Day 1 EM - The Build Up (expecting)

Anjing Xia

Day 1 EM - The Build Up (expecting)

Post by Anjing Xia » Tue May 19, 2020 7:34 pm

More than two miles outside of the city, Xia stops and points to a cleared patch of dirt containing several thick cut logs and a variety of stones.

Clearly excited "And so this will be Watchtower 5, Kaiu-sama is going to make this one three heads higher because we're in a natural depression and since the paddy to the north will overflow in summer and the pilings might sink."

She continues her tour, pointing out different components of the once and future watchtower to her companion.
Crab • Seidou • Niece of the Daimyo • Surprisingly Literate • A Little Awkward
• Here To Help • Front Line Combatant • Recorder Of History

Jin

Re: Day 2 EM - The Build Up (expecting)

Post by Jin » Tue May 19, 2020 7:46 pm

The younger woman's exuberance, once he had gotten used to it after their first meeting that is, never ceased to amuse Jin.

"Impressive."

The man pins a piece of scrap parchment against his right arm and chest and quickly jots down some notes with charcoal using his good hand. Though his resources were much greater now as a daimyo he still kept some of the habits he had adopted as a lone traveler - such as making rough notes on any scraps he might have around so he did not waste good parchment until he was ready to make a final map.

"The industriousness under Hida never ceases to impress. There are always new buildings and new changes each time I visit."
Ki-Rin • Jin Family Daimyo • Experienced • Shugenja • Healer • Martyr • Cartographer • Missing Eye • Missing Hand • Jade

Carries: Ashigaru armor, robes, tanto, medicine kit, bundle of scrolls and maps, finger of jade.

Description

Anjing Xia

Re: Day 1 EM - The Build Up (expecting)

Post by Anjing Xia » Tue May 19, 2020 7:55 pm

Jin wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 7:46 pm
The younger woman's exuberance, once he had gotten used to it after their first meeting that is, never ceased to amuse Jin.

"Impressive."

The man pins a piece of scrap parchment against his right arm and chest and quickly jots down some notes with charcoal using his good hand. Though his resources were much greater now as a daimyo he still kept some of the habits he had adopted as a lone traveler - such as making rough notes on any scraps he might have around so he did not waste good parchment until he was ready to make a final map.

"The industriousness under Hida never ceases to impress. There are always new buildings and new changes each time I visit."
Xia looks eager to help, but restrains herself from offering to do the note taking unless asked.

"We've already had to move the outer towers out twice since the farms keep expanding. Maybe one day they'll extend so far we won't be able to see them from the city? We'll have farmers without any hills to run to."
The idea seemed almost sacrilegious

"What are the other gods building? Did Shinjo ever find the resources for that bathhouse castle? Have you had a chance to see the capital recently? Are they really going for all those concentric circles?" She restrains further questions with some effort

Jin

Post by Jin » Tue May 19, 2020 8:16 pm

He chuckles softly as he folds the parchment and tucks it away, "Shinjo seems to prefer being on the move especially with all the preparations that were required before this march could start So not much time, or need, for castles yet. Nor have I personally made it to the capital.. My travels have been to map the lands here or to teach my students. I have heard they may indeed be going with the circles though."
Ki-Rin • Jin Family Daimyo • Experienced • Shugenja • Healer • Martyr • Cartographer • Missing Eye • Missing Hand • Jade

Carries: Ashigaru armor, robes, tanto, medicine kit, bundle of scrolls and maps, finger of jade.

Description

Shinjo Koyama

Post by Shinjo Koyama » Wed May 20, 2020 1:00 am

EM1. Intimidation. VP for Skill. 3R.: 6d10o10k5 34

[Failure by 1]

Meanwhile, in the village...

"This insae a raid, ah rame, this insae a raid. Aye, ah used tae be a Hikaru bit amurnay aff tae juist tak' th' millet fae ye if ye gie up it willingly. Na, na huts pure burnin` this time, tis fur th' greater guid. Sae mah guidwife says. Ye git it, common folk, richt?"

Kozan was shouting expressively, waving his hatchet around to make a point for a civilised acquisition of harvest.
Once known as Kozan of the Hikaru

Ki-Rin Clan ʭ Highlander ʭ Dragonborn ʭ Froward ʭ Frank ʭ Fierce ʭ Focused
Status: Shinjo's Guidman Glory: Bairn of the Earth Repute: 'Freedom!'

hatchet, spear, studded club, leather-and-bone armour, bear hide cloak
beer skin, dice, xun, cowrie shell strings

Xiao Bao, the sarcastic raccoon dog

Anjing Xia

Post by Anjing Xia » Wed May 20, 2020 6:26 am

Jin wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 8:16 pm
He chuckles softly as he folds the parchment and tucks it away, "Shinjo seems to prefer being on the move especially with all the preparations that were required before this march could start So not much time, or need, for castles yet. Nor have I personally made it to the capital.. My travels have been to map the lands here or to teach my students. I have heard they may indeed be going with the circles though."
She's clearly disappointed but smiles wanly anyway.
"I'll just have to go up north myself then, after the expedition is finished, of course. Maybe you could request I get sent there? People actually listen to you, Jin-sama"
Shinjo Koyama wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 1:00 am

Meanwhile, in the village...

"This insae a raid, ah rame, this insae a raid. Aye, ah used tae be a Hikaru bit amurnay aff tae juist tak' th' millet fae ye if ye gie up it willingly. Na, na huts pure burnin` this time, tis fur th' greater guid. Sae mah guidwife says. Ye git it, common folk, richt?"

Kozan was shouting expressively, waving his hatchet around to make a point for a civilised acquisition of harvest.
Xia cocks her head at the distant shouting
"...Do you hear that? Someone shouting in a foreign tongue? It's not ogre or nezumi...."

Jin

Post by Jin » Wed May 20, 2020 7:29 am

"I'm not sure I have that much sway Xia, you flatter me, but I'm certainly happy to put in what word I can for you."

At the loud shouting Jin's eyebrow raised in amusement, switching to a full on laugh at Xia's question, "I do and, no, definitely not ogre or nezumi. That is sound of the illustrious husband to the kami Shinjo and that, as far as I can tell, is his version of our tongue." He lowers his voice to a conspiratorial whisper, "Though I will say most times he speaks I just smile and nod..."

Description

Anjing Xia

Post by Anjing Xia » Wed May 20, 2020 7:39 am

Jin wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 7:29 am
"I'm not sure I have that much sway Xia, you flatter me, but I'm certainly happy to put in what word I can for you."

At the loud shouting Jin's eyebrow raised in amusement, switching to a full on laugh at Xia's question, "I do and, no, definitely not ogre or nezumi. That is sound of the illustrious husband to the kami Shinjo and that, as far as I can tell, is his version of our tongue." He lowers his voice to a conspiratorial whisper, "Though I will say most times he speaks I just smile and nod..."
She nods conspiratorially, picturing Shinjo's husband as some kind of...horse? Was that why he sounded so funny?
"Should we go find out what's wrong? I've only read about him, something about his being indestructible and immortal?" A super horse.

Jin

Post by Jin » Wed May 20, 2020 8:10 am

"So the legends claim. But I still stop the bleeding when I see it... just in case." He looks over towards the noise, "Maybe it would be best if we checked in. Just in case."

Description

Anjing Xia

Post by Anjing Xia » Wed May 20, 2020 8:26 am

Jin wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 8:10 am
"So the legends claim. But I still stop the bleeding when I see it... just in case." He looks over towards the noise, "Maybe it would be best if we checked in. Just in case."
Solemnly
"Just in case."

Xia leads the way towards the shouting.....

Jin

Post by Jin » Wed May 20, 2020 8:29 am

Jin suspected it might be the Crab in need of help, not Koyama. Emotionally if not physically.

The older man can't quite help control a grin as they head towards the racket.

Description

Shinjo Koyama

Post by Shinjo Koyama » Wed May 20, 2020 8:09 pm

"Jin! Speak tae they fowk. They're ower unhelpful." It sounded like a snorty fuming, in both intention and highlander flavoured speak.

Anjing Xia

Post by Anjing Xia » Wed May 20, 2020 8:15 pm

Shinjo Koyama wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 8:09 pm
"Jin! Speak tae they fowk. They're ower unhelpful." It sounded like a snorty fuming, in both intention and highlander flavoured speak.
Xia hesitantly waves at Koyoma, completely unsure of what to do or even what was happening.
"Good day.....Shinjo-sama?"
Trying to speak very slowly and enunciate clearly
"Weeee're her to heeeelp yooooou. My name is Xiiiiaaa, Xiiiiaaa. I am a friiiiend."

Jin

Post by Jin » Wed May 20, 2020 8:16 pm

Jin composes himself, somewhat poorly, and looks to Xia, "Shinjo Koyama, lord-husband of the Ki-Rin, this is Anjing Xia... I believe you know her aunt." He can't help but laugh a little, "Xia, I worry your kin may fear that Kozan is here to pillage their lands. Perhaps a reasonable mistake when faced with such a mighty warrior. Perhaps you could aid us in calming their fears?"

Description

Shinjo Koyama

Post by Shinjo Koyama » Thu May 21, 2020 1:57 am

At the mention of Xia's aunt, Kozan brightened a bit. "Is th' pig-headed lassie cried Anjing well?"

He looked at Jin. "Aye, They fowk are silly lik' blootert possums. If ah cam tae raid thare wid be fire aw weys."

Anjing Xia

Post by Anjing Xia » Thu May 21, 2020 6:11 am

"Uh yes, Anjing is well? She's still herself, just older and with more responsibilities....and therefore maybe a bit crankier."

Shinjo Koyama

Post by Shinjo Koyama » Thu May 21, 2020 3:37 pm

"Crankier?" He chuckled in feigned disbelief, as if such thing was not possible.

Anjing Xia

Post by Anjing Xia » Thu May 21, 2020 4:02 pm

Shinjo Koyama wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 3:37 pm
"Crankier?" He chuckled in feigned disbelief, as if such thing was not possible.
Nodding, apparently very serious "Cranky enough to pierce the heavens. Um, speaking of threatening to pierce things."
She looks around
"Is that what you were up to?"

Jin

Post by Jin » Fri May 22, 2020 5:54 am

Jin chuckles a little, "I doubt Koyama would be so rude as to threaten harm to your people... but I am not sure that your people would understand what was a threat and what was not if they hadn't spoken with him for long."

Description

Anjing Xia

Post by Anjing Xia » Fri May 22, 2020 6:34 am

Jin wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 5:54 am
Jin chuckles a little, "I doubt Koyama would be so rude as to threaten harm to your people... but I am not sure that your people would understand what was a threat and what was not if they hadn't spoken with him for long."
"I mean, he doesn't look that much like an ogre. They'd just think he was another expedition member....trying to requisition goods via yelling. Not realizing of course that he is the Koyama. No wonder diplomacy is such hard work."

Return to “Surrounding Farmlands”