Purple(ish) (Not Yet)Pony Party (D1, LA, Open but expecting)

Jin

Purple(ish) (Not Yet)Pony Party (D1, LA, Open but expecting)

Post by Jin » Wed May 20, 2020 1:26 pm

It would have been a truly wonderful day for a ride. The cool flow of air as the horse gallops cutting the humidity and just leaving the warmth and light.

Sadly it was not to be. Chiyo had managed to figure out a process for breaking in horses and it was already spreading through the young clan but the number of trained mounts was still far too small and, with an endeavor such as this march, they had all been relegated to vital outriders and messengers.

Perhaps Jin could have pulled rank with his new status to still get a steed of his own but he did not need one and he was not so petty as to use his power on a simple desire when they faced such grave stakes as an immortal soul.

So instead a brisk walk would have to do for now. Iuchi figured out how to summon wind, that might be nice right now, of course when he tried to show it off it knocked me on my ass so maybe not....
Ki-Rin • Jin Family Daimyo • Experienced • Shugenja • Healer • Martyr • Cartographer • Missing Eye • Missing Hand • Jade

Carries: Ashigaru armor, robes, tanto, medicine kit, bundle of scrolls and maps, finger of jade.

Description

Jin Mizuku

Re: Purple(ish) (Not Yet)Pony Party (D1, LA, Open but expecting)

Post by Jin Mizuku » Wed May 20, 2020 2:28 pm

Mizuku took in a deep breath of air, enjoying getting out and away from all the people in the city. Faru cawed as he flew in the open field. She smiled up at him, keeping an eye and making sure that he didn't get too far before circling back.

"Thank you for inviting us on this walk Jin-sama" she said while smiling. "Faru needed some time to spread his wings"
Jin Muzuku - "Bring them here, I'll heal em' "

Ki-Rin * Shugenja * Jin Family * Status 1 * Glory 2 * Reputation 1

Don't mind Faru, he's my loyal pet falcon

Jin

Post by Jin » Wed May 20, 2020 2:35 pm

He almost correct her formal address but caught himself. It was probably best that she start learning these newfangled rules the Doji were going on about even if he didn't much care for them himself. They seemed to be spreading,

"It is always good for the clan to gather and check in with each other now and then. Especially when we're in foreign lands even if they are not hostile ones."

He watched the falcon as it glided on a current, "Just make sure he doesn't snatch anyone's livestock. We'd hate to be bad guests."
Ki-Rin • Jin Family Daimyo • Experienced • Shugenja • Healer • Martyr • Cartographer • Missing Eye • Missing Hand • Jade

Carries: Ashigaru armor, robes, tanto, medicine kit, bundle of scrolls and maps, finger of jade.

Description

Shinjo Koyama

Post by Shinjo Koyama » Wed May 20, 2020 7:55 pm

Since the morning incidents, Koyama was not exactly welcome around. His attempt to 'convince' the Saidou to give up their supplies for the expedition hadn't gone as planned. But he couldn't care less of the aura of hostility as long as they didn't challenge him, and that it wouldn't be a bad thing to break the monotony of the day. He walked with his big hatchet across his back, his arms weighing on its oaken handle, polished by use.

Seeing Jin, he raised his hand in a salute. He didn't recognise his companion. Assistant?
Once known as Kozan of the Hikaru

Ki-Rin Clan ʭ Highlander ʭ Dragonborn ʭ Froward ʭ Frank ʭ Fierce ʭ Focused
Status: Shinjo's Guidman Glory: Bairn of the Earth Repute: 'Freedom!'

hatchet, spear, studded club, leather-and-bone armour, bear hide cloak
beer skin, dice, xun, cowrie shell strings

Xiao Bao, the sarcastic raccoon dog

Jin

Post by Jin » Wed May 20, 2020 8:01 pm

Jin returns the gesture, as best he can, with his good hand. Like the ways of Doji the ways of Koyama were difficult to adapt to if for very different reasons, "Hail, Koyama!"

As the parties drew closer he nodded towards the other shugenja, "Have you had a chance to meet Mizuku yet? One of my students and a member of my growing family." He then gestures from Mizuku to the warrior, "And this is Koyama, who won the respect and heart of Lady Shinjo."

Description

Shinjo Koyama

Post by Shinjo Koyama » Wed May 20, 2020 8:04 pm

"Ye hae bin gathering braw followers, ah see." Koyama nodded in recognition. " He nodded in recognition. "Mah wife's clan haes bin swelling juist braw."

Jin

Post by Jin » Wed May 20, 2020 8:09 pm

He thankfully had been getting, slightly, better at mentally interpreting the Shinjo's speech without obvious pause or delay, "Indeed you've both been doing great work. One, Miuna, has even come under my tutelage. I've sent her word we would be out this way so she might yet join us."

Description

Shinjo Miuna

Post by Shinjo Miuna » Wed May 20, 2020 10:24 pm

As if called forth by the mere mention of her name, though she could not hear it, a blur raced past the group and then doubled back. Still barefoot, having just left the courtyard, Miuna nearly skidded to a stop in front of the small group. Her tiny 4'8 frame looked even smaller standing so close to Jin. She beamed up at him with a look of deep respect mixed with pure adoration. Aono, at a far more respectable pace and with Miuna's shoes still in hand, reached the group soon after.

Aono addressed the group. "Salutations, isn't it such a lovely afternoon? Well met, Jin. Thank you for the invitation. My sister clearly has more energy to burn, despite rising quite early." She smiled, though there was certainly some fatigue behind it. She bowed to the others in the group. "I do not think that we have been acquainted yet. I am Aono, and that," she chuckled as her sister completed a cartwheel, "is Miuna."
Ki-Rin • Blessed by Tengoku • Dangerous Beauty • Deaf • Feisty
• Shugenja • Small • Soft-hearted

Miuna | Aono | Description

Jin

Post by Jin » Wed May 20, 2020 10:53 pm

There is a slight sigh at the rambunctious energy but it is obviously good natured if time worn.

As he speaks he addresses each of them in turn, even if Aona is interpreting, he faces Miuna when speaking to her, "Miuna, Aona I'm glad you could join us. This is Koyama, Shinjo's husband, though I hope you knew that even if you had not yet met him." He the nods and smiles to his family member, "And this is Mizuka of my family and your fellow student. Though I suppose you are right your studies with me did not quite overlap, I don't think."

Description

Shinjo Miuna

Post by Shinjo Miuna » Thu May 21, 2020 1:12 am

A little squeak escaped Miuna as she actually focused enough to recognize the people she was with. She bowed deeply, signing to Aono, "Please tell Koyama that it is a great honor to be blessed by his presence. Thank Sensei again for inviting us and say hello to Mizuka." She bowed again, and stood there staring at Koyama with an avid fascination. This was THE Koyama. Husband, lover and confidant who had won the heart of her beloved kami. She knew all the stories, but it was another thing entirely to be meeting him now. Did this mean she might soon stand in the presence of Shinjo herself? The thought alone threatened to bring her to her knees. She knew the kami would accompany them during this journey but had yet to catch even a glimpse of her. Not since she had seen her the very first time. She sucked in a breath, smiling at the group. She didn't recognize Mizuka, but she was always looking to make new friends!

Aono relayed the message and bowed herself. "It is an honor, Koyama." She gestured towards the fields. "Shall we walk while we talk?"
Last edited by Shinjo Miuna on Fri May 22, 2020 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jin Mizuku

Post by Jin Mizuku » Thu May 21, 2020 1:37 am

Mizuku watched Aono and Miuna bow which made her eyes go wide. She wasn't used to these formalities, and hadn't but recently started using the "correct" names for her superiors. She quickly bowed herself, trying to be graceful and sound normal despite her sweaty palms.

"Yes, it is indeed an honor to meet you great Shinjo Koyama"

At that moment Faru decided he wanted to land. He swooped down and landed on her back, as she was still bowed forward. She wasn't prepared and the weight tipped her forward. She gasped and curled into a ball, doing a full roll and standing straight up again. Now she was standing extremely close to Koyama. She blushed and slowly looked up at him. Faru finally found his place on her shoulder and cawed lightly.

"My apologies sir Koyama." She said, frozen in fear

Shinjo Koyama

Post by Shinjo Koyama » Thu May 21, 2020 1:51 am

Koyama was a bit perplexed by a sudden flurry of youthful femininity apparently in Jin's service, but not in a bad way; cartwheels and descending falcons and blushing maidens and platitudes, oh my, could perceptually overload any man less dedicated to a woman who wasn't present at the site of such occurrences. Him, he ruffled Mizuku's hair and patted her firmly on the shoulder while stepping to the side.

"Ye lassies hae a lot o' energy 'n' interesting habits. Tis fitting fur a clan lik' ours whilk cherishes freedom." He smirked curtly to dismiss her worry. "Tis guid tae catch up wi` ye baith." He didn't know what stories about him they had heard by the physical reality was probably less impressive. He still looked much like the Hikaru tribesman Jin had met before. Though... wasn't he taller by a few inches?

Shinjo Miuna

Post by Shinjo Miuna » Thu May 21, 2020 5:54 am

Miuna saw the falcon land, and the skilled tumble Mizuku took afterwards, and gasped lightly. "Bir-buh!" She said aloud, and then signed, asking, "What kind of bird is that? Is it a pet, does it listen to you? What does it eat? Does it bite? Can I pet it?!"

Aono interrupted her slew of hand questions by grasping them gently. She laughed lightly. "Calm down, Miuna. I'll ask." She addressed Mizuku. "Is that a trained bird, where did you acquire such an animal? It's a beautiful creature."

Jin Mizuku

Post by Jin Mizuku » Thu May 21, 2020 9:50 am

Mizuku sighed in relief when Shinjo stepped away, blushing still at him ruffling her hair. She turned toward the girl that was excitedly throwing her hands about. She smiled, always happy to speak about Faru.

"Oh he is a Falcon! He is well trained, as I've had him for roughly 5 years now. He also thinks he is beautiful and likes to show off" She giggled lightly, absentmindedly petting him with two fingers. "His name is Faru"

Jin

Post by Jin » Thu May 21, 2020 1:15 pm

Jin offers a somewhat sheepish smile and a grin at Koyama as the dam of energy bursts around and among the Shinjo. As the girls begin to talk among themselves and the falcon preens he looks the other man up and down.

"I swear you've gotten even taller. So what's the legend now? Ogres cut off your legs and they grew back half again as long?"

Description

Shinjo Koyama

Post by Shinjo Koyama » Thu May 21, 2020 3:45 pm

"You kin as weel think that bit ah cannae comment aye or nay." Koyama grinned. "Thing aboot legends the lenth o' ah ken thaim is that thair hero does nae explain themselves tae much." He combed his upstanding hair with his hand. "Ah bet ah noo keek less silly by her side though."

Jin

Post by Jin » Thu May 21, 2020 7:37 pm

"True, true though I suspect being compared to a god is a high bar no matter who you might be." Jin chuckles then smiles warmly, "Though she certainly does inspire others to try their best. I know it was hard to convince any of my people to stay behind and not join us on this quest despite the need for some to do so."

Description

Shinjo Miuna

Post by Shinjo Miuna » Thu May 21, 2020 11:12 pm

Aono admitted there relationship between birds and master. She chuckled at that last comment. "For the same reasons, I could not convince Miuna to stay home. Not in a situation where she can be of assistance."

Miuna smiled at that and they continued their leisurely pace next to the others.

Jin Mizuku

Post by Jin Mizuku » Fri May 22, 2020 1:26 am

"The idea of staying home made my head sick. How could we not come to assist where we can? Besides, I am sure to learn a lot from this journey, and knowledge is worth the danger"

Mizuku had a determined looked on her face. She came close to Miuna with a smile and crouched down, allowing her to pet Faru.

Shinjo Miuna

Post by Shinjo Miuna » Fri May 22, 2020 2:06 am

Miuna nearly squealed in delight, though refrained lest she startle him, using two fingers to pet the bird in the same fashion as she had seen Mizuku do. The feathers felt soft and impossibly smooth under the tips of her fingers. The smile on her lips reached her eyes. She loved animals. She would gladly pet a bear if it wouldn't just as soon maul her.

Aono looked on, happy to see the girls getting along. She then sighed, contemplative. "I wonder what we may see on this journey. It certainly wont be easy. Then again, we didn't come because we thought it would be." Her eyes came to rest on Miuna as she said that.

Return to “Surrounding Farmlands”