I am the GM that posts while you're at work, I am the plot line that freezes before day change, I am... The Underbirb!

Crow

Post by Crow » Thu May 21, 2020 6:24 am

There was no trace of crow anywhere near the place the axe landed. It looked like the creature had been obliterated.

At least until it landed on Taochusu's shoulder and let out a long, impressed sounding caw.
Crow + Birb + Mischievous

Played by GM Bakuriel

Taochusu

Post by Taochusu » Thu May 21, 2020 6:32 am

He had seen an obliterated bird before, having shot them with arrows. He suspected it was safe when he hadn't seen a puff of feathers.

"That was fast," he says to the little bird that was much smaller looking on his shoulder than it would look on the other wanderer's.

"Want a bite? I'm going to have a small snack quick," he says, in offer to everyone really, but directing it to the bird specifically.

He reaches into a little makeshift pouch at his waist that looks like it's just some simple woven vines and pulls out the millet cakes he had gotten earlier in the dining hall.

"By the way, I am Taochusu. A wanderer, not a wise man, and a first time perch."
Wanderer • Large

Doji Kakuro

Post by Doji Kakuro » Thu May 21, 2020 7:12 am

Shinsei wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 6:08 am
"Ah," he seemed to pause for a moment, then bowed gently to Kakuro. "This one is Shinsei, wanderer, wise man, and occasional corvid perch."
'' Shinsei, eh. I think i have heard that name before. '' Kakuro tries to remember. '' Shinsei-san, i think you have been one that has been going around delivering your ideas and wisdom to the people and to the kami, or i'm wrong?'' Kakuro asked, it would seem that this wanderer was rather famous and his ideas were rather popular lately.

Then Kakuro observed the 'duel' between the Crow and the big man. It was a rather amusing scene to watch.

'' So three wanderers and a crow. Interesting group we have here.'' Kakuro commented.

profile|avatar|theme

Return to “Surrounding Farmlands”